It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules on neurochemicals/drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hello.

I dont use drugs, I am drugs.

Which is what im confused about.

I want to start a thread about the newly discovered endogenous hallucinogens in our blood stream that we all share. But keep finding myself in the awkward position of not being able to talk about basic things like psychopharmacology and the evolution of the human neocortex since talking about these intrinsically natural and human systems invloves mentioning the drugs that they are made of.

What exactly are the rules?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

ATS Terms and Conditions

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So as long as I stick to purely endogenous hallucinogens and neurochemicals all is fine?

And what about the role of psychedelics in our ancestors and the evolution of the human neocortex?

I made a previous highly scientifically referenced post on this and it was deleted as if I was advocating its use now, rather than talking about its past role in our ancestors.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

No discussion of such things is allowed. It's been tried, numerous times in the past and it just ends up leading to discussions that become highly problematic for a variety of legal reasons.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So no natural neurochemicals?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Bad Craziness

reply to post by ZeuZZ

I know, it sucks, and I wish it weren't so, but we've been down that road so many, many times there's just no going back.

Personally, I wish we could talk about the whole gamut, especially the War on Drugs (i.e., the biggest criminal conspiracy in human history), but we inevitably end up being derailed by the "dude, I'm so high" crowd and people talking about how many plants they grow in their backyards or how they make meth in their kitchens.

Yes, we could moderate such threads diligently, like we have thousands of times before, but in the end, it's just not worth the abuse our staff invariably suffers.

I've lost track of how many accounts I've personally had to terminate over this (especially those of "protestors" who deliberately violate the the rules and hassle us for it), but it's a very large number, and certain to grow, because it's one of a small list of things for which we may immediately ban even longstanding accounts.

Having said that, and noting the close correlation between threads like this and someone deciding to jump in, be a jerk about it and get banned, I'm closing this thread.

That doesn't mean I'm not willing to talk about it. By all means, if you want to discuss things like this via private message, you will find a sympathetic ear.

But alas, the policy itself is firm, non-negotiable and, given the history of the subject, unlikely to change anytime soon.

new topics

top topics

join