It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA convention speaker advises parents to store guns in kids' rooms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Rocker2013

When you say "a rational person", what you seem to mean is, "lets rationalize this data".

But at the end of the day....1.2mil people per year. Every year. The same pool of 311mil people, but each year 1.2mil of them will be victims. Not quite the same statistic when viewed from that angle.

It is the same data, nothing changes about it, the likelihood of this happening to you is small, and this is a fact. But, because it's something a lot of Americans are fanatical about, people will completely ignore reality because they need another reason to justify their gun ownership.

I really don't understand you all. You jump on media stories and scream about propaganda when it suits your case, but when someone actually uses provable data that is widely available on the public record to point out the propaganda of the NRA you ignore it completely, refuse to accept it, or try to change mathematics to suit your argument!

Obesity affects 35.7% of Americans, which causes heart problems, diabetes and other health issues, which in turn costs the USA $147 BILLION a year to treat. And you are more worried about your kid being shot by a mythical and imaginary intruder, when the mathematical probability of that actually happening is ridiculously low compared to numerous other REAL AND GENUINE risks!

If parents put this fantasy risk ahead of all the much more plausible risks to their kids they are BAD PARENTS. While you guys are ranting about your guns and believing this propaganda of the big bad bogeyman about to break in and shoot your kids, they're getting fat on trashy junk suitable for pig farms, being educated by semi-literate "teachers" who really couldn't care less, are growing up with a f'ing Kardashian as a role model...

Of all the things you guys should be protecting your kids from, the imaginary bogeyman the NRA wants you to believe is planning to break in and shoot everyone is actually probably number 1000 on that list

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

I am only bringing up some points that some states are finicky like this. Believe me my home and property are protected. So with that said, yes I believe castle law should be throughout. Even if there isn't a law it's a god giving right to protect your family and your property. You don't need a government to tell you that.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join