It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother upset that teen who raped grandson returns to class

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

The teenaged rapist, and mentally disabled or not that is what he is- a rapist, should not be allowed to attend the same school as his victim. I live in Texas and if it were not an actual rape but some other sort of sexual contact the charge would have been phrased differently.

If a child makes what is classified as a "terroristic threat" they are barred from public school period, even if they took no action to harm anyone and nothing happened other than a threat- and most times jail time (juvenile detention) and probation are involved. It seems wrong that a teen who raped a 4 year old not once but twice should be treated with kid gloves in this instance. The perpetrator's mental status should not give him the right to re-enter the same school where he committed his crimes and will be around small children every day.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I still want to know what gives....

The victim is too young to be in Elementary School, and the rapist is too old to be there, both by two years. Why were either of these kids there?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Absurd, juvenile sex offenders should be in juvenile detention until age 18, and if they reoffend then they should do 20 years. After that. Execute them.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

In Texas a child may enter Pre-K if he/she is 4 years old before Sept. 1st of the current school year, and the 13 year old would have been attending classes for the mentally disabled which are usually on elementary school campuses- that's how they both ended up attending the same school.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

if that kid went to my high school he would have been beaten everyday till either himself or his parents pulled him out, and not just by me, after i got in trouble, the next guy on the next day would have beat him, and this would continue until either everyone else was suspended or expelled or the rapist removed himself from getting beaten everyday. the kid may be big, but 2 or 3 smaller guys with some wits and a couple pillow cases can take down a giant. not to mention he would constantly have verbal abuse everywhere he went, not to mention his poor mother that worked there would also feel the effects, she would have pranks done to here, her car would be vandalized, and she would be showed no kind of respect until she removed her son, it may sound harsh, but sometimes you gotta do the wrong thing to ensure the right thing is done.

and mind you this would be a mind set amongst kids, as a adult i probably would just get a petition going, and write some letters to school officials and city leaders

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have often pondered the 'nature vs nurture' theory ... but have to wonder are some

people just born evil?

Having had children, I find it very hard to believe that, but some instances of the brutality

that has been committed by 'very young children' against other children is frankly mind

boggling!!!

Two cases here in the UK come to mind

# In 1968 a 10 year old girl named Mary Bell was convicted of strangling and

mutilating two boys,

# In 1993 two 11 year old boys abducted, tortured, did unspeakable things to

and murdered a 2 year old boy. They were convicted for their crime and went to a

juvenile institution where they had many privileges that were unavailable to many

children who lived a decent life! They are out now with NEW IDENTIES at a vast

cost to the taxpayer, and protected by the system!

link ... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

In Texas a child may enter Pre-K if he/she is 4 years old before Sept. 1st of the current school year, and the 13 year old would have been attending classes for the mentally disabled which are usually on elementary school campuses- that's how they both ended up attending the same school.

Thanks. There is a REASON we segregate these age groups. Putting them on the same grounds is a recipe for disaster, and mentally disabled students with violence added to the mix is just pouring gas on the fire. The parents or grandma should really sue the pants off the school board.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Was the rapists mother not a teacher at the school and that's why he was there? Maybe i'm reading it wrong

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i dont think kids need to be segregated, they just need to be watched, my kid goes to a preschool through 8th,

and i went to a 7th through 12th, and everything was fine and is fine. I think this is just an incident were and evil person did an evil deed, and would have done it no matter what school they went to.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Absurd, juvenile sex offenders should be in juvenile detention until age 18, and if they reoffend then they should do 20 years. After that. Execute them.

Why waste 20 years of hard earned tax payers money...just cut to the quick and save another child the horror of being preyed upon.
How the hell they let him even near the school amazes me.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

thank you for your reply and for bringing up a vaild point,just because bad things happend does not mean you will pass them on but in some cases it is a vaild point but thank you for bringing it up in a way that makes better sense then i am usualy capible up and thank you for sharing about your past and am glad you have delt with it so well again thank you for your reply and sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread as i had computer issues

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

just from a liability point(not even taking morals into it) i just cant see why they would allow the student back but it seems that federal law might be the one keeping him in the school but like i had said before i had assumed that if you were convicted of a crime like this you were not allowed to even be near other children,parks churches etc so this is completely blowing my mind it just seems like a recipe for disaster and it seem like they are truely trying to defend the attacker vs defending the victim thank you again for your thoughtful reply

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

hit the nail on the head with that one! if this kid had brought a weapon he would be gone but they let a convicted rapist come back to the school i mean its not like the trial didnt happen and he was found not guilty he pled guilty and they still let him back.i would assume as this spreads more and more and more parents become aware of the situaion that the school might then kick the kid out,but as another member posted the problem will then be what other school they try to go to(i think home-school or boarding school begin the best option) as its not fair to the potental victims of this monster to let him stay around their kids thank you for your reply wrabbit

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

thank you for your reply! as childhood development is not one of the areas of expertise i was unsure when the standard age for holding kids accountable for their actions is but i would agree most people have at least the basics down by 13 and i feel something is off with this child in a bad way and that by protecting the attacker more then the victim sets a horrible precedent.

and on the fact that this person could attack again i agree fully that they should not have the freedom to attend a school around other potential victims

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

from reading the article ( it was kind of confusing) i think the mother of the 4 year old worked at the school (not the rapists parents but i could have it backwards)and as it happened during summer i would have assumed that the child went to work with mom or was there for some kind of summer program and was left to her own devices in the gym and ran across the 13 year old for what ever reasons and he chose to attack the 4 year old twice

but i could be way off on this as with no names used it was kind of hard to figure out which parent(either the victims or the attackers) was the one working at the school thank you for your reply

and edit to add i dont think the death penalty would solve any thing in this case as if they end up killing him instead of doing research into why this happens and what triggers it and how we can stop it,locked up for life sure but death penalties for 13 year olds(even rapists) is as you said a very slippery slope....plus the potential for disabilities of the individual complicates the death penalty matter.
edit on 7-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

i do not think it is texas law that is preventing the student from being kicked out to an alternative school,but federal law designed to protect kids with disabilities.now i am for accommodating those with disabilities for educational purposes but to have the law basically protect a rapist makes me quite mad

i was surprised he only got probation and not jail time as i was pretty sure any form of rape ended up in jail time even statutory

thank you for your reply and info on how charges work in texas as i was not aware of different levels of charges for this kind of thing

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

happened during summer and i am unsure as to why either of them were at the school at that time the article was quite vague i could not even find the original news story for the case when it happened but you bring up a very good question that i at this time do not have an answer for.

thank you for your reply and bringing up a very good point

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Brandon School in Barre, MA is where they should ship him...
Horrible story....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Well that's just such a liberated attitude Pinke, Let's hope it never happens to one of your children so you won't know the the permanent damage it does to the victim. Let it suffice to say your perspective would change. So just shut up, your opinion is just so much verbal garbage.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by Gazrok

happened during summer and i am unsure as to why either of them were at the school at that time the article was quite vague

Some school districts in Texas offer a year-round school program. The kids go to school all year but get a two week break at the end of each six to nine week period. We had it in our district for several years but it was stopped due to lack of enrollment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join