It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more Allah Hu Akbar.. Go on ********

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
With how things are evolving in the Middle East, its seems we were never so close for an all out war in the that area, probably a war that will involve the West and Asia too.

My thoughts…I’m reliefed…I’m eargerly awaiting these religious fanatics to slaughter each other because I cant take it no longer!!!
ALLAH HU AKBAR .. ALLAH HU AKBAR ..ALLAH HU AKBAR ..ALLAH HU AKBAR ..ALLAH HU AKBAR ..they never say ALLAH MAY NOT EXIST

I know I’m ranting..

But I want you to understand how I feel..
I’m an Atheist and I believe that we as a Planet must unite and set our priorities on space exploration..not local mass murdering and wars between us
I am convinced that if we as a planet unite together we can reach our neighbouring stars in 4 years or so..AND I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS IN MY LIFETIME!!!!

So please you religious fanatics…go on…start this epic war..after which …I hope they realize no Mohammad..no Jesus…no imaginary god exist and they have been waisting all this precious time for nothing..and they finally understand that since we were put on this rock..our main purpose shoud have been how can we get out of here.

edit on 7-5-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
IM READY TO FIGHT FOR FREEDOM

FREEDOM FROM RELIGION

+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The worst part of your thread is that you assume that it's the "religious fanatics" who are to blame for the middle eastern mess...

In reality the ones to blame is the US and it's ever imperialist nature and then it's little brother Israel who continue to wave their apartheid flag and warfilled rethoric.

But as a fellow atheist I 100% agree with you on how we should be spending our resources and money.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
That pic reminds me of my temper when i hear of all of the senseless killing going on over there. By the way wtf are they fighting for now some he said she said bs or a strip of land i have no idea.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Hmm... what bothers me about this thread.. I think its the way it espouses science, but doesn't really embrace it.

You wanna know a hard truth? I'll tell you one: The guy who blows himself up because somebody told him he'd get 72 virgins if he did? You know that guy? He had probably had access to science, to all the rest. His beliefs were a product of his cognitive abilities - which is to say he's dumb. Which is to say if you removed religion he would still be dumb. He would not be contributing to speed of light travel to get us to that star 5 light years away if he weren't reading the Koran.

So seriously, if you want to espouse science, come up with a way to cure that guy's dumbness. Seriously. Removing a religious narrative shared by dumbasses isn't going to get rid of dumbasses.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

religion is keeping us from getting our wings

and this war

will set us free

I just hope..things keep escalating

I now dream about it

I dream of humans that after all that suffering this war brought..they will unite...and they will thrive..they will get their wings and evolve into an interplanetary species

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think it's a mistake to think it's about religion. It's about ignorance and hate for it's own sake. Some have been fighting so long, they don't even remember or care what started it all or why it's being done anymore. It's just 'the way things are' and 'just what we do', in those places.

One of the greatest and most vicious fights TPTB love to pretend doesn't even exist in this whole thing, isn't even between religions ...but between sides of the same religion. The fanatic obsession among a sect of the Sunni branch to kill every last Shia to the final woman and child, across the world. That's not Religion. It's sickness using Religion as a justification to continue it. Just my humble opinion.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

but i seriously think that religion is behind all this..

imagine if Giordano Bruno was not burnt to death in the 1600 how far we have now gone in astronomy..and this is just a small example..

keep in mind that...Life elsewhere in the Universe is the smoking gun that no Jesus..no Mohammed..no religion leader who claim to be son of God exists

why?

how do you explain the Jesus story in a universe with trillions of trillions of panets like Earth?, did jesus chose Earth from all these planets?..did he crusified himself on all planets in all forms?..or Jesus was only an Earth Story 2000 years old full of xit?

u tell me

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

freedom from religion needs no fighting. It's a choice.

we can reach our neighbouring stars in 4 years or so..AND I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS IN MY LIFETIME!!!!

You are being way optimistic here. I would also like to see the day...but I doubt I will...

Anyway...You must understand...not all people are ready to live without religion, and currently, even though I'm against organized religion, I see it is necessary.

Not everybody is ready to be free...many wouldn't know what to do if they are not being told what to do or be governed by others. Mainly as a species...we are not yet ready to be truly free...that is why we have political and religious systems in place.

When the need for them is gone...they will dissolve on their own...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You're not explaining how religion would fuel the fighting and will to fight at the individual level of those who do it. That does nothing to say why a man in Syria or Iraq is willing to cut the head off another man, screaming pleas for his life, and then do it again with someone else.

What you're saying there explains your own dislike for religion and makes a statement about your thinking....but it just doesn't touch on the deep motivations that fuel decade after decade and century upon century of fighting. Why were the Hatfields and McCoy's fighting across generation lines? Could they even tell anyone for certain by the end of it? That's a small example ...but the examples exist all over the world and through history.

Here is another ....What religion played a part in the near genocide of the Native Americans in 'Manifest Destiny'? Careful before answering that now...as the face of those who killed them and hunted them, damn near to a person, was made up of a variety of Faiths and beliefs. No single one led the charge. Just the religion of intolerance, ignorance and hate. (Oh..and arrogance SO supreme overall, not even the resulting Continent could fully contain it)
edit on 7-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

"You are being way optimistic here. I would also like to see the day...but I doubt I will... "

Please be advised that I'm not being too optimistic here...

If we as a planet unite and have 1 common objective there is nothing we can't achieve...

nuclear fusion spaceship or solar sail spaceship will take us to other stars in 10-15 yrs time..and this is a technology we can already achieve...the problem is there are no funds for it..all the funds go to the war machine

other technologies still unknown to us can achieve the 4 yrs time range..or even less!!

but again..with all the funds united and concentrated on space exploration...who knows what we can achieve

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

If we as a planet unite and have 1 common objective there is nothing we can't achieve...

there...you said it all. Taking into account human species and all it's flaws...do you see that happening ? In a near future...Planet united ??? 1 common objective???

haha...watch it man...pretty soon you will be called a dirty commie
Some people get goosebumps just seeing the term "common good", let alone working towards it.

Anyway...your plan for traveling the stars has only one option...and that's "not financially feasible..."

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The problem is not with religion, it is with false religion. While Islam, Talmudic Judaism, and Catholicism/Protestantism is leading the world to war, the true followers of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, are remaining in peace.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
The problem is not with religion, it is with false religion. While Islam, Talmudic Judaism, and Catholicism/Protestantism is leading the world to war, the true followers of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, are remaining in peace.

That is what I agree entirely with. There are over 1 billion followers of Islam. Another 1 billion + followers of the Christian faiths. If those two groups fought with religion as the core? Nothing in the history of our world gives comparison to what we'd know as a daily reality, while nearly 2.5 billion people fought to the death of the other.

It's but a small % of each of them who cling to hate over Faith. Intolerance over allowance. If it were any other way, none of us would know peace, anywhere on the planet, given the raw numbers alone, IMO.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue

Hmm... what bothers me about this thread.. I think its the way it espouses science, but doesn't really embrace it.

You wanna know a hard truth? I'll tell you one: The guy who blows himself up because somebody told him he'd get 72 virgins if he did? You know that guy? He had probably had access to science, to all the rest. His beliefs were a product of his cognitive abilities - which is to say he's dumb. Which is to say if you removed religion he would still be dumb. He would not be contributing to speed of light travel to get us to that star 5 light years away if he weren't reading the Koran.

So seriously, if you want to espouse science, come up with a way to cure that guy's dumbness. Seriously. Removing a religious narrative shared by dumbasses isn't going to get rid of dumbasses.

Actually his beliefs are a mostly a product of his indoctrination, his upbringing, nurturing, environment.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The whole mess STARTED with religion filled Political move, but now its just Politically motivated greed. However, most religious are pro-war, ex. 9/11, wiping of Afghanistan... Iraq was more of a greed move.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

there...you said it all. Taking into account human species and all it's flaws...do you see that happening ? In a near future...Planet united ??? 1 common objective???

haha...watch it man...pretty soon you will be called a dirty commie
Some people get goosebumps just seeing the term "common good", let alone working towards it.

Anyway...your plan for traveling the stars has only one option...and that's "not financially feasible..."

I'm afraid you may be correct on this one...

but I think you agree that a world without religion can only be more united than it is now

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well if you didn't have religion you would be screaming, "Science be praised!".

That is all.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Well if you didn't have religion you would be screaming, "Science be praised!".

That is all.

and whats wrong with that?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I would agree with you on the idea...I'm just not sure if the time has come for it. We are still like little children...fighting over our toys.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join