It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New report questions Israel's claim of "divine right"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The very notion of 'divine right' has been something that has underpinned Zionism even before the Nakba or catastrophe 65 years ago when hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were expelled or fled during the 19-48 war. Now a new report by the Church and Society Council of the Church of Scotland has ignited a firestorm in its most recent publication looking to address the ongoing Palestinian humanitarian crisis.

Reverend Dr Stephen Sizer has written extensively on the issue of Christian Zionism.

The Church of Scotland report acknowledges that the idea of misinterpreted biblical prophesy combined with norms of European colonialism lead to the Balfour Declaration in 1917 when the British government agreed to QUOTE a 'Jewish homeland' in Palestine and the origins of the current crisis in the region. The research by the church is being seen as significant for a number of reasons.

www.presstv.ir...
edit on Wed May 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**
edit on 9/5/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
inheritance of abraham

i was looking at this story earlier today and i found the report from the church linked above.

+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Anyone who does not pick and choose Torah verses only supportive of Divine Right, knows that the Abrahamic covenant's title to the land was lost by Divine Decision, based on the massive personal and national sins of both Israel and Judah. God considered Israel and Judah His wives, but divorced them and sent them packing, as is usually done in divorces. This divorcement has not yet been rescinded, and is still in force. Therefore, Palestine belongs to the Palestinians.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Israel's regathering after the Diaspora and Hitler's persecution is a fulfillment of prophecy, but....

Israel...even Netanyahu is not a Divine entity.

Therefore neither Israel or Netanyahu possess Divine right.

No King. No earthly power possesses Divine Right.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
knows that the Abrahamic covenant's title to the land was lost by Divine Decision,

Exactly.

In other words there is a power in heaven above Israel that determines their rights and privileges.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

knows that the Abrahamic covenant's title to the land was lost by Divine Decision,

Exactly.

In other words there is a power in heaven above Israel that determines their rights and privileges.

Yea... its called a kinetic weapon.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
jeez
For some 15 years I have been asking to see a signed deed...
Before israel even becomes a question
there is the matter of proving the so called GOD(s) they promulgate even exist(s)

Till then its all just debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...
say...why do they call them ANgels anyway?
What Yahwayngels doesn't roll of the tongue quite right?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal
Thanks for the link. I will definitely read it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

For some 15 years I have been asking to see a signed deed...
Before israel even becomes a question
there is the matter of proving the so called GOD(s) they promulgate even exist(s)

This is at least a beginning. As Dr Stephen Sizer said in the interview, "For too long they have assumed that they had the Church in their pocket" (paraphrase . they being the Zionists)

I'll throw you a bone here:

This statement gives rise to questions and observations, among them:
. . .
iv) How do we view the narratives on the occupation of the ‘promised land’ in Joshua and Judges?
(Violent ethnic cleansing was apparently condoned by God in some passages, while others
suggest assimilation.)
. . .
vi) Clarence Wagner describes the creation of the modern state of Israel as a ‘miracle’. What is
meant by ‘miracle’? Was Al Nakba a ‘miracle’ – driving people from their ancestral land and
property with no right of reclaim; the creation of the Gaza Strip; all the refugee camps; the
occupied Palestinian territory with the destruction of community life; and the impoverishment
of the Palestinian people?
Page 4

At least the questions here have been asked. Some may go on to ask "Hey, what kind of god are we talking about here? Do we settle for this god or not?"

edit on 7-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Miracula

Exactly.

Yea... its called a kinetic weapon.

You mean an orbital gun?

A meteor?

+8 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Jews have no divine right to the land they occupy. As for a scriptural reference; "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Matt 23:38 KJV . Just because the US and Britain created the Jewish state does not give them divine right.

DNA research proves that those who call themselves “Jews” are not Jews! DNA has proved conclusively that most of the people in the nation of Israel and in World Jewry are not the descendants of Abraham.
Those professing to be “Jews” are not of the ancient Israelites, and they are not the seed of Abraham. In fact, the new DNA research shows that the Palestinians actually have more Israelite blood than do the “Jews!”

Dr. Eran Elhaik (“a Jew”) and associates at the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. In research accepted December 5, 2012 and published by the Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society of Molecular Biology and Evolution, it was found that the “Khazarian Hypothesis” is scientifically correct. Dr. Eran Elhaik's research is the second study done on the DNA of the current "Jews" in Israel and confirms the previous study done by Dr. Ariella Oppenheim, of Hebrew University In 2001. The "Jews" are in fact not Jews but Khazars.

Dr. Ariella Oppenheim, of Hebrew University, a biologist, published the first extensive study of DNA and the origin of the Jews. Her research found that virtually all the Jews came from Khazar blood. Not only that but Oppenheim discovered that the Palestinians—the very people whom the Jews had been persecuting and ejecting from Israel’s land since 1948—had more Israelite blood than did the Jews. In sum, the vast majority of the Jews were not Jews; some of the Palestinians were. Some of the Palestinians even had a DNA chromosome which established that they were “Cohens”—workers at the ancient Temple and synagogues of the Jews.

The "Jews" love to throw the race card to justify their genocide and terrorist activities. Their problem is that they are not "Jews" but impostors and usurpers and now are headed to literally steal land from the Bedouin which is a rightful owner of his land.

With DNA evidence in place there is no question as to modern day Israel's claim of "Divine Right" being a false claim. With this being known not only on the international level and peer reviewed, that any country that supports the further policies of the state of Israel has an agenda inconsistent with the rights of the peoples of historical origins of the area (Bedouins and Palestinians).

I have no doubt that there will be those that say I am anti-semitic with is in itself a false accusation. I am however, anti-zionist and anti-genocide. The state of Israel has no right to or justification to impose their policies of terror upon the Bedouins or Palestinians, yet nothing is done to correct these atrocities.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I didn't see anywhere in the report where "Divine right" was mentioned. It seems to come from the Iranian State Press report. Wait, Iranian? Oh, well.

Further, it is only a repetion of what the Church of Scotland (Scotland?) has been saying since 2001. Their position seems to be that the Biblical promises of land for the Jews should not be taken literally. If they are taken literally, the promise is no longer effective because they believe the Jews have been bad. Finally, the land promised to the Jews did not mean a specific piece of land, just land in general.

It's an opinion piece, not a report.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
well lets discredit it because its iranian. I am sure a Israeli Written article would be a more reliable source.

edit on 7-5-2013 by grimghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

Dear grimghost,

I'm sorry I didn't make my point clear. My major objection is that the Church of Scotland used their interpretation of the Bible to reach their conclusion. As they pointed out in the report, other ministers interpret Scripture differently and come to a different conclusion.

It's just an opinion piece.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If Israel is divine...then I am God himself.

The entire "state" of Israel suffers from mental retardation.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I know you didn't mean mental retrdation literally. What do you think they do suffer from?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I know you didn't mean mental retrdation literally. What do you think they do suffer from?

Well, for starters; genocide.

But hey, it happened to them once and they have "Divine Right," yeah? That's justifiable, right?

Oops, my bad. By all means continue the subjugation and murder of innocents.

Quit side-stepping this issue and instigating in petty one-liners that serve no purpose. I rarely post on here, I much prefer to read, and members such as yourself (who have been around for awhile and undoubtedly have learned some things) should have more to add rather than instigation on someone who made a childish comment.

On topic now, what does an Iranian source implicate? Do you believe the United States' mainstream media? Isreali news? Which ones are reliable and why? Just stating that an article that has a number of other sources seems more credible than someone just simply claiming unworthy because of it's source.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Muslims know that " ALLAH " gave the land to the Jews to inhabit forever . This is in the Koran17:104. If I remember it right . The Muslim reply is that they are not Jews but Khazar's that are in Israel now . This is their way of getting around " Allah's" commandment . Strangly enough they may be right for the most part . But there are real Jews in Israel as well so the Muslims need to shut up and get out .
edit on 8-5-2013 by SimonPeter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So....whose gonna have to inform the IDF they are Kazhars and they have to vacate?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Dear RomeByFire,

My apologies for disappointing you. I'm frequently censured for being excessively wordy, it appears I over-corrected. Allow me to answer your complaints and questions. I must stress that I'm not addressing them in order of importance.

members such as yourself (who have been around for awhile and undoubtedly have learned some things) should have more to add rather than instigation on someone who made a childish comment.
I agree with you that Evanzsayz' comment was childish. There was no way to have a discussion with someone who takes that as a position. I was hoping he would respond with a more reasonable objection to Israel, which might have served as a good starting point.

Well, for starters; genocide.
If you're implying that Israel is comitting genocide, then I believe your definition of the word is very different from mine, history's, or even current mainstream thought.

But hey, it happened to them once and they have "Divine Right," yeah? That's justifiable, right?

Oops, my bad. By all means continue the subjugation and murder of innocents.
Do you really want me to treat you seriously? As soon as we have weapons which will determine which of the identically dressed individuals near a rocket launcher were involved in the launch, and that weapon will kill only those, then I'll agree.

On topic now, what does an Iranian source implicate? Do you believe the United States' mainstream media? Isreali news? Which ones are reliable and why? Just stating that an article that has a number of other sources seems more credible than someone just simply claiming unworthy because of it's source.
Why do you believe that puts us back on topic? I've already said that was a minor issue to me. But, to continue, the phrase "Divine right," as used in the headline and by many posters, doesn't appear in the report which this thread is supposedly concerned with. It was inserted by the Iranian government and only clouds and confuses the issue, as "Divine right" refers to the authority of rulers.

The report is simply a description of how one denomination in Scotland interprets the Scriptures to reach the conclusion which they've held for a dozen years. The report is significant only in it's propaganda value.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. Looking back at this I see I may have been harsher than I intended. I'm sorry. - C -

edit on 8-5-2013 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join