It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church about to learn that GOD LOVES SLAYER

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I don't think any reasonable person should associate WBC with real Christianity, given that their whole premise seems opposed to anything resembling forgiveness or compassion. I think their goals are similar to that of a KKK rally when they have these protests: They consider it a successful event if they manage to stir up a counter-protest because it allows them to play the role of a victim, and they love the attention they receive as a result. I agree that people should ignore them, but it is difficult to ignore someone who is picketing a funeral. I'm not advocating that anyone pay any attention to them. I wish they would be ignored, but I doubt a mob of Slayer fans will show the same level of restraint that soldiers and mourning family members do when attending a funeral and encountering a protest that mocks the deceased.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
While I don't condone violence, I think it will be an interesting spectacle watching the WBC getting their asses kicked by mourning Slayer fans. It's their brainwashed children that the WBC bring to their protests that I feel concern for, those kids are suffering from psychological abuse.

RIP Jeff.

Somebody punch this guy please:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
But the theocrats, and dominionists, and the freaking crazies that need to have the ten commandments posted at the courthouse, I have a real hard time taking them seriously. They. Don't. Get. It.

WBC should have the ten commandments posted at their church. They seem to have forgotten the one about not using Gods name in vain

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
reply to post by Kalki11

So they've decided to picket a thrash metal band?

Ok, go ahead, for once I am not annoyed about what the WBC is doing, can't wait to see how this turns out. Video of the event will be fun to watch (hopefully).

Oh wait, they're picketting a members funeral.
Now I am annoyed and very dissapointed in WBC again. Why do people do that? Its disrespectful. And its not just the WBC that does picketing at funerals, people did it at Margaret Thatcher's funeral as well.

EDIT: In my opinion it should be illegal to picket at funerals. Anyone who does it should be arrested, removed from the area, and charged with disrespectful behaviour.
edit on 5-5-2013 by salainen because: (no reason given)

I still don't understand the reason why everyone hates Margaret Thatcher...I was raised in the Reagan years and back in the day...she was a highly praised and respected woman...I'm obviously out of this giant loop...please fill me in so that I don't look like an ass again when I state that Margaret Thatcher was a great lady...I feel like I'm praising Hitler or something.

I would have to say that it is the definition of "Disturbing the Peace". Has anyone ever picketed Westboro?
edit on 5-5-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Fred Phelps "church" is neither Baptist nor Christian.

Some believe that they are a propaganda tool of the government.

It's a business. They travel the country, set up websites telling you exactly when they'll be there, and using the most inflammatory statements all over the place, just to get someone to violate their rights for profit. Then they sue the military, the police force that was to protect them, and everyone that is around them for money.

This is a sham, and it is a trap to get people sued. Every member of his family is an attorney. Phelps does not break the law. What he does is try to make you break the law by trying to punch your sensibilities about everything you hold dear, and then sue you and everyone municipality around him to the max.

This is a scam. Whether he believes his posters or not is irrelevant. He's using this as a moneymaking scheme.
Lay one finger on him, do one thing that violates him, and he will sue you, and more importantly, the city, the police department, the US Military, and any private property owner he happens to be standing on to make money off of it.

Scam of the Decade

"This cult of people, a family who claim religion to avoid taxes, has already got over 10 million dollars in court because people do exactly what this cult wants them to do. attack their members so they can sue for more tax free money.so they continue to post up in the worst places imaginable in hopes that people will play into their hands."

LINK

"...they’re neither Baptist or a church! They are from Topeka, Kansas. Their web site, godhatesfags.com, does not list any service times, invite anyone to come and worship with them or tell anyone how to get to heaven. It is “pastored” by Fred Phelps, a former civil rights lawyer who was disbarred in 1979. The “church” consists of Phelps’ wife, some of his adult children with their spouses and their grandchildren. THEY ARE ALMOST ALL LAWYERS! The “church” meets in Phelps’ house.

They do what they do for one purpose only: SUE! They try to be as offensive as possible without breaking any laws and when someone takes a swing at them or they’re told by the authorities that they cannot protest here – they file a lawsuit.

IT IS ALL A MONEY-MAKING SCAM! They don’t believe anything that they say really.

THE SO-CALLED WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This makes me wonder if someone has a record of me owning a Slayer CD. I do like some of their music but I like a lot of heavy metal. Recently I got a deal on some combat fighting techniques. I'm not really doing any fighting but you never know when some extra skill could come in handy. I have no idea why I was targeted to learn combat skills. I didn't ever picture myself being a hardcore fan of Slayer. These people deserve whatever they have coming if they mess with metal fans though. I'm not a satanist, I just like some of the music. It's not like I do whatever I hear. I think these people who target funerals are doing evil doing so and it wouldn't bother me if they got their you know what kicked back to hell where I think they belong more than most.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Slugworth

Maybe I spoke out of turn there. I was never a Slayer fan but I knew of their music. I guess it lives on and they have new fans now.

It is kind of like my kids getting into old music from when I was a teen.

No. It is not like that at all.

Metal transcends time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Paid ministries remind me of a scene from Interview With A Vampire with the helicopter and spot light.

"It's false light, it cannot harm you"

- Louis

Did you ever notice there's a "hell" in "helicopter", just saying?

- Charlie Sheen

John 10:13

The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep

Its false light, it cannot harm you.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Westboro Baptist Church, lol I think this pretty much sums it up.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Let me see if I have got this straight:
The devil is dead and gone...
...and they are protesting?

What? they want we should resurwrecked him?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
These two say it all

bring it westboro lol for the love of your god leave your kids at home they don't need to watch their parents get their butts kicked

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The Phelps ladies have been known to sing their altered lyrics to various pop and rock songs, notably Ozzy's Crazy Train.

It would be interesting to hear their rendition of Slayer tracks like Angel of Death (Spider of death?), while furiously headbanging with that unladylike mass of unkempt greying hair.

I think that when Fred Phelps finally kicks the bucket there will be huge televised concerts.
Unlike Live AID or the Freddie Mercury memorial concert the focus won't be on fighting hunger or disease.
It will be a mass celebration of the fact that the world is finally free of one miserable old troll.

Everybody has to die of something some day (which is not God's displeasure, but simply natural law), and revenge can be sweet.
The day will surely come, because nothing - not even Fred Phelps - lives forever.
That day I hope there is a week-long non-stop gay disco and metal concert within hearing distance of the cult compound when the disciples of the old muppet, child-beater and family destroyer will hear exactly what he achieved with his God-complex - the unification of groups that really had little in common without his shenanigans.
edit on 5-5-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here is something I would love to see. The funeral is proceeding with a nice crowd of fans mourning. In comes the WBC with their signs to picket. They form up and start their shenanigans not noticing the HUGE crowd of Slayer fans that have blocked off their avenue of escape. The SLAYER fans surround them and will not let them leave until they all get Slayer tattoos on their foreheads.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Lol! I suppose until they sue enough people to pay for the tattoo removals it would be easier to capitalize on the Manson-like appearance of forehead tattoos and the martyrdom of it all.
They could add some words to substantiate their message, for example:

"Fred says Repent!
Or Jesus is your SLAYER."

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Whilst I might not be the biggest metalhead myself, I can tell you that the UK live music community absolutely loves metal and is in full solidarity with the American fans and Jeff Hanneman's friends, family and bandmates in opposing scum like WBC.

At the end of the day, it's filth like them that don't want you to be free - and that's what the shred is all about.

RIP Jeff Hanneman - thanks for all the great music, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we won't be sorry if it turns out Phelps and his ilk find they've bitten off more than they can chew in failing to show an icon the respect he deserves in death.

edit on 5-5-2013 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How can God NOT love Slayer?

Slayer goes to Church...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In a beautiful poetic way....i see the working of the Hand Of God in this ...................
Somehow i think the two groups could be good for each other.........surely, God has made equally diverse matchups from time to time....Thus providing both moral and entertainment to the story......

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
How can God NOT love Slayer?

Slayer goes to Church...

Ha, Ha, HA I had forgot about that one.
Good Post!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Westboro has nothing to do with the Christian Church outside of registering themselves as a religion (which anyone can do for a state license fee). In fact they are mainly a single family of lawyers who cause these stirs to then sue under violations of “freedom of speech”. I tire of Christians being bashed by religion haters, because of the actions of these folks who in no way represent mainstream Christianity. The best thing that anyone can do is stop talking about these attention seekers, but the anti-religion crowd just loves to egg them on to new lows. If people would simply ignore them, they would run out of money, and fade away.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

EXACTLY, I wish people would realize this group of idiots are NOT Christians, they only think (in their simple minds) as a Christian myself I think this group will feel the wrath of the almighty when all is said and done!
As far as Slayer, I grew up with the Rolling Stones, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin, etc. but I like the newer stuff as long as it Rock, I liked Slayer and learned long ago that lyrics in a song don't always reflect how an artist really feels in their hearts.. it's like Alice Cooper recently said ("I am a Christian but I am also an artist and God and I know the difference between Alice Cooper the man and Alice Cooper the performer! He knows what is in my heart!") By the way, Alice teaches a Sunday school class at a church not far from me.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Being a life long metal head and watching these religious nuts stir up nonsense, weather it be at funerals like dios or outside colisiums. I would like to urge restraint from my slayer brothers. But if they deserve it MAKE IT RAIN BLOOD FOR FORTY DAYS AND FORTY NIGHTS!
r.i.p. Jeff

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join