It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother upset that teen who raped grandson returns to class

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Grandmother upset that teen who raped grandson returns to class

www.khou.com

HOUSTON -- A grandmother is upset after her grandson's rapist is allowed to return to school. She says her grandchild was only four years old when he was attacked at school by a 13-year-old student.

Diana Hamm said her 4-year-old grandson was raped twice by a 13-year-old boy on the Clear Creek ISD elementary school campus.

The teenager was on campus because his mom is a teacher there.

He's a big guy. He is almost 200-pounds,” said Diana Hamm. “It was quite brutal. We certainly would have never seen it coming.”

The sexual assault was captured by the school’s surveillance camera
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
edit on 7-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
two years of probation for raping a 4 year old.twice once on camera no less....this is absolute madness. Add that to the fact that they let him come back to the school where the incident occurred seems like a huge travesty of justice and i cant even guess as to what the authorities are thinking in allowing this.

i would assume after this news story they will figure out who the child is by the description given(how many 200 pound 13/14 year olds can be at one school with parents on staff) and idealy get the child either removed and placed in a alternative school or a facility that can deal with the problems this young man seems to suffer from so that the kids at the school dont have to bump shoulders with this monster in the hallways,and i would hope that he gets put on a federal sex offender registry for life minor or not

www.khou.com

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
wow I dont know what to say ..2 years probation and gets to go back to school with other kids???

The parents of every kid in that school should pull their kids out and not let them go back untill they reverse the decision..

I mean I though sexual predators were not allowed any where near a school why should this be different?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

two years of probation for raping a 4 year old.twice once on camera no less.

I had to stop reading there.
There is NO justice anymore. NONE!
And to have the attacker - the 200 pounder - return to the school?
Naw, I can't deal with this so early in the morning - I choose to walk away instead of getting as pissed as I could.
I hope the 4yr old (now grown) child finds the best in the world at his doorstep ever day of his life.

peace

edit on 7-5-2013 by silo13 because: type error

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure that moving this child around without telling people is going to change this story much at all. The child could be moved to a different school but then we would just be reading a thread about 'rapist child is moved to another school' complete with the usual comments about what caliber bullet would fit best within the child's skull.

The problem with putting this type of person on a list of offenders and notifying parents is that parents will simply pull their child from the school. No school would accept such a child if they had a choice, and no parent would let their children attend a school if they had money to do anything different. (I'd home school if I thought there was any danger.) Also the safety of such a child would be hard to guarantee.

This thread will bring up the usual issues ... what is a sex offense? How bad does it have to be? Does it matter if they can be 'cured'? Do they deserve a second chance? Fact of the matter is though that most of the issues are do with revenge and not to do with rehab; America's current prison system isn't (meant to be) about revenge, it's (meant to be) about rehab mostly.

I suspect even if persons were guaranteed 100% that this child would rehab and become totally awsum there would still be those that would try their hardest to make it impossible. Perhaps death might be a gift over what may likely happen to this child.

(And no, I am not defending the child's actions - even if they weren't quite as severe as described they are still probably hideous.)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

from what the schools response was i think the 13 year old boy has disabilities which some how gets him out of the registry i think too or at least governs how this all happened

In the Clear Creek Independent School District, our top priority is to provide students a safe and effective learning environment every day. We, as individuals and as a school district, share in the concern for the safety of all children. While we cannot discuss details surrounding this case as it involves two children, it is important to clarify the district’s procedures and policies. It is also important to inform the public that this particular incident did not occur during the school calendar year or during school sponsored activities. “Minors convicted of a sexual offense are placed in an Alternative Education Placement environment consistent with the Texas Education Code. This facility is separate from a campus and is located in a different location. By law and by practice, CCISD can provide general education services to those minors convicted of certain serious offenses until graduation. “The only exception to this practice is governed by Federal law. This exception is in reference to students with disabilities, and applies in cases where his/her disabilities have been determined to play a role in their actions. Federal law prohibits school districts from placing students with disabilities in an Alternative Education Placement for more than 45 days. Following the 45 days, the student is then placed on his or her regular campus and other measures are taken to ensure that the student receives appropriate special education services and is adequately supervised in accordance with any applicable court orders.

from my original source so it seems laws designed to help and protect those with disabilities is what is evidently keeping the kid in school,what i dont get is how he gets around the prohibition about being around kids and whatnot that effects most sex offenders i would hope that now that this news story is breaking and going public that the parents will unite to get the animal out of their school as im pretty sure once most parents find out about this there will be outrage and it will get ugly quickly.

as to your comment on taking the kids out of school i guess they could try that but i guess the school could fire back with truancy charges but im sure if the parents argued that they didnt want their kid in a school with a sex offender the judge might understand. thank you for your reply!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

two years of probation for raping a 4 year old.twice once on camera no less....this is absolute madness. Add that to the fact that they let him come back to the school where the incident occurred seems like a huge travesty of justice and i cant even guess as to what the authorities are thinking in allowing this.

i would assume after this news story they will figure out who the child is by the description given(how many 200 pound 13/14 year olds can be at one school with parents on staff) and idealy get the child either removed and placed in a alternative school or a facility that can deal with the problems this young man seems to suffer from so that the kids at the school dont have to bump shoulders with this monster in the hallways,and i would hope that he gets put on a federal sex offender registry for life minor or not

www.khou.com

Yeah, agreed. As messed up as this situation is, 2 years of probation is a messed up sentence. Was there any restraining order? Apparently not...

The laws for minors need to change as well in my opinion, which is why I think this 13 year old was protected. I am seeing kids less than 10 years old on youtube talk with the most foul and disrespectful language you would think they are mentally capable of being tried and punished like an adult.

Sad, sad world =(

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I don't understand why this psycho boy hasn't been locked up in a youthful offender jail until he's at least an adult.Probly just a sign of what to expect from the lil animal.The parents should sue the school and the attackers mother if you ask me and start a petition to lock up the junior rapist.
edit on 7-5-2013 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

thank you for your reply!

i think the child who was the victim is either 4 or 5 now and is in counseling so at least the child is getting help and her parents/guardians are on the ball

on the 200 pound issue i think that points to more issues for the rapist(he pled guilty to two counts of rape)as most 13 year olds i know dont weigh that hell im 28 and i dont exercise and eat horribly and i still only weigh 165,so i think that points to huge problems at home not to mention the fact that to be doing these kinds of things that abuse may be part of the rapists background(not that it excuses it just might shed more light on it)

and apologies if i dampened your morning and again thank you for your reply

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Sick.

Where is the "real" justice ?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Suppose I am a bit confused about how this works buuuuuut ...

This isn't from the same schooling area is it? Is a bit of a worrying connection if it is.

For those that don't want to roll the video there was a gym teacher from Clear Creek ISD that commit suicide after allegations of sex offenses.

I rather hope it isn't the case? Very upsetting if this is connected somehow though.

Edit: Just as far as research got:

CCISD.net

So could have been a lot of other schools.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Pinke because: edit

edit on 7-5-2013 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well i think that the identity of the young rapist should be made public nationally,so that where-ever he goes to school-everyone will know to keep an eye on him.Why not? If you want to do cruel things like this-you will then know that you will be shamed nationally.Maybe many who were entertaining such sick disgusting,cruel,outrageously selfish acts,will think twice about acting out their twisted ideas.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

thank you for your reply
i think that is why they wanted to send him to an alternative school(ie like a school for troubled youth not just a different school) and dont see why he could not be sent to one of those "rehabilitation" boarding schools that may be out side of the usa as that would at least limit his ability to rape any more 4 year olds....

as for your last comment what is not sever about raping a 4 year old twice.....i mean that ranks pretty high up in my scale of seriousness of sexual offense(with the converse being the person caught peeing in public is what i would consider a non serious sexual offense) although i may have interpreted your comment wrongly and if so i apologize

while i agree that in most cases revenge does not solve anything ,on the chances well the guy has already raped a 4 year old twice and pleaded guilty to it in court so it would seem logical to keep this overly large teen away from other potential victims

im mostly surprised by the fact that the school is not doing anything about it as i would imagine that it exposes them to great liability if he were to re offend again and potentially rape another child at the school

i also think that he will be prohibited from going to normal high schools as texas has a juvenile offender sex registry that starts at 14 so i would imagine he would get his name and address published on the state registry website

as far as them having to be on the list for life or potential for rehabilitation i feel that once one has committed a crime such as rape/molestation(especially at such and early age) that they have given up their rights to be in society and for lack of a better term are broken and that their only purpose from that point on is to advance medical knowledge on to what made them do the things they did so we can stop it from happening some day,other then that if they are guilty and proven as such chip them,lock them up and throw away the key and only let doctors see them so that they can be studied(read studied not like forcibly experimented on)

completely agree on prison system being corrupt and mostly broken though again thank you for your reply

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Well i think that the identity of the young rapist should be made public nationally,so that where-ever he goes to school-everyone will know to keep an eye on him.Why not?

Because it would be one more step towards this:

If a person is that far gone and the risk of releasing them is that great then I would just rather not release them into society than make it everyone's problem.

We shouldn't have to be waking up every morning checking the sex offender register before going to work! (That and can you imagine a person being exonerated but people forget to check?)
edit on 7-5-2013 by Pinke because: exonerated

Yes, you did read that wrong. I didn't say rape was not severe at all.

But without knowing the full details of an incident I cannot say how severe it was or wasn't or what circumstances it happened under. For example, a mentally challenged person who mistakes something for a game might be different to a person that did something knowingly and maliciously under full capacity.

I'm not saying that happened. I have no idea, I didn't see the footage and I don't want to. Details of things like this upset me. The victim and the offender shouldn't be anywhere near each other ... I absolutely agree with that!

I think the offender was 13? So not 14 ... and I don't mind the medical research response. It is a lot better than it becoming a circus or some form of public savage punishment.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Pinke because: fix link

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

thank you for your reply and your good question!

on the protective issue i would assume that the 13 year old is supposed to stay away from the four year old and hopefully they dont cross paths regularly but i am unsure if they do offical restraining orders at their age(could be way wrong but its a great point your bring up)

on the minors issue on the law i am in almost in complete agreement but with the following caveat that the laws need to change to protect the innocent children better and give them more rights and punish the ones that commit these level of crimes (sexual assault murder molestation etc) and limit the perpetrators rights to privacy(only when convicted in a court of law no lynch mobs mind you) again thank you for your reply and adding to the discussion

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

thank you for your reply,and that issue you bring up is why i felt the need to post this as i had no idea this kind of thing was even possible. i dont think they can sue the school as it did not happen during like normal hours(dont think im describing it correctly) but im sure if the parents make a stink and pull the kids out like some other members have stated that it will financially impact the school as they get funding for each kid in a chair so you start taking them out of school you can make an impact.

schools rarely do well with bad press so i feel that is the best avenue for fixing this situation

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

ah your link is not working for me but i am having connection issues at the moment so it could just be me,but you have me intrigued as to if this could relate to my news article and situation.

if i have it correctly it just mentions the school district not the specific school that the incident happened but with out being able to check your link to compare what little we know from my op but if they are connected it definitely is something worth looking into thank you for your reply and adding to the thread

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Everyone involved in that older boy's life should be investigated. Behaviour like that is not picked up through "curiosity" or the like. My money is on the older boy getting raped by someone himself, and he transferred his anger by doing it to someone else.

Seriously, the buck shouldn't stop where it has. They need to find out who taught him that kind of behaviour. Aaand, yea, doesn't seem like he should be attending the same school.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

thank you for your reply
ah im definitely having issues with connectivity as i could nto view your video but i will try to check it out tomorrow.

as far as this persons guilt it is with out question he pled guilty in a court of law and was convicted and sentenced so no issue of possible innocence with this case(they had it on video)

and as he was not ruled unfit to go to trial i would assume that his disabilities did not play a factor in his sentencing
on to the age issue i believe he was 13 when the incident happened from what i gathered about a year ago hence the 14 year old comment as i think that is how old he is now but sorry for any confusion my post may have caused you.

i do applaud you for not wanting punitive lynch mob style justice as i to agree that that rarely solves anything and i am very glad that so far (at the time of this post) that not one member has brought up "bubba" paying the kid a visit or wishing rape on the perpetrator(raping some one who rapped does not stop rape it just encourages it further more) and also applaud you for bringing up the fact that if they are to put them on a list it should only happen after they have been convicted and thoroughly proven guilty

thank you for your reply and for trying to see it in a slightly different light

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Ugh, I wasn't going to come back to this thread and here I am. I have to address this issue.

But without knowing the full details of an incident I cannot say how severe it was or wasn't or what circumstances it happened under.

What more do you need to know than the victim was 4 at the time?

What more do you need to know than a little 4 year old baby was raped twice?

Are you so lacking in your understanding of basic anatomy to comprehend the implications of a 13 year old raping a 4 year old?

For example, a mentally challenged person who mistakes something for a game might be different to a person that did something knowingly and maliciously under full capacity.

It's the 4 year old that got raped!

Why are you focusing on how the criminal abuser may or may not have perceived the rape?

Do you somehow mistakenly believe if it was an 'all game' scenario for the abuser it would somehow magically make the rape less traumatic physically, mentally and emotionally for the 4 year old baby boy? ANd not once but twice?

peace
edit on 7-5-2013 by silo13 because: remove bold

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join