It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - The Wireless Transmission of Electricity To Power Saucer-Shaped Aircraft

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I always knew that Nikola Tesla was a genius inventor and played a pivotal role in bringing the world alternating current electricity. But I had no idea how far he went with his ideas and inventions - and how long ago he had these radical ideas. Many of them were from the early 1900s and are even STILL ahead of their time in the year 2013! I have read a biography about Tesla called Prodigal Genius, and he could apparently visualize entire inventions in his mind and create them without writing or drawing anything out on paper first.

He was adamant that he found a way to transmit electricity without wires, through a huge transmission tower he wanted to build on Long Island, New York. The technology was already thoroughly worked out in his mind - the problem was bringing aboard enough capitalist moral support to fund him and be patient with him. His plans were so revolutionary that they needed at least a couple decades for him to work it all out. Unfortunately, his funding was cut off and his plans were aborted. Plans that would have transformed the entire planet and all of humanity.

The transmission of electricity was only the first phase of his technological dream. The second involved saucer-shaped aircraft that would tap into the wireless electricity and fly silently at 350 miles per second.

Nikola Tesla gave up on his grand vision once he was cut off and misunderstood, and he died in poverty in a New York hotel. Many of his ideas he took with him to the grave. It is well documented that government agents went through his belongings and opened his safe and took his private notes. He left a cache of scientific and technological data, that could also benefit the war industry, that were upwards of 100 years of development in scope. In other words, it is very likely that much of his ideas have already been utilized by the military in above top secret operations. HAARP is likely to be based on Tesla's ideas, for example. As are "flying saucers"...

In a rare 1983 Australian TV series hosted by the anti-gravity researcher Stan Deyo, Nikola Tesla's radical inventions are showcased. Here is a segment from the show 'The Eye of the Storm':

edit on 5-5-2013 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Pretty amazing man.

I would be interested in hearing the negative side about Tesla however. It seems he is idolized everywhere today but back then he wasn't so it would be great to get the whole story about the man.

I doubt he was without character flaws.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
He was so involved with his work that he failed to adequately publicize his ideas, which left him in the dark and largely an enigma and misunderstood. He also avoided romantic relationships and was never involved sexually with women. A flaw of sorts, yes. He was very financially inept in that he had no concept of money, how to save, and how much things would cost. Mostly he was just borderline obsessive compulsive, but entirely passionately driven to bring his ideas into reality. A destiny, as it were...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, it does make one wonder: was there a conspiracy at work or was Tesla's theory for a gobal energy grid flawed, scientifically speaking?

From a purely economic point of view, a lot of influential people back then would have probably said: get rid of that guy ... !!

And I couldn't resist: here's Oatmeal's comparison between Tesla & Edison:
theoatmeal.com...

edit on 5-5-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think the idea of a wireless electric grid is just not efficient enough for it to work plus it can cause unwanted ESD that can be dangerous. People used to report a lot of sparks coming from every day objects and even their feet as they walked along the street when Tesler used to fire up his tower. Today this would cause fires and would certainly lead to a lot of deaths on a daily basis. sparks flying around when people are filling up the car with gas for example would be a huge risk, in fact anywhere there is flammable liquid. It would also run the risk of destroying any computers or magnetic storage devices.

Like many conspiracy theories to makes a good story to imagine this was suppressed by evil TPTB. The truth is its not efficient , its not practical and its just to dangerous in this modern age.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yes, but we don't really know how far Tesla had thought this idea out. He was perfectly correct with all of his other technologies, which have enormously benefited mankind, so who is to say that this grand and final conclusion of his was not also correct? Had he been allowed to work as long as he needed, with as much funding as necessary, he likely would have ironed out all of the wrinkles and found a way to make it work. Or at least, that's a possibility. It is also very possible that his ideas have been used in other ways by the military. Not necessarily paranoia, but just logic...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00

Yes, but we don't really know how far Tesla had thought this idea out. He was perfectly correct with all of his other technologies, which have enormously benefited mankind, so who is to say that this grand and final conclusion of his was not also correct? Had he been allowed to work as long as he needed, with as much funding as necessary, he likely would have ironed out all of the wrinkles and found a way to make it work. Or at least, that's a possibility. It is also very possible that his ideas have been used in other ways by the military. Not necessarily paranoia, but just logic...

Why did the government not snatch him up for his ideas when he was still alive though?

Or did they try and he refused.

Alot of the Tesla story is shrouded in mystery.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

There has never been an inventor who was perfectly correct with all his ideas. Thats just a myth. Ive seen some documentaries where professional physicists have high praise for Tesler but that have said that some of his theories did have major flaws in them. The inventions he was famous for worked of course, that's why he was famous for them but he made many that did not work.

No matter how much a good inventor you are to cant change the underlying nature of electricity. He was just a human and not a god. Induction is not as efficient as wires, and electrostatic discharge happens if you charge the air to much.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The main problem Tesla ran into with his world energy technology was the person who initially funded him. J.P. Morgan was funding the whole thing. Once Morgan found out that his wireless grid would supply wireless electricity funds were pulled and Morgan would offer no further assistance.

It is rumored that Tesla told people that he received his inventions and ideas from voices in his head. Whether that is true or not doesn't really matter as the man was probably the largest contributor to mankind since Leonardo De Vinci.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You just cant have highly charged air around any modern electronics, arc'ing will destroy them. Electrostatic discharge will destroy PCB's and IC's

The lab had a two hundred foot copper antenna sticking up out of it, looking something like a HAM radio enthusiast's antenna. He moved in and started work. And strange electrical things happened near that lab. People would walk near the lab, and sparks would jump up from the ground to their feet, through the soles of their shoes. One boy took a screwdriver, held it near a fire hydrant, and drew a four inch electrical spark from the hydrant. Sometimes the grass around his lab would glow with an eerie blue corona, St. Elmo's Fire.

www.electroherbalism.com...

At this point we know ESD can give us a shock, this was covered in the walk across the carpet and touch the doorknob exercise. We need to now focus on what these little micro bolts of lightening can do to our precious electronic components and hardware. We get a shock and walk away with a few mumbles and occasional expletives but for our delicate electronic components these small lightening bolts can spell sudden and sure death. Lets take a look at a few electron microscope images of some ESD damage to a single IC (Integrated Circuit) chip as found on our system boards.

www.bearblain.com...

Some example of just the tinyest amount of ESD and the damage it does to IC's

edit on 5-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

He was so involved with his work that he failed to adequately publicize his ideas, which left him in the dark and largely an enigma and misunderstood. He also avoided romantic relationships and was never involved sexually with women. A flaw of sorts, yes. He was very financially inept in that he had no concept of money, how to save, and how much things would cost. Mostly he was just borderline obsessive compulsive, but entirely passionately driven to bring his ideas into reality. A destiny, as it were...

"failed to adequately publicize his ideas" that is such a load of crap. he was completely taken advantage of by the people he worked for. not only them but the US gov. None of anything you stated has anything to do with the context within which he was working which was groundbreaking and hundreds of years ahead of his time. "never sexually involved with women" wtf does that have to do with wireless transmission of electricity? stupid reply

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

gee, guess we should give up then

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

what do you know about the "underlying nature of electricity"? has our knowledge ever been static? do you think we are at the top of the intellectual foodchain and we know all there is to know about everything possible?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Um, it was a reply to a very direct question about any possible "character flaws" Tesla might have had. I just listed a few that his NEPHEW stated in the video I shared. Nothing dramatic. Those were almost direct quotes from people that actually knew him, so I am not sure why you are crying and swearing about it...

I am the OP and am obviously supporting Tesla's work... so.... D'UH!

edit on 5-5-2013 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

You just cant have highly charged air around any modern electronics, arc'ing will destroy them. Electrostatic discharge will destroy PCB's and IC's.

From a technical point of view, that's certainly a valid argument (as far as we know today) ... also, would CME's have a different impact in case the air around us were highly charged?

Yet, I also see the non-technical arguments in this debate:

Our economies are based on scarcity. Scarce resources are key. Once a resource becomes abundant, there's no value in it. That's true for electricity as well ... or money, for example. If too much of it circulates, it becomes worthless. If you want to oversee and control a political system you need dependencies and scarcity, for the sake of stability, peace, profits etc.

That's just the other view that might indeed make life more difficult for inventors and geeks who work towards an abundance of electrical power made available to the public. Don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to stay open for both perspectives ...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If you want to read a super in depth biography of Tesla, check out the book Wizard: The life and times of Nikola Tesla. It's got a lot of good info on him.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Don't forget the air ship Tesla talked about.
If people thought Tesla's Wireless Power would drive the ships, the assumption by all at that
time would have been correct. After selling patents for copper wire power to GE and getting
millions he set off to make his air ship. The ship only Tesla could make.

I knew about Tesla and when hearing of flying saucers in the news being unknown there
was not much one might do to change the minds of the masses but I figured Tesla had
something to do with the unknown ships. Today we only get do you believe in UFOs like
some mystery.

Tesla went to a turbine for internal power as suggested by Lyne in "Pentagon Aliens" so
the ship would fly without a power tower. The ship worked beyond expectations and Tesla
said his ship went 300 miles per second in 1915. So here we are in 2013 and should know
by now.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Otis T. Carr's "flying saucer" technology [the OTC-X1] - the result of a close personal friendship with Nikola Tesla and possible access to Tesla's private notes

I found a video presentation in my archive by a man named Jim Murray. He discusses the pioneering work of Nikola Tesla. Specifically, the information relating to the wireless transmission of electricity and how Tesla intended on powering unconventional aircraft. A scientist and inventor named Otis T. Carr was close friends with Tesla, and chances are he obtained private information from him and later developed "flying saucer" technology.

This is a clip from a 2007 presentation organized by Dr. Steven Greer for the Advanced Energy Research Organization. This was a precursor set-up to what eventually became The Orion Project, with the intentions on funding new energy scientists.

[*Personal note: I don't care what people say about Greer. CSETI and Dr. Greer have absolutely NOTHING to do with the credibility of the other people he has networked with. So I am tired of people denouncing anything that is even mildly associated with Greer. That's just ridiculous, and it is just throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and it needs to stop.
]

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 6-5-2013 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Those were almost direct quotes from people that actually knew him, so I am not sure why you are crying and swearing about it...

"crying and swearing" puhlease. try using quotation marks or indicate in some way that you are quoting people and you will solve a lot of problems ahead of time

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join