It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Athiests... Who Benefits From This?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

So you are saying because a belief system does not describe you as what you do in life for a living, say a high end Ferrari car salesmen, or the back lot junker carnival style swindler used car salesman would if attended the same congregation every Sunday (broke bread at lunch together every 9 to 5 same carlot) NULIFIES all life practices,

Bone75
First off... if you would simply apply your obviously superior labeling skills to anything I've written in this thread, you would realize that I AM agnostic and your Christian bashing sarcasm isn't warranted or necessary. I am not here to argue ALL of my talking points concerning what I think of "Christianity". I am here to discuss something that Jesus said. Did you read the passages? How do they benefit the church?
He is saying to pray alone, to not practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. These practices totally contradict what is practiced today, therefore if I choose to believe that Jesus was who he said he was, then I'm going to take what he said more seriously than some preacher with dollar signs in his eyes.

First, I dont label (thankyou for acknowleging a superior skillset) Second of whys: does it matter if you are an angry agnostic gnostic (first clue gnosis is hiding in the closet). Christian bashing; if you only knew whom I live with and who I actually am. Sarcasm is not my genre/game (one note meaness) more SATIRE, IRONY and Sardonisim. There is no arguement here but you made a bold try to manufacture one. Im still waiting for Jesus to show up for the cocktail party I invited him to for the last 1900 years. I know he drinks wine. Its your call, thats the point, forget the preachers its allways been about YOU and your comfort levels regarding your belief system (you define them by the way IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOUR CALL). I will unwind this for you.

edit on 12-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join