It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help!My kitty got outside ! I need her back!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Buzz,yup,I had that happen to my kitty Clyde many years ago,he was in there for about 3 days..on the third day,he was crying loud..

Damone is really freaking out,he is now going around the house meowing,and his meow is very deep,almost a growl.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

stupid thought, but dude, record the sounds and play them when your looking for him possibly he'll come for his brother

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i've used the sound of my electric can opener to get my cat in before. she eats wet food and recognizes the sound. sounds strange, but she heard it from over 150 yards away on the 3 occasions i've tried it (across a field in the woods) and came a'runnin! my wife and brother-in-law made fun of me the first time i recommended it, but quickly changed their tunes when she came bounding across the field. Good luck!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Going on day three,no Millicent (yet) I will be contacting animal services shortly this morning.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
reply to post by Bootyac

stupid thought, but dude, record the sounds and play them when your looking for him possibly he'll come for his brother

You mean record Damone's meow? Great Idea,Ill try to catch it.He is back at the window looking for her again this morning.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This worked for my when my cat got out in a major urban environment for 2 days.

Take an old sweatshirt that you wear and if you wear cologne or perfume, spray the clothing with it really good and sit it outside your back door or near where he/she got out. Cats see with their noses! I bet you the animal will be sitting on the item in 12 hours or so.... It worked for me in the past.

Good luck, I have 2 cats and if I lost one, it would break my heart.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great idea about recording the brother's meowing!! Someone could still have your cat. When we rescued our persian, we put a cat carrier outside with food in it. When the cat went inside we closed the door. Otherwise she would have hissed and growled and took off like a bat out of hell.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That sucks I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my dog for a week but got her back through the kindness of someone finding her and sending her to humane society.

My advice:
1. Cats usually come back on there own. Give it a week.
2. Call any local shelter, you said you are rural so this isn't going to help.
3. Take all the time you can plaster signs with pics of the cat and an award of over 200 dollars.

Good luck, I hope the cat comes back, probably will is my guess.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

It will come back. I have two... they have been indoor/outdoor cats since they were a few months old. Your kitty will come back. If it is her first time out, it may take her a few days. Mine would disappear for days, maybe a weeks but they would always return.

recently they have made friends with a few neighbors of mine. I see them both go in and out of their houses. Sometimes I hope they like it there better than with me but NOPE. they keep coming back and snuggling up on top of my head and my stomach..

I wouldn't worry about it.

I just hope you didn't de claw your cat.. I hate when people do that.

edit on 7-5-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Damn I was following along in your thread, kinda like a suspenseful movie, you know the ones that always have a happy ending...

Day 3 now and no sign of her huh? I am sorry to hear that. Although I hope for the best and one of a dozen different senarios could have happened. I just hope it isn't the most common.....a car.

My thoughts are with you and your kitty!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Put the contents of your hoover outside your house so that familiar scents on the wind will give him a direction home.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
My kitty got outside over the night,via a cracked open window.

I live in the woods,but at an apartment complex.(Olympia Washington)

She is 7 y/o and until now 100% indoor,so she isnt well versed in outside life.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get her back?

I had a cat when I was a kid. Had her from the time she was a kitten, just weened off her mothers breast. One day we moved house. The cat was unfamiliar with the new home, and went on a walkabout, missing for over a month, then somehow she found her way back. We never knew what happened to her during that month she was away. Thought she had gotten run over by a car somewhere, and was totally surprised when she showed up again. Cats are naturally curious creatures, they love to explore. If you've had the cat for a long time, and she's just on her walkabout, its likely she'll turn up again. They know how to find there way back. I don't know how they do it. The only problem is, you have to make sure she can get back into her home. We were in a house with a yard. I'm not sure how things work in apt buildings. Our cat just showed up in the backyard, at the kitchen door, and we let her in. She was accustomed to coming and going through that door, so it was already a habit. If she went through a crack in a window for the first time, not sure what happens there. Better leave the window crack open for her. Apt cat discovering the outside world for the first time, could get overwhelmed with the new sights and smells, and could get lost in the new found fantasy land outside.

Just put a poster of the cat up in and around the apt building. "Lost Cat. Reward for Finder. Call Phone Number".

edit on 7-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Still no Milli..Today was a f'in horrible day for me,Ive been crying for about the last 5 hours straight,had to go out in public,rode the bus to downtown Olympia,cried the way there,met my friend over to help me look for her tonight,and to give me support..Cried on the bus on the way back,he stopped me..Ive lost loved ones in my life,nature and all that..I feel the same heartbreak now..

Please understand I am not trying to be emo or a cry baby,I am only expressing my feelings...That being said,I truly am touched by your support!!

Great Idea about the vacuum contents,that will have her hair and dander stuff..

I will keep this thread alive until its resolved.. maybe you saw my join date..Im probably ats's longest lurker haha Im not going anywhere

edit on 7-5-2013 by Bootyac because: because I can

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Mods,I appologize if this is over the top,but its extremely funny if you have a warped sense of humor,again this is the 'joke page'..

~warning may be offensive but very funny~

That!! is why cats RULE!!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was thinking that since you have fliers and an ad and reward and all, if the cat was dead on the side of the road somewhere, someone would have contacted you. I don't think she is dead. I keep thinking someone took her in. She is quite beautiful with unusual and gorgeous markings. Hopefully this person will see you are looking for her and give her back. She just disappeared into nowhere too quickly.

Honey, I am so sad for you and keep checking in here hoping for good news. If she was hurt, she would cry and someone would hear her. Hang in there. you have your ATS family right by your side. We're not going anywhere either.

Please don't feel we are judging you because you cry. You'd be crazy not to. It shows your love and devotion to this sweet kitty and that's fine by me.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Please don't feel we are judging you because you cry.

I am. Yep.

(Still here, rooting for you, Your cat is around, and will hopefully be back soon)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Still no kitty..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have a lead on where she may be,someone told me they saw her and then she ran under an apartment building,I got permission from the manger and maintenance workers so I went in via the crawl space with a flashlight and did not see here,but Im sure with all the commotion she is spooked and hiding under there .

I put some food out for her there and Im going to sit out and 'camp' until I find her.

This being said,the neighbor said that he has a cat that looks alot like her,except for the face markings.

Keep your fingers crossed!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
I have a lead on where she may be,someone told me they saw her and then she ran under an apartment building,I got permission from the manger and maintenance workers so I went in via the crawl space with a flashlight and did not see here,but Im sure with all the commotion she is spooked and hiding under there .

I put some food out for her there and Im going to sit out and 'camp' until I find her.

This being said,the neighbor said that he has a cat that looks alot like her,except for the face markings.

Keep your fingers crossed!

keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I hope you find your baby.

And because of you, I saved a cat from a tree.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for calling the fire department.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join