It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry March Planned for D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So I ran across this on my facebook. I understand that people feel their rights are slowly or fastly being taken away. But caring loaded weapons on a march to D.C. sounds pretty extreme. In my opinion this is going to go very very badly if it does get pulled off. Not only do you have to worry about some nut case in the march but government provocateurs planted in the march too. It seems their playing right in to their hands. What better way to pass more gun control then have a bloodbath in the capital. Why not carry unloaded weapons? Why carry weapons at all? Either way the 4th is going to be interesting and ill be tuning in......from afar!

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

I am not a member of Facebook so I can't see what is written there and for others who are not members either I found this: www.ksccw.com...

I just hope everyone is safe and violence does not erupt.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yea, it's the same text just copied from one place to another..

Not sure if it's true but it sure sounds like a BADD Idea....

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free. There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees. You are welcome to attend unarmed as a supporter, or armed with a recording device. We especially invite law enforcement officers to stand with us armed however they feel is appropriate. If this page gets to 10,000 attendees by June 1st, & we have the critical mass necessary to pull this off, (1,000 actual attendees) we will march. Please spread the word, share this event, & invite all your friends.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You mean an open carry march on Virginia ? .....Because they aren't getting anywhere near the Capital with guns. We've been through this before. They can have it in Virginia. That's as close as they are getting. You will never see armed open carry rallies anywhere near Washington DC. Not GUNna happen.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

You mean an open carry march on Virginia ? .....Because they aren't getting anywhere near the Capital with guns. We've been through this before. They can have it in Virginia. That's as close as they are getting. You will never see armed open carry rallies anywhere near Washington DC. Not GUNna happen.

I get the impression that they do have a plan to march and protest in D.C.. However like you I just don't think they will succeed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Nope. They won't make it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Not sure if it's true but it sure sounds like a BADD Idea....

Since I have read about this today...(this morning)...I keep getting a very uneasy feeling...and this is what it is: if this group somehow figures out a way and marches on Washington D.C. in protest...it will not turn out well...I think there may be violence...and if there is...I think the entire United States may be put under (Martial Law).

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I have a film maker friend that plans on making a video documentary of this event with interviews and recordings of the speeches by the participants.

I pray for her safety and well being. I don't trust either side of this issue; the cops/military or the gun OC people.

This event is planned as a confrontation and I don't feel good at all about the outcome.

edit on 5-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
already posted here.
So much for that new "working" search function ehh?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Oh good, so, we are going to see firsthand how that whole "An armed society is a polite society" bull dunk works out. Anyone want to take a bet how long it will take till someone snaps and a huge free for all firefight breaks out?

Personally my money is on 38 minutes after the festivities start before a bloodbath begins, hundreds wounded or killed, hundreds more arrested for assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.

I'll even tell you how it's gonna start, one dimbulb with a telephone poll for a family tree is going to get nice and liquored up and start firing his gun off in the air, and it'll all go downhill from there.

Glad I don't live in DC.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well if I was in law enforcement planning I would stop these guys as soon as they show up and send them on their way.

Don't let them get together for support as they will feed of each others emotions. Once a group is formed and you confront them the tensions rise faster.

If I were the protesters I would definitely not carry a loaded weapon. If shooting does break out then they could technically be tried for treason which is punishable by death.

I would hate to see any decent people make a mistake and end up with that charge on them and I've little doubt that the feds would throw the book at them.

If they do start a shooting war then martial law could easily be put into effect. We've done if for lesser circumstances then a gun battle between cops/military and the people.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the script i forget there are people in this world not on facebook lol. This freaks me the heck out. If they try to force their way in to D.C. and thats a possibility considering when you get a group that large they do feed on the atmosphere and emotion it will end badly and end up doing the thing they are protesting against!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No one's going to show up because responsible gun owners realize it's a stupid idea.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This sounds like a good idea. And if anyone decides to go nuts and start shooting, you'll have plenty of people with the means to put an end to it.

But of course, to most people, the police are the only ones that can carry guns, because apparently, it is impossible for police to go crazy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
No one's going to show up because responsible gun owners realize it's a stupid idea.

I wouldn't be to sure if I were you....

Even on ATS there are plenty of gun people that advocate open rebellion against the government.

Perhaps many think this is their chance to start the the confrontation.

I'm a NRA member and a gun owner but I wouldn't get close to this event even if you paid me in Glocks.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

The problem is for every responsible gun owner there are 10 irresponsible. If i were too guess id say 500 people show and that 500 are going to be a big problem! Its going to be the ones who do want to start an insurrection. Its going to be the nut cases and people who think that the zombie apocalypse is really going to happen lol. Its going to be every person who shouldn't have a gun showing up to this..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77
reply to post by links234

The problem is for every responsible gun owner there are 10 irresponsible. If i were too guess id say 500 people show and that 500 are going to be a big problem! Its going to be the ones who do want to start an insurrection. Its going to be the nut cases and people who think that the zombie apocalypse is really going to happen lol. Its going to be every person who shouldn't have a gun showing up to this..

Or..........How about a trigger happy government agent, perhaps maybe some more "actors" will be hired. Could be more of those guys in tan slacks, black jackets and hats.

What I see happening is a group of folks who happen to strongly believe in our constitutional rights will misguidedly be taken advantage of by the very forces who are in opposition by means of a false flag event.

I would love it if this group would not do this as it is handing over their heads on a silver platter to those who support tyranny.

I don't know where you hale from but around my parts the responsible gun owners outnumber any irresponsible hundreds to one.

I highly suspect motivations of Kokesh the organizer and think it is ill advised for anyone to follow him.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The only people thinking this is a good idea are armchair activists. I'm sure they'll get 10,000 'likes' but seriously doubt they'll get 1,000 people to show up.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I live in the country side where everyone and their mother owns a gun. Yes many are responsible but there are a lot of beer drinking good ole boys who are dumb asses.

I have thought about the govt putting someone in to stir up trouble. I would not doubt it one bit. Ive also considered that this is in fact a govt led action or false flag to cause chaos and bloodshed to further rip away gun rights.

Also just to be clear I am a gun owner.
edit on 5-5-2013 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join