It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China now flexing in Mid east issues, just the beginning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, the USA has gotten nowhere.. Let China have a go.

China has an advantage, it isn't the beacon for freedom and human rights. It can get results, as long as the western media doesn't dig too deep into the mass graves that appear.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Well, the USA has gotten no where.. Let China have a go.

China has an advantage, it isnt the beacon for freedom and human rights. I can get results, as long as the western media doesnt dig too deep into the mass graves that appear.

Chinas fix, is marred with Tibetan souls.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

this might be true but how much will it consume before it does? In the 10 years it could take, a lot of land could become wasteland,er mass grave yard, there's a lot of sand to be filled.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Lets get to the first point, China has to flex it's might now and then Taiwan, Japan DPRK are all on the Chian wish list, who will be first to fall?, with out a shot being fired , I would say DPRK, the Islands that japan,Taiwan,and Chian clam will not go away all need them for just that a show of force by all and so far no shots have been fired, there might be others Chian might have if you should know of this pleas post them. It is worthy of it here.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

well you asked so here it is form 2011 nothing new seems they are not that open yet www.onislam.net... from the link

China's War on Terror

(0 votes, average 0 out of 5)
By Ben Blanchard
Reuters- Urumqi, China
Sunday, 25 September 2011 10:10
China has exerted considerable diplomatic pressure on Asian countries where Uighurs have claimed asylum.

The back alleys and packed mosques of the remote far western Chinese city of Urumqi are one of the more obscure front lines in the U.S.-backed war on terror, launched after the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington. Streets crawl with baton-wielding riot police and heavily armed SWAT teams brought in for a trade fair in a tense reminder that China considers the region fertile ground for terrorism and Islamic radicalism, a claim many scoff at.

Ten years ago, China used the 9/11 attacks to justify getting tough with what it said were al Qaeda-backed extremists who wanted to bring similar carnage to Xinjiang, a heavily Muslim region with close cultural links to Central Asia.

A sweeping crackdown on Uighurs (pronounced "Wee-gur") - the Turkic-speaking people who call Xinjiang home, followed.

China has used a carrot and stick approach, going after Uighurs it suspects of harboring separatist views, but also pumping in billions of dollars to boost development and lessen the appeal of the militants.
yes i do know it is not a China news link but it is on China, think what would happen if they got their hands on Iraq or Afghanistan, Iran would not be.

edit on 8-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

yes it is, I am Glad you brought that up. Think Israel is bad on other mid east nations just think what China would do , same as they did to Tibet, if not worse.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Flexing..........

China gives notes on how to hide atrocities.........

China sells weapons to both countries.....

China rapes resources......

Flexing..........

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
And speak of the…….

The Chinese government newspaper is now making rumblings about having a territorial claim to Okinawa!

Yes, you heard that right… Okinawa!
www.businessinsider.com...

I think china has officially lost it’s mind.
I think it’s time to get the B1s and B52s warmed up.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

well if it goes before the UN law board to decide China has this on it side form your link

"Unresolved problems relating to the Ryukyu Islands have reached the time for reconsideration," wrote Zhang Haipeng and Li Guoqiang, citing post-World War II declarations that required Japan to return Chinese territory.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
so the Islands did belong to China before the war?? this i got to look up

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
so the Islands did belong to China before the war?? this i got to look up

They are basing that statement on any land that china had control over in the entire history of china, no mater how long ago it was, or how many years before ww2 it was.

They had control over the area 150 year before ww2. So they think the declaration that Japan turn back any Chinese land after ww2 applies to that land too. The declaration was in reference to any land Japan got via ww2.

They are intentionally taking the declaration out of context.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i apologize but i am not sure what you are trying to say.
i have read and reread it but i just can't seem to understand it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I don't see how you got to the conclusion that China is going to start sending its military into the Middle East. It is simply trying to improve its international image using diplomacy and exercise more influence in a region vital to its interests in a peaceful manner.

The US has failed to objectively mediate, maybe it is time to let someone else finally get involved?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join