It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are psychics for real or fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

Let's say 100 witches were burnt at the stake. 95 of them were innocent; they were named by others in a witch hunt. 2 knew some of the old folk medicine, 2 were actively running some kind of scam and 1 was delusional.

If you think for a single minute I believe anyone was ever guilty of practicing sorcery or were in league with Satan, you couldn't be more wrong. I don't believe either one of those things exist.

My programming hasn't stopped me from reading the site you linked at all. No where therein did the doctor (dentist?) mention psychic phenomena. He wrote at length about the use of music in mind control / media manipulation, and I find that subject somewhat interesting, especially with regard to his claims Vis-à-vis A-432 / A-444 tuning and religious indoctrination. On topic: I see no evidence here of genuine psychic phenomena.
edit on 8-5-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I think it's absurd to expect an ethical intuitive to provide services to a client without an equal exchange of some sort, be it payment, barter, etc. If an intuitive chooses to use her life utilizing her gift in order to help others, her time is still worth something, just as anybody else's is.

This idea that being spiritual (in terms of vocation or time spent) means also being poor is outdated and honestly, just plain unfair.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There are most certainly many, many ethical and "real" psychics, or intuitives. Likewise, there are a great number of fakes, or charlatans -- people who know how to act, how to use, how to manipulate, and therefore know how to steal. Being a professional intuitive myself, I run into the latter a great deal and I find them odious. I prefer to hope that God gets it sorted on his own time, and I'm okay with that. I don't make space for liars or thieves in my life.

Having said that, the reality is that we are *all* born psychic. I don't like the term "gifted", I think that's an attempt by someone with common intuitive abilities to market themselves in order to seem "more than". Bollocks. We all have our psychic strengths; we all have our own innate ability to connect with Source, thereby causing materializations and manifestations in our lives and in the lives of others. A "real" intuitive is simply someone who has chosen to tap into this common ability and hone it in order to use it more broadly in her life. The sign of a "real" intuitive is that he or she has a heart for the work, and a real heart for people.

Skeptics have the easier position, in my opinion. Always positing from a perspective of No. To believe is riskier, to say I'll Have An Open Mind is riskier -- so I see why they hold to their stances.

Personally, however, I find that rather boring. Also -- easy.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Brigidshine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Fake fake fake fake....

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Easy, easy, easy, easy...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

I read that 96% of 2-4 year olds have creative ability but when they test 6 year olds only 4% have creativity

How would you define "creativity" in this instance?

My own experience of the world has been that all human beings are creative, and can create, in one way or another. I, personally, don't think "creativity" is quantifiable. To be creative means you are a vessel through which beauty might be recognized. And beauty is subjective.

someone explained the brain to me as doorways to perceptions when you are born all your doorways are open and the more we are conditioned the more doorways close to us so once its closed that perception is lost to you

As for the brain and doorways, I think the brain is just a machine for processing perception. How we're raised can certainly change our opinion about the world, but there are definitely underlying elements to the Universe which remain true and constant, despite our raised-beliefs. Like color, a particular color will always be that color, it cannot be another color, without changing its very nature. Or, the life cycle, all things born, will grow and evolve, age and decay, and then die. It might be short, or very lengthy, but it will undeniably happen.

yes maybe thats the key to all this if you believe then it can happen

There's nothing wrong with being open-minded, but there is something wrong with being naïve and gullible.

Those who believe in everything, will fall for anything.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How could anyone with a sweet name like April be a fakie-faking-faker? Listen to Veronica and learn about the universe!

Veronica Comes Thru In Tramp

Veronica on funsies!

Greetings, Ask anyone what "fun" is and you will get a myriad of answers. It is a personal viewpoint for all. However, let us make it clear that fun is one of the most "fun"damental experiences in the drama of life. Picture life like a kaleidoscope and it is at the core. Look about you with truly open eyes and your will see "fun" everywhere. It exists in abundance in your dimension. The obstacle encountered in its pursuit is allowance. How often do we allow ourselves to partake? Perhaps it is time to eliminate the excuses to take some moments of your time and set them aside. Use them entirely for the allowance of fun. Close your eyes and remember the last instance of whatever is fun for you. Allow yourself to become immersed in its joy. In your daily routine you may have simply forgotten the pleasure. Take the time..... Allow....give yourself permission. You deserve it, but wait. That is yet another issue isn't it? Let us solely put our energy into allowance of fun. You will not regret the decision. Your friend, VERONICA

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by rainychica

How really odd!

I hope this one does not cease to exist.

Well, the experimentation phase is over and I believe I did decalsify my pineal gland, because as I stated previously I had not experienced a deja vu for quite some time, and after four days of performing the exercise, I did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join