It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Britons "In Retreat" from Minority areas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I totally agree, but unfortunately that does not happen and when anyone points this out,they are immediately branded as a racist

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

The real question is who wants to eradicate the ethnic identity of European peoples and why.

As with all murder mysteries it's a question of motive and means...the answer might surprise.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Those should be forced to host a asylum seeker at home... Starting with those with very strange dialects and completely alien lifestyles... One thing would become quickly apparent they would have to adapt to each-other... my view is simpler the one that is the outsider should be the one that should have the burden of a greater level of accommodation, hope is that all sides benefits from new perspectives but the obligation is clearly one-sided...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hey OP,

Interesting story. Me and my co-worker were discussing this the other day as we drove through a minority area in Birmingham.

Here in Birmingham, half of it has been "occupied" by minorities - most notably area's such as Small Heath, Sparbrook, Alum Rock, Bordesley Green - just to name a few.

Needless to say as a Western White Girl - I am not welcome Nor safe in these area's alone.

And I agree that us 'natives' get as far away from these area's as possible.

It's a complete clash of cultural differences, and I personally do feel like I have been 'ran out' of half my home town, as I do not conform with Sharia Law.

I'm heading off to Iceland or France in future.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

The real question is who wants to eradicate the ethnic identity of European peoples and why.

As with all murder mysteries it's a question of motive and means...the answer might surprise.

This isn't the first time it's happened.

www.livescience.com...

"What is intriguing is that the genetic markers of this first pan-European culture, which was clearly very successful, were then suddenly replaced around 4,500 years ago, and we don't know why,"

Anyone want to spare a thought for the pan-European culture our no doubt whitish ancestors displaced back then, or is that all water under the bridge? Seems to me, what goes around, comes around.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I don't blame you for wanting to ship out, I lived in Blackburn a few years ago and as a white female, certain areas were just out of bounds if you were on your own due to the cultural differences, so the implication that it is the White British that are creating the divisions by moving out of these areas is frankly ludicrous, it is the people who have moved in and demand to live by their own cultural beliefs that cause the problem.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by Pinke

But how can it fix itself? What about the people who refuse to learn English, and who refuse to participate in the established local culture?

Simple question, were you forced to speak English?

Because less than 500 years ago you may have been speaking a Celtic language such as Manx or something similar. In fact, 'English' was brought to your country by Germanic invaders in the first place, and the English went to war with the Scottish more than a few times.

The point I'm making isn't meant to make you feel better, it's just reality. On a long enough time line this is a self solving problem. The cultures will clash, there will be problems, there will be some ideas dropped, some adopted, and less dominant cultures will just become a line of alternative medicine and fast food stores and a handful of new dialects and slang.

It could be managed better for certain, but I think it's unlikely that British culture will be fed to the birds. There are parts of British culture that will 'infect' persons for want of a better term. Adults who have come from other countries aren't likely to be as easily 'infected' as their children but it will happen.

Growing up with the TV channels, the advertising, the high school experiences ... they may even hide these cultural changes from their parents. I understand if this is an upsetting answer for you as perhaps you want some more immediate resolution ...

Myself, I've just got used to being different and am generally curious about other people. I don't fit in with most countries apart from a few places in Germany. Most of my experiences with immigrants to countries I go to have been fairly positive once I start engaging with them though I've had bad experiences also.

Mostly I find if am happy, positive, bubbly and curious persons return the favor.

(As a side note I don't deliberately go to places I know are rough and am not welcome buuuut ... is what am saying ... that's life, everything takes time)
edit on 6-5-2013 by Pinke because: Side note

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
White people are being driven out of their communities by the uncontrolled, unwanted influx of immigrants.

No one was consulted or asked about these policies that are destroying our neighbourhoods.

We can't even complain...there is no one to complain to. And even if we did we would be branded racist or bigot.

Its too late anyway...the damage is done.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

No it isn't the first time it would have happened, and the records do instruct that what has mysteriously appeared can just as mysteriously dissapear, but i don't make any sort of case for 'Save the Europeans' on the basis of sympathy or charity, after all there are many reasons why other peoples shouldn't give a damn and indeed might well rejoice at their demise...

It's a question of self interest for those involved, preserving their cultural history, their identity, and their childrens future, the threat to these is very real...and mysterious.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Those should be forced to host a asylum seeker at home... Starting with those with very strange dialects and completely alien lifestyles... One thing would become quickly apparent they would have to adapt to each-other... my view is simpler the one that is the outsider should be the one that should have the burden of a greater level of accommodation, hope is that all sides benefits from new perspectives but the obligation is clearly one-sided...

Asylum and immigration are two entirely seperate issues and should never be blurred.

Asylum seekers, by the very nature of the term should be accommodated in the closest geographical, stable country that can host them. Let's say for example that (god forbid) a huge outbreak of civil unrest resulting in a civil war occurred in Ireland. We should expect political asylum seekers in the UK and we know through history that they would be welcomed and supported in any way we as a nation can.

Now, in the same scenario, should Australia be expected to take in asylum seekers from Ireland? Having crossed 2-3 continents and 2+ oceans, with no formal or informal connection to Australia? Sounds absurd doesn't it... and yet that's the exact situation the UK finds itself in, bound by laws that the population of the UK had no democratic input towards. We are bound by law to harbour asylum seekers and refugess that travel accross 2-3 continents, passing through dozens of suitable safe havens simply because the UK is a soft touch.

That's asylum, now immigration. You'd be a fool to even attempt to argue that immigration per se is a terrible thing for any country. Integration is the key, and despite many liberal attempts to muddy the waters on this aspect, citing historical events, invasions etc. Every major influx of immigrants in the past has ultimately resulted in integration. Evidence of this is littered throughout history, Norman & Scandanavian monarchs eventually 'going native', along with their followers.

The problem we now have is that the liberal elite have attempted to socially engineer the population to cement their increasing levels of influence. It's worked, if you laid out the policies of the current tory party to a tory party member in, say the 1960's they'd have laughed 90% of them off as left wing lunacy. Our mainstream politics are now a choice of a centrist tory party, a centre-left liberal party and a left-centre labour party and they've all got caugh up in the complete nonsensical denial that immigration isn't a defining issue for all voters. The white flight phenomen is the first step, people voting with their feet. The second step will be via protest votes at the next election, which unfortunately won't be enough to bring about the changes required to negate the third step which will be race riots. We simply cannot continue to take in the number of immigrants we have been that have no willingness to integrate and contribute to our society without it coming to a nasty conclusion. Unfortunately the liberals that have instigated this entire situation will refuse to change their stance until such a time comes. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but if it does, I'll enjoy being one of the first to point the finger and say I told you so.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I agree with you to an extent, Britain has probably been invaded more than any other country in the world throughout history. What I have a problem with is this and the previous Govt agenda to make Britain a multi-cultural paradise, where we all integrate with each other and gain from each others perspective. Fine idea in principle, however, this is not reflected in the reality and the assumption that it is white british people who are preventing integration is, quite simply wrong in my opinion.

What's frightening to me and many others in this country is that the Govt keeps legislating their ideals into practice, with the result that if anyone opposes them, for whatever reason, they are then branded a racist and a bigot. And of course where does it end? White British being denied places in certain schools or denied social housing in certain areas, because there are "too many whites" in the area already. That's the type of social engineering that I despise. Naturally occurring changes to the demographic is one thing, making laws to force those changes is another.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Pinke is speaking from as an American - she does not really understand what is happening in Britain and North / West / Southern Europe.

She has no clue, with respect to her.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

what is happening over there then in 'briton'?
We too have "minority" areas (I suppose) -Its more prominent int the South... but here in the Midwest, people tend to live in the same neighborhoods despite cultural differences. Granted, there may be an area here and there that are mostly white, or black, or hispanic... but you'll always find the exact opposite of race in the same neighborhood.

I don't see the problem there in the UK.... unless there are racial things going on...?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Pinke

I agree with you to an extent, Britain has probably been invaded more than any other country in the world throughout history. What I have a problem with is this and the previous Govt agenda to make Britain a multi-cultural paradise, where we all integrate with each other and gain from each others perspective. Fine idea in principle, however, this is not reflected in the reality and the assumption that it is white british people who are preventing integration is, quite simply wrong in my opinion.

What's frightening to me and many others in this country is that the Govt keeps legislating their ideals into practice, with the result that if anyone opposes them, for whatever reason, they are then branded a racist and a bigot. And of course where does it end? White British being denied places in certain schools or denied social housing in certain areas, because there are "too many whites" in the area already. That's the type of social engineering that I despise. Naturally occurring changes to the demographic is one thing, making laws to force those changes is another.

Britain is also the country that has Invaded the MOST countries worldwide. Maybe thats why the influx of "minorities".

Source

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Helen, you make some valid points and I understand your concerns etc but your credibility is harmed by spouting complete bollocks at times.

No one will tell you the truth

There's a large element of truth in that - but it's the same everywhere, the UK is in no way unique in that.

- for fear of arrest.

Please tell me the name and circumstances of anyone who has been arrested for 'telling the truth'?

We have no free speech in the UK....

Whilst I agree there is a steady and gradual erosion of civil liberties but to say we have 'no free speech' is an outright lie.
I regularly speak whatever I want both on the internet and in the 'real' world and I am more often than not critical of the government, the establishment and the whole sorry, corrupt and amoral system that they maintain and exploit.
No-one has ever tried to stop me.

People in Britain know the powers that be are now like the Stasi and so keep they mouths firmly shut for fear of arrest, losing ones jobs etc etc

Yip, TPTB are complete scum and as I said earlier I sometimes like to broadcast my disgust of them - but not once has the secret police come knocking on my door.
Sure, great efforts have been made to supress the activities of some of the more vocal and organised opponents of 'the system' and other activists but to liken their treatment to that handed out to dissidents in authoritarian states is an exaggeration of the largest possible kind.

Are we moving that way?
Yes, an arguement can be made that we are moving in that direction but we are a long way off that at present.

Also a country run by fifth columnists [ bilderbergers] and the majority of the people who are easily manipulated and told what to think and say. - that is the UK 2013.

That has always been the way it has been in the UK, nothing new there at all - and it's the same the world over.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it and try to fight against it in what little way I can, but just like everyone else I have a life to live and I assure you I try my damndest to so at every opportunity - we get one chance at this life and I thoroughly intend to keep on living it to the full with no regrets and becoming too pre-occupied with the injustices in this world does no good for the quality of one's life.

The British people have many faults, (and many attributes to), but trying to portray them as cowardly, intimidated and downtrodden to the point you imply is simply not true and helps feed the false impression many non-UK people have of the UK and it's people.

reply to post by skalla

ie turn that computer off and get outside for a pint goddammit!

I wish my fiend...... worked a door last night and had a bit of a 'late one' afterwards and am now conducting my apparent obligatory Grandfather baby sitting duties.
Still, a couple of days off it won't go amiss before the Darts in Newcastle on Thursday.
edit on 6/5/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

In the Muslim religious culture they have very fixed views on women, e.g. they cannot go out unless accompanied by a male relative, they are also required to dress very modestly. The vast majority of women in the UK pride their independence and freedom to wear what they want and go where they want, with whom they want.

This causes a clash as the above women are viewed as trash and objects to be abused by the male Muslim population and heaven help you if you inadvertently walk into an area inhabited by these groups. They don't view what they are doing as wrong, they have different opinions on what women should do, fair enough, that's their right, but obviously this can and does cause problems when women who are not of the same beliefs exercise their right to independence...trouble ensues, so it's best to just keep out of their way.

I mentioned this in a previous post, I am single and my daughter is a lesbian..we would last 5 mins in a predominantly Muslim community, we would not be accepted and we may even suffer verbal and physical abuse.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't speak for all of Americans... But I'm sure most of the homies here think of this... when they think of England.

“Y’know: fish, chips, cup o’ tea, bad food, worse weather, bad teeth, Mary ******’ Poppins – England!”
--SNATCH (movie)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yo... you could always come over here to the states.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Pinke is speaking from as an American

Am I?

No disrespect, but is there anything else you would like to tell me about myself before I correct you?

reply to post by Pinke

What I have a problem with is this and the previous Govt agenda to make Britain a multi-cultural paradise, where we all integrate with each other and gain from each others perspective.

I agree it could be managed better, and the process has been accelerated a lot by some policies.

the assumption that it is white british people who are preventing integration is, quite simply wrong in my opinion.

I think extremists and fearful persons on both sides are the problem. There are persons who have immigrated to your country that see a male with a shaved head and instantly think of the English Defense League or something similarish and they can become afraid of white people.

Fear is a powerful feeling and there isn't really any reasons for persons on either side to test the waters.

What's frightening to me and many others in this country is that the Govt keeps legislating their ideals into practice, with the result that if anyone opposes them, for whatever reason, they are then branded a racist and a bigot. And of course where does it end?

The terms 'racist' and 'bigot' are often used by those who are racist, bigoted, and sometimes naive. Some persons are racists or bigots but the majority of persons (on both sides) are just fearful and concerned I find.

Being worried is quite different from being an 'evil racist' I think. The vast majority of persons I've met aren't exactly racist but they are more comfy with their own type of person and have no real reason to take the risk of engaging with another culture.

For example, a lot of Indian persons I know are scared / dislike the Irish due to some quite legitimate experiences.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Yo... you could always come over here to the states.

I'd miss the bad weather, bad food and the tea...Not! Though I would no doubt pi$$ off the majority of Americans by not tipping...us Scots are really stingy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join