It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obedience

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I never said I was professional.

But everything in the Tao was aligned with my Catholic teachings, and my priest said that it is the truth as long as it can be brought before Christ.

It's a kind of measure I cannot explain I guess, unless you get it.
edit on 023131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

It's a kind of measure I cannot explain I guess, unless you get it.

As Einstein says, if you cannot explain it to a five year old, you don't understand it yourself. And if you don't understand it, how do you know there's nothing better?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Well Lao Tzu also says that the beginning of understanding is accepting that you do not understand.

As for the child-like explanatory thing, it's better understood than said to a child. I am sure a child would know what I mean, but would I be able to convey it? I don't know.

But it seems that you want me to try so....

I read the words with faith and love and understand it through spirit. If I read a line over and over again, it turns into nothing, it loses any meaning it had because I am giving too much attention to the letter and not enough to the Spirit.

make sense?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The "measure" is that I bring the spirit of the book to the Spirit of God and see if it is aligned.

Like if it cooperates with "Love God with all your mind, body, and soul, and love your neighbor as you do yourself."

Getting any of this?

Please do not reply with a psychoanalysis telling me how f*cked up I am
edit on 053131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The "measure" is that I bring the spirit of the book to the Spirit of God and see if it is aligned.

Again, according to your limited human experience and understanding. Hardly a reliable medium of measurement. And I would say the same of most human beings alive on Earth.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I do not think conviction would come through my own judgement.

For example: I judged the book Law of One to be a good work and that was when I first started reading mystical writings. I was excited and I sort of felt empowered by the knowledge I was gaining.

The I spent about an hour or two in meditation one day and I say the fruits of the book shone to me and they were not good. I had an evil thirst, or desire growing in me for this knowledge of magic and mystery.

What I thought was the light was actually the darkness masquerading as the light.

And I saw that the true light is that veiled by darkness, it is that which is less appealing than the flowery path of false light and poisonous drink. "The brightest whiteness seems grimy" - Lao Tzu

I had to divest myself of that knowledge and cling to Jesus Who is always at my side to comfort and cleanse me.

Tomorrow I will write a thread with a parable that I would like you to read.

Hope you do, peace
edit on 103131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I do not do any of those things because I think it draws me away from what is important and makes me think about myself to much. The real goal is to forget myself, divest myself of everything that restricts my spirit, and open myself to the Holy Spirit of God as every holy man explains to do.Try it some time

You said you look at ancient chinese wisdomers , when in deep somnobulist sleep and remember it? NOT POSSIBLE. So, what could draw you away from rational thought form? Irrational thoughts. Meditation is the method to forget/forgive the EGOsentric; divest of oneself of 'evering' the restricting of your spirit (spirit is not something you can restrict-its eternal and you have no control over it). If I were to open myself to the Holy Spirit of God as a holy man explains it I WOULD BE EXPLAINING MYSELF TO MYSELF (and I do know who I am). I dont need to try it Im in the process of inventing it, will I succeed? Only the majick 8 ball knows. Give up some quotes of LTZ that resonate with you as in: SHARE THE WISDOM
edit on 13-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

"divest of oneself of 'evering' the restricting of your spirit (spirit is not something you can restrict-its eternal and you have no control over it)."

Are those two things not the opposites of each other?

The Holy Spirit cannot be restricted or defiled, but the spirit of a man can. The spirit of a man can be hidden from Grace, defiled, and asphyxiated to its own detriment.

That is what Hell is, when your soul is deprived of peace, covered with scum of the world and its desires, and curses the creator who created it. When the soul is so defiled that it refuses repentance in the face of God, it is chained up in Hell and curses God's name.

"If I were to open myself to the Holy Spirit of God as a holy man explains it I WOULD BE EXPLAINING MYSELF TO MYSELF (and I do know who I am)."

Lao Tzu says that the beginning of understanding is accepting that I do not understand.

" I dont need to try it Im in the process of inventing it, will I succeed? Only the majick 8 ball knows."

I don't know what you mean by inventing anything... Your will with the help of God can overcome anything so destroy your magic 8 ball, it is superstition and foolishness. It can only restrict you as an idol.

"Give up some quotes of LTZ that resonate with you as in: SHARE THE WISDOM."

Have I not been sharing whatever it is I have since I joined this site?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Lao Tzu, you are finally here and needed.
edit on 13-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

LOL wut

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join