It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid calls out cop for parking on sidewalk "I want your badge number" says 12-yr old Jeremy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Holy crap, I almost panicked when I seen the title!!! That's the type of stuff my 12 yr. old son does!! And.....my son is always asked if he's a lawyer.....lol.....props to Jeremy being raised right, & having his own beliefs!! Ty For posting o.p.!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Damn straight! Way to go kid.

I love the way this piece of crap tries to turn it around on the kid.

No badge number eh? Gtfo the sidewalk.

+6 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21

Your argument and attitude show little in understanding the law. The 12 year old has more knowledge than you apparently. Why, if the cop is parking illegally, as they do every day in every city, do you have an issue with a citizen demanding they stop?

CJ

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thanks ##snip## for stating something I admitted previously. Highly doubt the kid is more knowledgable than me in anything other than useless internet videos. If they do it everyday anyways, why is it a big deal now? Is it because the highlight of this 12 year old kid's entire life will be this video? It's not crowded, he wasn't affecting the kid and he didn't confront the kid. The kid confronted him. People forget police officers are human beings also. If this one wanted to park for 2 minutes to get a drink so be it. Who knows what he dealt with earlier that day. If you show most cops respect you get respect also, at least in my few cases of dealing with them.
edit on Sun May 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What? How is it suspicious? He filmed it with a camera and started filming because he saw a cop illegally parked.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21

Thanks ##snipped## for stating something I admitted previously. Highly doubt the kid is more knowledgable than me in anything other than useless internet videos. If they do it everyday anyways, why is it a big deal now? Is it because the highlight of this 12 year old kid's entire life will be this video? It's not crowded, he wasn't affecting the kid and he didn't confront the kid. The kid confronted him. People forget police officers are human beings also. If this one wanted to park for 2 minutes to get a drink so be it. Who knows what he dealt with earlier that day. If you show most cops respect you get respect also, at least in my few cases of dealing with them.

After re-reading your posts, which part did you admit? A 12 year old has more sense than you?

I am a human being. If I want to speed on the highway going 73 in a 65 mph zone for a few minutes it has no bearing on the ticket I get written. When I pull up and park illegally it has no bearing on the ticket stuck on my windshield. You simply are angry a 12 year old called out the cop on illegal behavior, whatever it was.
Please make sure to remind your fellow officers that, hey, they are just humans and let us all off for minor offences from here on out. We appreciate it.

CJ

edit on 5-5-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

How can you not comprehend the point. If a civilian parked his bike there and the cop walked by he'd give the guy a fine and call a tow truck. The kid is right on.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I think that police officers should have the responsibility to be role models. They may not agree, but how can the earn the respect of young kids, if they don't have enough respect for the law to obey it, themselves. This kid may grow up to be a lawyer, but some other child may just ask: "why do I have to obey the law, if he doesn't."

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Who cares what the cops day was like. If you were illegally parked and did it because you had a rough day and wanted to be lazy do you think the cop that walked by and saw it would give you a break? Are cops entitled to some special privileges? You think it's okay for the cop to show this kid that it's okay if a cop breaks the law? Hey if I, a cop, am cool with breaking this law maybe you should be cool with it too.

Are you just wanting to argue because I really can't see someone insist on "not getting it" like you have here.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am just saying overall the kid isn't that smart since in almost every state an officer never has to identify him/herself unless they are arresting or questioning you (not even all the time for questioning). So if you want to make a big deal out of a cop parking on the sidewalk, please continue.
edit on 5-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I am just saying overall the kid isn't that smart since in almost every state an officer never has to identify him/herself unless they are arresting or questioning you (not even all the time for questioning). So if you want to make a big deal out of a cop parking on the sidewalk, please continue.
edit on 5-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

According to this police forum, they don't have badge numbers, just employee ID's - funny how most cops on that forum seem to hate people. The other thing they state almost universally is YES THEY HAVE TO give what almost everyone knows as "their badge number" - REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCE.

CJ

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey everybody, the cop is parked on private property so it is up to the owner to decide if it is allowed. Did anyone call the store to see if he had permission to park there?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Since when is a sidewalk private property?

CJ

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thanks for sending me a link where it goes half and half on answers. Where there is a lot of sarcasm and no official laws provided.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thanks for sending me a link where it goes half and half on answers. Where there is a lot of sarcasm and no official laws provided.

I guess most cops don't know the laws then. The majority on the board must be wrong about their jobs and somehow you must be right.

Edit to add: Since you say cops don't have any legal requirement to identify themselves, you go right ahead and prove it.

CJ
edit on 5-5-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

If it's in front of (or more, on a businesses property) it's termed pseudo-public private property, wherein said statutes would still apply.

If the owner of a McDonald's said it was okay for you to do donuts in their parking lot, do you think an officer would not write you a ticket? You'd be incorrect.
edit on 5/5/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by anton74

Since when is a sidewalk private property?

CJ

When you own the land it is sitting on and you built it yourself.

The parking lot and sidewalk in front of the staore at your local Walmart for example is private property(owned by Walmart). If the ask you to leave and you don't, then you are trespassing.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

parkwoods21....

For someone that likes relegion and theology; you seem to have difficulty of knowing right from wrong.

Topics I Like: Religion, Theology, Philosophy, Sports, Common Sense.

What is wrong for the average citizen to do is also wrong for law enforcement. No special dispensation for being a cop. No special privileges.
edit on 5-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by anton74

If it's in front of (or more, on a businesses property) it's termed pseudo-public private property, wherein said statutes would still apply.

If the owner of a McDonald's said it was okay for you to do donuts in their parking lot, do you think an officer would not write you a ticket? You'd be incorrect.
edit on 5/5/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

That depends were you are at. It would fall under a local ordinance.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Again, the video doesn't say which state is it and your so called forum no one says what state they are in also and doesn't name or state the official law.

There is no official law that says they ever have too. In some states there are guidelines which say an officer should have to but it's not enforced.

JK

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join