It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

syria fires rockets at israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Per a post on the Syria thread on this page. The poster says its breaking on CNN. I'm at work so I can't confirm.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Did a quick google and this poped up.

Army says errant shells launched during fierce battles between Syrian rebels, Assad forces explode in southern Golan Heights region; IDF downsizes drill in north to reduce tensions. Top Commander: There are no winds of war Yoav Zitun, Maor Buchnik Published:

05.06.13, 18:17 / Israel News

Two mortar shells fired Monday afternoon during battles between the Syrian army and rebels trying to overthrown President Bashar Assad's regime exploded in an open area near the border fence in the southern Golan Heights region, near Ramat Magshimim. Another mortar landed in Syrian territory. No injuries were reported in the incident, which was apparently the result of errant fire.

Ynet

Another report showed up as well saying rockets but for some reason the page
won't load when i click it.

Dawn.com

Well so far it just looks like a few shells got fired the wrong way.
You think they be more careful with those things really.
edit on 6/5/2013 by skuly because: adding links i forgot sorry

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
finally, they will start to blow each other up. i wish people would let nature take its course. people are meant to die. Just like how animals go extinct. This planet is way too over populated with idiots.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
strange nothing on twitter about it. Neither on RT.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Hahaha, i might not fully agree with that but its really funny LOL

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Looked in the mirror lately?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
popcorn ready....check

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, I wish Syria and her allies the best of luck and godspeed.
Maybe a country is finally targetting real terrorists!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Israel confirms the rockets www.israelnationalnews.com... from the link

Two Syrian Rockets Hit Israeli Side of the Golan
Two rockets fired from Syrian territory exploded on the Golan Heights on Monday, without causing casualties or damage
AAFont Size
By Arutz 7 Staff
First Publish: 5/6/2013, 8:25 PM

Mortar shell
Mortar shell
Israel news photo: Flash 90

Two rockets fired from Syrian territory exploded on the Golan Heights on Monday, without causing casualties or damage, an IDF spokesperson said. The rockets exploded in a field near the ceasefire line in the southern Golan, the spokesperson added.

The rocket fire was "apparently connected to the situation inside Syria," she added, suggesting Israel was not targeted but that it was a spillover of fighting between the Syrian regime and rebels. "The Israeli army combed the sector the rockets fell in and informed the UN forces deployed in the Golan," the spokesperson said.

The rocket fire came as tensions between the two countries soared after air raids on targets in the Syrian capital on Sunday. Syria accused Israel of conducting the raids, which targeted Syrian army weapon convoys that security officials said would be handed over to Lebanese terror group Hizbullah. Israel has not confirmed that it was behind the raids.

IDF Northern Command head Yair Golan said earlier Monday that “regardless of the tension in the North, it is always best to be prepared. However, we feel no 'winds of war' here, and the traditional activities of the Golani brigade are continuing as usual,” he said.
Doubt Syria could do a full out attack on Israel, not with out Iran's help.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So now whenever someone drops a coin its the start of ww3 ??
I still believe when/if we have a ww3 it will be over in hours

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
finally, they will start to blow each other up. i wish people would let nature take its course. people are meant to die. Just like how animals go extinct. This planet is way too over populated with idiots.

That's right, Cowboy - the potential consequences of an event such as this (if true) truly is limited to just the geographic area in which it occurs.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Please add your comments to one of the existing threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue

I agree...time to lock and load your pathetic ass on to the next JDAM bomb.
edit on 6-5-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join