It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many people believe people from other planets are Demons?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by TrueBrit

I believe science and evolution through intelligent design

I can provide you with so many errors in anatomical design in human species, as well as other species, that completely nullify intelligent design...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
You have to look at the phenomenon as a whole over many years to understand why demons are the best explanation. Jacque Vallee is a good source for this, since he's studied hundreds of cases. He notes that so called alien interaction with humans appears identical to demon possession and demonization, even going back to Medieval texts.

Moreover the testimony of the aliens themselves bear scrutiny. They appear to have an obsession with Jesus Christ. They are always trying to discredit his ministry, often claiming that he was just a space brother or that they 'created' him somehow.

The final nail in the coffin for me is that fact that alien abductions can be disrupted and halted by calling on the name of Jesus.
www.alienresistance.org...

As for the Bible being a fairy tale, I suggest otherwise. The nation of Israel and the Jews are living proof that the Bible and it's prophecies are accurate. Israel was predicted to be reborn, a second time, in the last days, and it was.

As as far as the people claiming to have had contact with "aliens", not only do these aliens seem to have a serious problem with Christianity and only Christianity as you point out but their abilities and motives also parallels directly with that of angels especially. When comparing angels to "aliens" we see that they both can:

Change Human Perception

Alter Time Perception

Supernatural Powers

Implant Visions

Interest in Reproduction

Beams of Light

Abduction of Humans

Creation of Hybrids

Appear and Disappear

Seeking Worship

As far as both angels and "aliens" emanating beams of light. I'll leave you with a scripture from the Bible to show you that what is being sold to you as E.T's from some other planet is nothing more than a spin off of old concepts in religious text, especially the Bible and extra Biblical text like the Book of Enoch.

Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people. Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. - Acts: 12

Now compare this scripture to this poster for the movie called "The Fourth Kind" and you will see that these "aliens" and angels are exactly the same.

I wouldn't get caught up in the term "alien" either. The word just means something that's not indigenous to our location, and in the case of angels and the God of the Bible, they are in fact "alien" as they are beyond our realm of existence. They are of supernatural/celestial origin. The term extraterrestrial however has an entirely different meaning. In this case we're talking about something that is in fact indigenous to our realm of existence but not of this world, but of some other place in space.

Evidence for a Spiritual Interpretation of Alien Contact:

edit on 11-5-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

The fourth kind sucked.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Meh, I can't remember where I heard that one, probably a phony documentary or maybe it was talking about traveling at a slower(yet fast) speed then light.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"If they need ships to get around, they are not demons or angels."

How do you know that they "need" ships to get around? What if the story they want you to believe
is that they need ships to get around? During the middle ages, instead of space ships, galleons would appear
floating in the air.
That there is even a discussion, shows that they have largely succeeded in creating a belief system.

My take is that disclosure hasn't come because if it did shortly humans would be figuring
out who they really were.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Because people that follow the christian faith are told anything out of our planet are demons especially aliens.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by BlackManINC

The fourth kind sucked.

I kind of agree, it wasn't really worth seeing in the theatre that's for sure, just showing you that what was once called Astral "travel", kundalini, ascended masters, angelic guides, goblins, fairies, the boogy monster, jinns, Virgin Mary apparitions, are all the exact same thing simply re-packaged today for the modern secular world as the "alien" ufo and "abduction" phenomenon. When the Bible says that there is nothing new under sun, it really means what it says. There is no 'theory', 'hypothesis', "scientific" or otherwise that is really new, its the same sh!t different day. And this is what I find laughable about today's so called "enlightened" society, the fact that they think they really are "enlightened".

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nalanda93
Because people that follow the christian faith are told anything out of our planet are demons especially aliens.

No, actually that isn't true at all, the Bible tells us that if anything or anyone, no matter who they claim to be, rather it claims to be an "alien" from zeta reticuli, an angel or anything else, comes preaching another gospel with the intent to undermine the word of God, like your little alien space brothers do in all abduction accounts, then let them be accursed as they of the Devil. This has nothing to do with the possibility of life in space. That really does not concern me at all when it comes down to it as well as most Christians don't even discuss this issue. This has everything to do with this phenomena of alleged "E.T" contact and the messages they preach. You would think that if they were genuine E.T's that they would tell their victims something useful, you know, like a cure for cancer, the science of space travel or how the hell they got here in the first place, if they are who they claim to be. Instead, they come all the way here just to slam the Bible and preach another religious message. This is why some atheists believe that this alien abduction phenomena is mostly a religious issue.
edit on 12-5-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Coltephilos

Post as you will, you don't need me to tell you when to post .

Im pretty sure you will bring up a good idea but we have to think about man and its role on the environment and in what we eat that makes a human and animal to have defects.

I will listen and in no way mock your idea and who better to ask than someone who believes that these beings are demons but I think this thread was created for the original OP but was used to make fun.

I know I said I wasnt gonna post anymore but you asked me a question and I connot leave you u answered my buddy, sorry I didnt respond in time.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
reply to post by charles1952

"If they need ships to get around, they are not demons or angels."

How do you know that they "need" ships to get around? What if the story they want you to believe
is that they need ships to get around? During the middle ages, instead of space ships, galleons would appear
floating in the air.
That there is even a discussion, shows that they have largely succeeded in creating a belief system.

My take is that disclosure hasn't come because if it did shortly humans would be figuring
out who they really were.

If a angel falls from heaven and it loses its angelic body it needs to find a way to live and we can look to ancient egypt for this answer with the food of the Gods and are you firmiliar with ormus or what ever its called. They have long lives but not that long enough and so this food keeps them alive because of this fall.

Why do aliens come for gold in th first place because its the main ingredient in this food.

This is why they could not tell if it was Jesus because his body is glowing but these angels have to use this food to them back to this realm.

edit on 12-5-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What is overlooked in this topic is that it isn't just the power of Jesus which is reported to intervene in 'abduction' and other night terror phenomenon, but also people of other faiths and beliefs have reported using their own deities and powers to protect themselves as well. To me, this would suggest that it is the archetype the victim is most comfortable with and identifies with that is effective, and protection does not exclusively come from Jesus and/or God. Someone also does not have to be a 'believer' or a person of faith of to call upon whatever archetype for protection, thus non-believers who are culturally familiar with Christianity will report calling on Jesus to stop a sleep-paralysis 'attack'. I wonder when people will acknowledge this instead of perpetually falling into confirmation bias. If what I have stated is correct, it opens up the question of the objective reality of these beings (even the ones we call on for protection, of course) and that whole can of worms that are most unpopular on believer sites such as this one.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvarga390
Would aliens be evil or just be indifferent? Documentaries as well as what the religions have taught could be a reason why we would think an alien civilation is evil. I read some where once there was a law against talking to any extraterestial who might land and want to talk to you.

Because there is nothing universal about 'evil', it's rather a man-made concept and quite subjective also, they would only be as 'evil' or 'good' as you perceive them to be. They might see you as abhorrently evil for the fact our species is so self-destructive and warlike, just as we in the West view a culture that stones women to death as evil. If they come here and see us as delicacies to be harvested for our delicious livers which are rare in the universe, and we can only mewl as we're herded away to the slaughterhouse, will you consider them evil? Will our laughable ideas about what is supposedly universally 'good' and 'evil' matter one ioto when we're about to die on a dinner plate? Doubtful. Amusing that we think our ideas about 'good, 'evil', 'indifferent' are some universal truths for all creatures. We can easily see that doesn't even work here on earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join