It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Plant Can Remove Fluoride From Drinking Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know a lot of people are concerned about Fluoride in drinking water especially here on ATS. Flouride is associated with a host of human illness including cancer. It is a drug and we should have the right to choose to be medicated with it or not. It is also known to cause calcification of the pineal gland traditionally known as the seat of the soul or the third eye.

Removing Fluoride from drinking water cannot be achieved with cheap water filtration methods. A reverse osmosis kit is needed which is expensive to buy and maintain. However there now appears to me a simpler and more natural method to remove this chemical...

Researchers from Rajasthan University in India have discovered that the Tulsi plant, also known as Holy Basil, can be used to significantly reduce the amount of fluoride in drinking water

www.naturalblaze.com...

An experiment was conducted in the Yellareddyguda village of Narketpally Mandal. The researchers soaked 75mg of Tulsi leaves in 100ml of water that contained 7.4 parts per million of fluoride in the water. After only soaking the Tulsi leaves for eight hours, it was discovered that the level of fluoride in the water was reduced from 7.4 parts per million, to only 1.1 parts per million.

Fluoride is often present in very harmful levels in drinking water in some countries. This may offer a cheap and natural way of safely remove it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Fluoride is added to the water at the plants... It would be easier to simply stop throwing bags of the stuff in the clean water before it gets to us.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey, just to stop this disinformation before it gets off the ground.

Water distillation removes fluoride, it's free and you can do it yourself.

www.wikihow.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Thanks for reply... In what respect do you think the article is misinformation...Fluoride levels in drinking water in some countries are too high...

Groundwater with fluoride concentration above the permissible limit set by WHO i.e 1.5mg/l have been recorded in several parts of the world. In 1984, WHO estimated that more than260 million people living all over the world consume water with fluoride concentration above 1mg/l (WHO, 1984)

www.academia.edu...

Yes you can boil the water and distil it. You have the luxury to do that. However it is not a cheap or healthy method for obtaining drinking water...

edit on 5-5-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

"Removing Fluoride from drinking water cannot be achieved with cheap water filtration methods. A reverse osmosis kit is needed which is expensive to buy and maintain. However there now appears to me a simpler and more natural method to remove this chemical... "

See this is disinformation, you say it cannot be achieved with cheap water filtration methods, if you leave fluoridated water out in sun the fluoride will be reduced and gone in 24 hours.

I was being nice calling it disinformation or would you rather have me call it an outright lie?
edit on 5-5-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Again thank you for your reply...
Leaving water out in sunlight alone is not enough to remove Fluoride. You can remove the Chlorine from water using this method as it is unstable. The Fluoride could be removed using sunlight if you lived in a hot place and had a solar distillation unit. That is not a practical method for removing Fluoride on a large scale..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

edit on 5-5-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There are now water filters (reverse osmosis) in the uk that cost just £40 that CAN remove Fluoride.

But I agree with the post up above -THEY SHOULDN'T PUT IT IN THE WATER

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Interesting find OP

This would be a better solution for taming down the levels of fluoride in drinking water. Yes you can distill the water but then in doing so you lose all the nutrients and minerals too..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the information from two people whom detest the addition of Fluoride to our water supply but applaud any threads or posts that actually address this sad issue...

I forwarded this thread to the "Queen" Yogaginns as she is into the plant and yoga thing....

With that said I hope more people read this thread and learn just what they are doing to us.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Distilled water is to pure for us to drink as humans. It does not hydrate us properly...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I bought a whole house filter to get rid of the fluoride because I know that even If I removed it for drinking, I was still inhaling it in the shower. Inhalation is a great medication (or poison) delivery method. Straight to the lungs!

www.nu-gen.net...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
S&F

I grow lots of the somewhat purple Hindu variety of Ocimum sanctum,

add to my salads & hibiscus tea! helps me sleep, helps me think clearly (as noted by all the Israeli nuclear threat threads on ATS
)

No wonder!

Does it help with decalcification (ie, chelation) of the pineal gland??

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I bought a whole house filter to get rid of the fluoride because I know that even If I removed it for drinking, I was still inhaling it in the shower. Inhalation is a great medication (or poison) delivery method. Straight to the lungs!

www.nu-gen.net...

Combine that with trans-dermal application, that's a lot of skin, whoa, look out.

How long one stays in the shower using the chemical cleaning agents on the skin directly has an effect as well, I'm sure.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by below

I am sorry I do not know if it helps with decalcification of the pineal gland. I was wondering the same thing. I am sure it cannot hurt, I will be growing this myself too now..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Purplemer, a star and flag for your post. As Iwinder stated we are against having fluoride forced upon us, and it has been since we were both very young. We have had our RO system for several years recently realized just how much it we use it when last week the faucet broke and we were left buying bottled water until it could be repaired (approx one week). Just seeing all those plastic bottles filling up the blue box gives you an appreciation for the RO.

It is not just the fluoride but also the chlorine that makes our city tap water distasteful to us, some days you can smell it coming out of the tap. Now I must agree with MrMaybeNot that the best solution is not to dump that stuff in the water to begin with. Our city council is currently debating that process to see if it should be discontinued or not.

I like the idea of a natural filtration method as outlined in the article. If anyone is more knowledgeable from a botany standpoint I would be interested to know if the basil actually neutralizes the fluoride or does it absorb and store it in its cells. If this is the case then what will become of the plants when they can no longer handle any more? I can see that you wouldn't want to put the basil into the food source or even compost it.

Thanks again for starting this post, the only way we will ever be free of fluoride in our drinking water is for more people like you, and others on ATS, to stand up and let their voices be heard.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Not only that. Distilled water is also acidic and it's been described as 'aggressive' ... ok for a short while as when one is doing detox. Unsafe for long term use ... it's not found in Nature too!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by below

Drinking holy basil tea sounds like a wonderful way to remove fluoride from the pineal gland. There is another way too - through taking borax. For full instructions, read Walter Last's article on the internet - google for it: The Borax Conspiracy. One tsp. of the powder can make one liter (+ water). and you need to take 1-2 tsp per day. It is great for getting rid of arthritis amongst other things. You can buy the 20 Mule Team Borax at some DIY shops or supermarket. If you have a Chinese herb shop around, you can get it there too. It's called Peng Sha in Mandarin ( 硼砂). This is sold in small packs and is food grade.

top topics

join