It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we go back to the old search function?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have to admit I am a little frustrated.... I have had several threads closed down due to being duplicates because the new search function is not picking them up. My latest one was in the past 10 minutes in regards to Clarence Thomas. I search for this subject matter in a couple of different ways and no recent topics on the subject came up! I even went into the forums where I thought it might be and saw nothing. I know that I am trying to do my due diligence and, yet, it doesn't seem to be good enough.

I know I have seen others having the same problems. I don't like to waste my (or your) time posting threads just to have them shut down. I don't post threads often but when I do, I honestly try to make sure they haven't already been posted.

Very frustrating....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Here ya go

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

I bookmarked this site aswell :p

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I second this, I hate the new search funtion its just awful

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Its terrible, and I hate the fact it feels like i'm leaving ATS to search something from ATS.
*imagine darth vader*The lack of contrast is disturbing ( design wise
)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i third that.
how many pages would it take for them to change it back ?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just carry the link to the old man around in my signature. If I'm searching I try the new one first, then if nothing, I check out the old one.

Both of them have their very good points and not so strong points. The new one is being fine-tuned, from what I've read, and, as I understand it, will improve over time and usage.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A few CSS classes and over half the site wouldnt notice its a different engine. I didnt like the old google search--its no good for a site like this where you cant wait for googlebots to index it.

new topics

top topics

join