It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General George S. Patton Was Assassinated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
General George S. Patton Was Assassinated To Silence His Criticism of Allied War Leaders Claims New Book

But after a decade-long investigation, military historian Robert Wilcox claims that OSS head General "Wild Bill" Donovan ordered a highly decorated marksman called Douglas Bazata to silence Patton, who gloried in the nickname "Old Blood and Guts".

His book, Target Patton, contains interviews with Mr Bazata, who died in 1999, and extracts from his diaries, detailing how he staged the car crash by getting a troop truck to plough into Patton's Cadillac and then shot the general with a low-velocity projectile, which broke his neck while his fellow passengers escaped without a scratch.

lewrockwell.com...

My father was in Patton's Army as a rifleman and ended up being a machine gunner; he was the last guy alive in his squad twice. I never knew of any of this stuff until one of his war buddies was visiting and started talking about dad. My father like most who survived the hell that war was elected to not talk about it and tried to put the whole thing behind him.

I remember watching George C. Scott play Patton in the movie by the same name. Dad's only comment was things look different from the top looking down versus bottom looking up. Well I understood what he meant, agreed and laughed. Dad pretty much said Patton was interested in another star a was a real SOB in some ways. My father thought he was hit by a truck and somehow ran over.....?

Patton was full of ego and thought himself a true warrior; he had a keen military mind that along with his soldiers defeated all enemies on the battle field. If this article and coming book is correct he deserved better than to be assassinated by the very people he.....damn sick IMO

Another thing dear old dad and I agree about; The soldier who can set on a dead horse and eat his meal and then go fight is one of the first who is asked to leave the armed services after a war is over. Then the spit and polish military politicians are presented to the public for display. A little more involved than that but some will understand.

General Patton was injured on December 9, 1945, when the car in which he was a passenger collided with a truck in Germany. He received a spinal cord injury which paralyzed him from the neck down, and he died of a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) on December 21, 1945 is the official story.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I didn't need a book to figure that out. I knew it for years... Military leaders are still being assassinated, but these days, it's an airplane or helicopter crash. Stabbing someone in the forum is just so passe.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I didn't need a book to figure that out. I knew it for years... Military leaders are still being assassinated, but these days, it's an airplane or helicopter crash. Stabbing someone in the forum is just so passe.

You were well ahead of me for it never crossed my mind that he was a victim of assignation. Wonder what else will be exposed in another 60 or 70 years if all the stuff bandied about on ATS (end of the world run for the hills etc etc ) does not get us first? Will be interested in a rebuttal of the book if there is one.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So they figure the Ox Cart had a little help, eh?

I know those things don't just go barreling down streets to squash world famous Commanding Generals by pure happenstance.

I'll be interested to hear more about the book, I'd say. Perhaps even get myself a copy. Thanks!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i hate to do this, but i counted at least six patton assassinated threads on ats.
using just the phrase . Patton Was Assassinated

just a heads up.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Probably so yet this book claims to have the man (by name) who did the deed on record saying it is not a conspiracy theory but an actual event.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

i'll have to go through and find it, so does one of these threads.
i saw it here. it was on the assassins death bed.

i remember posting on it that's why i started a search

edit on 6-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw a show on this once that basically said no way in hell was the collision violent enough to cause Patton to become paralyzed.

A soldier from WW II that was being interviewed for the show went on to say that during the war they could assassinate someone and make it look like a total accident. This soldier stated that the US had guns that could use objects such as lugnuts or other miscellaneous car parts as the "bullets".

He believed this very weapon was used to shoot Patton in the spinal cord while he was still in the vehicle at the accident scene. Not sure how much truth there is to it but it was very interesting.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
her ya go, it's not the one i remember,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

still looking for the one i remember

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
her ya go, it's not the one i remember,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

still looking for the one i remember

Yes that looks like the same report of the diaries with same names included.. Thanks
I was stationed with General Patton's grandson once in the early 70s. If I remember correctly he was in the medical field either a doctor or dentist?

edit on 6-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Patton was a wild card potential candidae for president later....the elite were scared they couldnt control him.....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I have, somewhere on my laptop, a four post thread on this very topic that I never got round to putting on the boards. It's about 3 years old now but was very detailed, using the book, Target Patton as my main resource. I found it fascinating because it was an elaborate assassination years before elaborate assassinations became all the rage.

Glad you brought this up

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Patton was a wild card potential candidae for president later....the elite were scared they couldnt control him.....

He proved easy enough to control when he followed orders to murder American veterans, grinding them up in the treads of his tanks down on Pennsylvania Avenue.

After that he and MacArthur rose straight to the top.

edit on 7-5-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by 727Sky

I have, somewhere on my laptop, a four post thread on this very topic that I never got round to putting on the boards. It's about 3 years old now but was very detailed, using the book, Target Patton as my main resource. I found it fascinating because it was an elaborate assassination years before elaborate assassinations became all the rage.

Glad you brought this up

Many new members and they may not be aware of all the articles/books/threads about new facts or theories regarding Patton's demise...If you can find your info stick it in here instead of letting it sit on your hard drive....if you want to of course... It is ancient history in some people's eyes yet to me it is one more example of someone out living their usefulness and being removed by some TPTB..... if all this is verifiable true, which appears on the surface it is...history repeats and then repeats again?. .

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You should never believe something told by a guy who was told by a guy who is now dead and you can't verify.

End of the conspiracy right there since it can never be proved or disproved.

Easy way to make a buck.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
You should never believe something told by a guy who was told by a guy who is now dead and you can't verify.

End of the conspiracy right there since it can never be proved or disproved.

Easy way to make a buck.

I understand and agree to the point you are making...A rebuttal would then be; all that has been written by historians is therefor just hearsay and should be taken with a grain of salt. Proof means different things to different people. A relative says if you stick your finger in the fire it will hurt and burn...hearsay, until you experience the pain for yourself.

We have believers who have posted, fence sitters and others who say no way! They are all correct in their own perception of reality.For the fence sitters (which I tend to be) it is worth the time and effort to listen to all sides of the argument both pro and con and who knows, we may all learn something.....

There are no glorious wars, only glorious warrors who sacrafice everything for what they believe to be right.
All buried in lands far away.
1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France... A total of 2289
2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium... A total of 5329
3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France... A total of 4410
4. Brookwood, England - American Cemetery... A total of 468
5. Cambridge, England... A total of 3812
6. Epinal, France - American Cemetery... A total of 5525
7. Flanders Field, Belgium... A total of 368
8. Florence, Italy... A total of 4402
9. Henri-Chapelle, Belgium... A total of 7992
10. Lorraine , France... A total of 10,489
11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg... A total of 5076
12. Meuse-Argonne... A total of 14246
13. Netherlands, Netherlands... A total of 8301
14. Normandy, France... A total of 9387
15. Oise-Aisne, France.... A total of 6012
16. Rhone, France... A total of 861
17. Sicily, Italy... A total of 7861
18. Somme, France... A total of 1844
19. St. Mihiel, France.... A total of 4153
20. Suresnes, France... A total of 1541
edit on 7-5-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I guess this is another one of those aurthors that wants to make a Fictional book.

In 1982 when I joined the service I seen the vehicle that George Patton was in when tha accident happened.

Also there is a book that was written in 1974 by H. Essame that disribes tha accident that reflect what the military has on record as well.

On Sunday 9 December Geroge Patton and his cheif of staff set off down to Franfurt-Mannheim road for a days pheasant shooting,. Both were sitting in the back of the car when suddenly and Army truck from the opposite direction turned left in front of them to enter a side road. Both Vehicels swerved to avoid a head-on-collision and struck each other a glancing blow. Patton was thrown forward so violently that his head struck either the back of the front seat or the roof of the car. The vertebrae of the upper spine was crushed resulting in almost immediate paralysis from the neck downwards. Tragically he who dreamed of a soldiers sudden death in last battle lingered on for twevel days.

So I say there was never an assisination but a tragic accident. Patton was robbed of his dream.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just from reading the information in this thread points to his death as caused by the accident. Cars back then didn't have the safety features the current cars have. No seatbelts, no air bags, no bucketed seats, etc., cars were designed with minimal safety for the passengers. His head impacting the roof causing his injuries. IMHO.

Only those that want to make money generating a conspiracy would think otherwise.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Too bad there is no tie in with UFOs cause that would be some story.
Well already done by Bill Lyne in "Pentagon Aliens" so why bother.
There was another famous name perhaps briefly mentioned in the tail
that had German saucer plans on the way to the US.
Russia of course would find saucer workers left behind in the haste in
May 1945 for Operation Paperclip. So we all have Tesla secrets mostly
exhibited by Tesla ships since that was the major development by Tesla
until 1943. Wireless, Weather control and rays may have been done to
some extent but the most sought after device was the flying machine.
Well from Germany at that time were thousands of patents and other
projects as well that have been detailed to such and extent we know
of Nuclear power plants and rockets and jets because the elite want
the masses to feel comfortable with their projects like going to Mars
and never coming back. Such godless brainwashing finds a new supporters
whenever the hidden motives can not be determined.

edit on 5/8/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Patton was vocal in his opposition to the Communists in general and the plan to carve up Europe and share it with them in particular.....it can be argued that his death was the "the first shot of WW III" (and that "shot" was a hard rubber bushing fired with a compressed air device at the base of his neck at close range post car wreck).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join