It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Anti-inflammatory: Like many chronic degenerative diseases, inflammation plays a significant role in cardiovascular disease pathogenesis. There are five studies on GreenMedInfo.com indicating pomegranate's anti-inflammatory properties.[iii]

Blood-Pressure Lowering: Pomegranate juice has natural angiotensin converting enzyme inhibiting properties, [iv] and is a nitric oxide enhancer, two well-known pathways for reducing blood pressure. [v] Finally, pomegranate extract rich in punicalagin has been found reduce the adverse effects of perturbed stress on arterial segments exposed to disturbed flow.[vi]

Anti-Infective: Plaque buildup in the arteries often involves secondary viral and bacterial infection, including hepatitis C and Chlamydia pneumoniae.[vii] Pomegranate has a broad range of anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.

Antioxidant: One of the ways in which blood lipids become heart disease-promoting (atherogenic) is through oxidation. LDL, for instance, may be technically 'elevated' but harmless as long as it does not readily oxidize. Pomegranate has been found to reduce the oxidative stress in the blood, as measured by serum paraoxonase levels. One study in mice found this decrease in oxidative stress was associated with 44% reduction in the size of atherosclerotic lesions. [viii]

Awesome stuff! And tasty too.

Star and flag from me for posting this valuable information.

For those who have mentioned that the fruit is expensive...the juice, relatively, is much cheaper...and widely available, which may be why the fruit itself has become so pricey...also if you are buying it out of season the price is obviously inflated...this time of year, I can generally get two for a pound (sterling, not weight) ...sometimes less if I go to the market around packing up time. My son loves them, though tends to make a disgusting mess in the process of eating them....ewww.

I tend to get the juice, or if I am feeling flush, Innocent Smoothie Pomegranates, Blueberry and Acai variety, when I feel a bout of depression coming on or am generally feeling under the weather. I do that for the antioxidants...but clearly, it is helping with the circulation and more besides too. Good to know. Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Pomegranates and bacon. Bacon has nitrates that lower blood pressure. A 105 year old woman eats bacon every day:

www.scienceworldreport.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I drink green tea by the gallon, regularly take cod liver oil, eat onions, garlic, fruit, vegetables, take long walks every day, yet had high cholesterol (8.2mmols/l).

Recently started taking Simvastatin and already it's gone down by 3mmols.

So like, go figure...

Big Bad Pharma -1

Mother Earth - 0

I'd be very careful with statin drugs - do your homework, side effects can be really nasty. Consider starting with
articles.mercola.com...

On a more general note - you need saturated fats in your diet.

How much total saturated do we need? During the 1970s, researchers from Canada found that animals fed rapeseed oil and canola oil developed heart lesions. This problem was corrected when they added saturated fat to the animals diets. On the basis of this and other research, they ultimately determined that the diet should contain at least 25 percent of fat as saturated fat. Among the food fats that they tested, the one found to have the best proportion of saturated fat was lard, the very fat we are told to avoid under all circumstances!
These are some of the complex but vital reasons we need to include palm oil, coconut oil, butter and lard in our diets.

www.westonaprice.org...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I've got familial hypercholesterolaemia, so have to take a statin.

So far - no problems.

I'm taking CoQ10 supplements (20mg a day) because I was feeling a bit drained, but that's cleared up now.

Everything's good.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by purplemer

Pomegranates are wicked good to eat...but you ever try to peel one apart?
Talk about a red mess of finger staining goodness!

Here is a video showing a quick and mess-free way to peel a pomegranate. (skip to approximately the 2:00 mark)

edit on 9-5-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
they look delicious

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
infusion crusts
edit on 9/5/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If you go to www.pubmed.com you can find about another 200 natural compounds with similar original research articles.

This is not a miracle cure and should not be taken as such by anyone. Yes it will not hurt you. Yes it will promote vascular health. No its not going to "clean out all the plaques" from your arteries.

When reporting this type of data include the number of subjects and their ages and other medical conditions to help people understand and not seem sensationalistic

edit on 9-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Read up on how statins increase your risk for developing dementia. Try to get off them if possible

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If you have heart disease many root vegetables help tremendously. My partner drank beet juice and it reduced blood pressure down to normal levels. I have never tried pomegranates although I will say they taste a lot better than beets or onions

I know one of the theories of why beet juice works to lower blood pressure is that it contains nitrates which the body converts to nitrites. It also appears from what I could find that pomegranates also contain quite a bit. If anyone knows more about this post it up. I did find this article which seems pretty thorough:

ajcn.nutrition.org...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

and here i thought my great grandmother was crazy..

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

can we just stuff the whole fruit into a powerful blender?

these other produce have also been hyped:
broccoli
sour sop
blueberries
beets
carrots

maybe we should just blend the whole lot of them together

<< 1  2   >>

join