It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first plastic gun, made with 3D printer, successfully fired in the United States

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

But the murder rate will go up. Im not talking legit self defence but people getting angry and cause they have a gun on hand useing it in haste.

Oh, so criminals obey laws?
Sorry, but that doesn't compute. Regardless, if someone wants to kill someone else, the act will be carried out with or without a firearm.

Coupled with our drink problem adding guns to the mix would couse havoc.

So, because people there can't control themselves with alcohol use, everyone is punished? Glad I don't live there.

I think the UK mindset is we would rather have slightly lower serious violent crime but in exchange have slightly higher minor crime. Im not going to say if that right or wrong but just the way we prefer things.

Sounds like Peter is robbing Paul to me.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

But the murder rate will go up. Im not talking legit self defence but people getting angry and cause they have a gun on hand useing it in haste.

Oh, so criminals obey laws?
Sorry, but that doesn't compute. Regardless, if someone wants to kill someone else, the act will be carried out with or without a firearm.

Coupled with our drink problem adding guns to the mix would couse havoc.

So, because people there can't control themselves with alcohol use, everyone is punished? Glad I don't live there.

I think the UK mindset is we would rather have slightly lower serious violent crime but in exchange have slightly higher minor crime. Im not going to say if that right or wrong but just the way we prefer things.

Sounds like Peter is robbing Paul to me.

See know your the one judgeing my country.

Thing is our muder rate is 1/4 that of the USA. It has goen down since our gun control law were tightend. So guns seemed to have been contributing to fatalies here.

The UK is a democracy the majority of people choose this. If that opinion does change then fair enough.

My point is neither the USA or UK is right or wrong just diffrent in its culture.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I think I just proved my point, for others, not necessarily to you, about others chiming in on issues outside of their own country.

I agree, different culture, different people.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join