It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ignorance and stupidity are going to KILL ME!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its rare a thread compels my comment these days as I chose against inviting ridicule in my opinion about the supposed subject matter of this site, which would be on the money if named;

"Flame All Who Believe Anything" AboveTopSecret

But I Digress, as, if nothing else this website is second to none for current world news and opinion. It's just not what it pretends to be anymore...But I said I would Digress...

To The OP;

I HEAR You Loud and Clear Friend.

My partner is very supportive in this stuff to the point where she has stopped looking at any form of news entirely as she can see right through it and the angles for which the stories are presented, and it worries her. We have three kids and she plans to just follow my lead if and when necessary. (Don't know what she expects me to do though? Presumably use my man boobs to deflect the bullets and my man muscles (??) to carry us all to safety over the bodies of sheeple.

My Uncle knows the score so when I started vicing my displeasure at about age 11, he was the only one who listened rather than looking at me wide eyed and reaching for the telephone. He is also a former Mason who didn't like where the garden path was going so he has seen and heard enough to be impressed by a young kid who already "Got It".

The Rest Of My Family? Asleep, and happy to be so. Like yourself, that includes my mother too, who, owing to a single parent/child family dynamic, is also one of my best friends. But she had both eyes shut as it is too much to open them and be all about the money to make the world go round on your own. I respect her for that, shame she won't respect me for being intuitive enough to see what to me is blindingly obvious, and becoming clearer by each passing week.

However, OP;

My experience and advice that comes with it;

First,

Stop shouting in Walmart. That is a sure fire way to be weeded out if the wrong person hears you. I realised that when at about age 14 I was looking at some music and clicking my fingers which used to be a sort of stress relief. Suddenly aware of my surroundings I noticed three different people, all unfamiliar with each other, looking at me like I was a raving lunatic; because I was clicking my fingers!

My point here; Anything not considered absolutely normal by the masses FREAKS THEM OUT and that's not a good thing sadly. In shops, as in everywhere else these days, you need be quiet, respectful, keep yourself to yourself, and do nothing that doesn't mirror at least 51% of those currently breathing the same air. Divide and Conquer despite color or creed at its finest.

Second, and the hardest to accept,

SMILE! You are AWAKE! ... But CHILL! It's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, if not already, you are running straight towards the anti-depressant/anxiety agenda, itself simply a form of attack, wonderfully marketed as "A Cure For Sadness. Helping Millions Not Give a # Each and Every Day".

Sadly, the mass programming/brain washing is incomprehensibly vast and resides in EVERYTHING. Furthermore, those who are AWAKE cannot just undo centuries work. School's teach "Programming Acceptance" methods to EVERY CHILD. The Art of Presenting it learned at University. One of Life's most beautiful "# You's" follows Higher Education as those considered too clever not clever enough for the University Segment now conduct all Job Interviews! Furthermore, so proficient now at "Niche Agenda-Furthering Presentation", they are the managers!

Its in every magazine, every advert, every cliche, every nursery rhyme, every fable, every history book, every Religion, every current event, and all others.

Being ABLE to KNOW and ACCEPT this even while others won't, really is the best we have FOR NOW.

It sounds defeatist, but it's simply realistic. Acceptance does help personal anger and frustration though.

Finally, HAVE FAITH !!

BTW, FAITH is not surrendering to a controlling, angry, judgmental, greedy, deity, offered as Master by "Hilariously transparent", "Praying on the feeble and abused", "Existing largely by nefariously influencing the weak-minded with Broken Promises that are never questioned for fear of Master's reprisal. The same Master making all the promises weirdly...NO, STOP THINKING, MUST WORSHIP!" and "The ridiculous Paradise/Heaven sham awaiting blind believers (and so continues a worldwide culture of accepting/doing all we are told one generation to another)" parasites masked as "Religion".

No, Faith in that crap only leads to bad things. (Why not worship Life and Each Other? Surely that would capture a true RELIGION!...Whatever, I Digress)

No, FAITH in the knowledge that those leading this little orchestra of evil are as stupid, naive, lazy, greedy and careless, as they believe themselves so successful at making US. And they are.

Sandy Hook/Boston are perfect examples. The 9/11 deception was too BIG for the masses, Survival Instinct negated reason

But TPTB are getting Sloppy. FAITH!
edit on 6-5-2013 by kaptabs316 because: Clarification

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Honestly, you need a hobby, and maybe some similar minded people. But, you have to remember, not everybody want's too hear about the doom and gloom of modern life. Everybody pretty much accepts that life sucks, but not everybody wants to hear about it.

My recommendation? Well, go to a burner event if you get a chance. It'll give you a chance to relax and be with some other people who are on the alternative side of life. I did just that recently and it was a nice re-charge.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by winofiend
Well, you're turning it all into a religion.

Gotta prepare for when you die, so's you can gets into my bunker, stop being sloth's, follow my lead, do this do that let me look after you, oh ye of little faith.

No one really likes the doomsday priest.

Maybe after you finish school, live to a ripe old age and never have to bug-out, it'll become clearer.

Personally, I don't see TSHTF happening unless it is globally catastrophic, and in which case, zombies and norks fighting in the streets won't be something to worry about.

We'll all be space dust orbiting the sun.

Look at America from an objective point of view. A relatively young country influenced by nearly everyone else on the planet, in debt to lots of people, with a monstrous government.

We have every bit of potential to crash and burn in my life time.

If I'm wrong? Thank God.

If I'm not? I'm preparing for a reason, then.

Prepping can't lead you wrongly. There's a lot of other disasters that could happen that AREN'T doomsday related.

Prepping CAN lead you wrongly. You are sacrificing other things (time, money, effort, relationships) out of your concern for surviving/thriving disasters / SHTF situation / whatever. Let's say there is a 1% chance of "It" happening in your lifetime. Your preps *might* give you some degree of an edge in the post-apocalyptic world. If it does, you'll have to look back, based on what benefit it brought you, and decide whether the benefit was worth everything you went through to acquire/assemble/practice/develop your preps. Maybe it will be.

In considering this, you would want to then divide that degree of benefit by 100, so that you can measure that benefit in the 1% possibility that you need your preps in light of the 99% chance that you don't. Call it 50/50, 80/20, whatever, if you like - what is important is that you keep everything in perspective and try to think rationally.

My family has preps, but we don't take away from our lives to build them. Our food stores are impressive - but we use and replenish them regularly. We don't let our cars become unsafe by passing on replacing tie rods because we need the money for bunker parts. There are people who do. The idea of prepping for a SHTF situation overrides all enjoyment of the present and the world they are in, the people they are with. They'll slave away and never retire because they're spending and/our borrowing far beyond their means to feed their prepping obsession.

Honestly, I feel like such people shouldn't even want to survive the event(s) because by the time it happens, they'll have nothing - nothing but a bunker, some guns and ammo, and -in most cases- a bunch of spoiled food. Don't let that happen to you, keep an open mind, but live primarily for the now, and for the future as it will likely be: devoid of apocalypse, and full of life, love, and possibilities.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
An attention seeking, fear mongering drama queen, with a God complex.

You yell at people in Walmart about the government trying to kill them and wonder why people think you're crazy?

I'm trying hard to figure out if you're for real or just a troll. If real, stop forcing your beliefs on others and thinking your some type of savior. If stuff like ATS and InfoWars is all you do, you're future will be a sad one. Filled with people who will want nothing to do with you. Get outside and off the internet for a few days, weeks, months, or years.

You seriously need to unplug and stop listening to Alex Jones fear mongering BS. I understand how he pulls you in. Lots of us have fell for it, but sooner or later you WILL realize the man is a joke and doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself and the cash you give him.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
To everyone;

"Flame All Who Believe Anything" AboveTopSecret

Hear hear! I feel ya... only its everywhere, not just ATS.

I loved your entire post, it was very helpful and thought provoking.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Honestly, you need a hobby, and maybe some similar minded people. But, you have to remember, not everybody want's too hear about the doom and gloom of modern life. Everybody pretty much accepts that life sucks, but not everybody wants to hear about it.

I draw manga books. Its my passion. But sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not doing more eye-opening life-enhancing things than drawing and writing stories.

Prepping CAN lead you wrongly. You are sacrificing other things (time, money, effort, relationships) out of your concern for surviving/thriving disasters / SHTF situation / whatever. Let's say there is a 1% chance of "It" happening in your lifetime. Your preps *might* give you some degree of an edge in the post-apocalyptic world. If it does, you'll have to look back, based on what benefit it brought you, and decide whether the benefit was worth everything you went through to acquire/assemble/practice/develop your preps. Maybe it will be.

I wouldn't allow myself to become completely consumed in prepping. I have limits. The show Doomsday Preppers lets me know there are people wasting a lot more time and effort than me.

Some people just don't wanna hear it man and they'll NEVER get it, so it truly is a waste of your time. I had the same problem to some degree when I first got into all this stuff. After a while you'll probably get where I am and that's being content in your knowledge of the strings attached to everything. Cant help those around you if you aren't in a position to. Worry about getting yourself in the position to help others. Continue with you're schooling, no matter how asinine it may seem. A diploma is more useful than you probably think. Get you a good job, spend that money on things you know are useful, not some "All gold everything".

I wasn't planning on investing entirely in on gold. That's a bit of a stretch for me. My fiance and I are working on getting our car paid off and our own place, WHILE I'm doing school. It'll be worth it soon, though.

An attention seeking, fear mongering drama queen, with a God complex.

Oh dear, I tink I hurt someones feewings.

Alex doesn't get loaded off his Infowars money, dude. Do the research.

I don't care what your little opinion of Alex is, this thread had nothing to do with Infowars.

I'm trying hard to figure out if you're for real or just a troll. If real, stop forcing your beliefs on others and thinking your some type of savior. If stuff like ATS and InfoWars is all you do, you're future will be a sad one. Filled with people who will want nothing to do with you. Get outside and off the internet for a few days, weeks, months, or years.

Its people and attitudes like you, and your's, that keep humanity hopeless.

When did I say ATS and Infowars was the extent of my life? In fact... haven't I already stated that I'm prepping, finishing high school, paying off a car, looking for a place to live, AND drawing and writing my stories?

Stop thinking you're some kind of savior! Stop taking responsibility for children! Boo hoo!

Listen, I'm not putting myself on a throne. I'm worried, ALL THE TIME. Because I have kids around me, and I worry about their future in this world, because frankly... LOOK at this world.

I find it relentlessly hilarious you're responding just to call me names and whine about how I "think I'm a savior" when your note says;

Internet trolls have no lives. All they have is their computers to give them the ability to talk trash over the internet where they cant be touched. Cowards

You're pissy because YOU haven't done enough.

Whatever your goals are in life, you're angry at me because I'm taking the initiative to do the right thing, or as you say, "act like a savior," and I'm closer to my goals than you are to yours. You're angry at yourself for being less than you long to be, and anyone who ISN'T wallowing in their own pity and anger like YOU are is "acting like a savior."

Or, maybe you had one too many. Or perhaps you're just an empty, spiteful soul.

Oh, but there I go, speaking my mind and stating my opinions again...

Gosh, I must do something about that God complex of mine. Its simply intolerable, isn't it?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
They aren't paying for my school. I'm about to graduate high school, and got kicked out of my apartment, so I'm crashing with some family for the time being.

I'm grateful to them for a lot of things. But I left for a reason.

I don't want to be like them.

I'm still looking for a fine line between enlightenment and obsession. Haven't found it yet, obviously.

I can't enjoy anything. I know that sounds stupid, but I literally can NOT clear my mind enough to enjoy things.

Wow, you are smarter than I had figured.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just curious, are you annoyed when Jehovah's Witnesses knock on your door? Don't take it the wrong way, but you've become the same kind of person, people will not listen to you for the most part because you're annoying them. Most of the time, people just don't care, whether that is good or bad, I won't say. But, I will tell you to cool your jets a bit, nobody likes doom and gloom.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Just curious, are you annoyed when Jehovah's Witnesses knock on your door? Don't take it the wrong way, but you've become the same kind of person, people will not listen to you for the most part because you're annoying them. Most of the time, people just don't care, whether that is good or bad, I won't say. But, I will tell you to cool your jets a bit, nobody likes doom and gloom.

To ask me if I get annoyed over anything is like asking a cat if it meows. I get annoyed over anything if I'm in the wrong mood. I am one of those people.

I'm studying psychology, and there are theories stating that offending (or annoying) someone with facts or beliefs that differ from, and thereby, challenge, their own beliefs and what they know as facts causes them to think more profoundly about the topic at hand, willingly or not.

The term for their mentality is called belief bias.

Unfortunately, some people are so stubborn that they reject any questioning thoughts that arise in their heads until their dying breath, because the thought of their beliefs being wrong terrifies them beyond a spectrum they estimate their ability to handle.

Preserving a belief that has been discredited and proven wrong is called belief preservation.

The world needs eye openers, annoying or not. And, as I've said zillions of times before, ATS is the only ranting ground I have. If I feel strongly about a particular issue, you're going to see some heat from me, because my beliefs are strong and my will is unyielding.

Not saying I'm perfect, or that I'm always right. I'm always willing to understand when I'm wrong, and always egar to fix it. But passion is lacking in our society anymore, and you're not gonna convince me that my passion is wrong. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join