It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need Jesus

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Correction to thread title : "Some Need Jesus, Some Need Thor"

Originally posted by TheFriendlyDragon

Originally posted by backcase
I could never save myself, as I am surrounded by sin.

Jesus keeps me afloat.

Me too! (I am a Christian.) But beware--few people share our sympathies. Expect to get a lot of railing for this thread.

One should garner inner strength, in the face of all adversity. And standing in the face of my witty one liner at the top; any way in which a person feels they can overcome their maladies and achieve what they would deem a healthy life is their own way forward to the grave. Save yourself and you save the world. But no one need be persuaded to follow you and you need not seek validation for your beliefs from the minds of others.

If there is a spiritual war going on, I need not worry about it... I am alive now, in the living world, I can only influence the present. To quote Mark Twain "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." point being, let your worries die and your dreams live today, and like that crazy elf lookin', glitter-gloved, moon-walker sang about... make it a better place
(

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I, also, had difficulty with the title originally. I now like it, but I think for a different reason than the OP.

Look what ATS is all about, denying ignorance, and finding the truth. Scientists, and philosophers hunt for the truth. Artists in several media try to express the truth they hear or see. It seems that there is something in us, driving us to find the truth.

In that way, I think the question of Jesus is essential to us, we need Jesus. We have to find out if he is the truth which we are all searching for. We have to know, we need the truth.

I'm sorry for those who think this is all unimportant. How can we turn from exploring this question and determining the truth?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Whit is in my last name. Literially. Lol. My family is Christian on both sides steming to england than to ireland and scotland, With plently of my family memebers having political influence as priests/druids.

It gets tricky trying to follow the family tree since last names wernt really recorded before the domesdaybook.
Everything else beyond then is fairly difficult to follow.

I told people what's up. Without creating a wall of text. Some people will stumble on the trail i left behind others will not call it a trail at all.

But i know what i know as solid. This is totally random. but my mom was 19-21 when she had me. She was going to rename me after my uncle robert. But my uncle was there and said hell no don't give him my name. Call him chris or something. And that is how i got my name. Chris or something. -_- People honestly don't take anything seriously anymore.

She should of called me Kronos whitt lol. i recently turned 22 last april on the 21st

People are expecting Jesus to show up. But they just might get Christos instead.

Killing a couple kings 21 times dosn't sound to bad. It could make up for all the terrible birthdays iv had.
I don't even care anymore. What ever it takes to get people to believe me about this vision i had and the message iv been quested upon by Yahweh of Orion (anubis) To spread the word. Later, i will turn in my quest for xp and rewards. Then my RPG experience will excilate into an action Real time Strategy.
It will be like all that training playing command and conquer will pay off.
So will all the reading random facts and being a whirlwind of information where ever i go.

Most peoples brains are asleep, just in drone mode. Food, sex, fun, maintence rinse repeat.
Not my kind of life. Hey, if my whole life ends up being an elaborate joke. Il spend the rest of my days planting the earth and inventing new methods of terra forming deserts and harnessing the power of oceans and currents to relay new irrogation systems, i think most people are in it for the money but i wouldn't really care. This world is scarred and it needs to be healed.

damn owls, have no respect for nature.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

No, OP, WE don't need Jesus. You and some others who can't handle the existential facts need him.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I love existential facts, they're the yummiest.

Seriously, though, where do you go when the existential facts are insufficient? Do we just say "Well, guess we'll never know?" Some believe that not all truth can be weighed on a lab scale.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kijne

Originally posted by MaMaa
In all my 38 years I have never come across anyone who could convince me why I need religion or Jesus. The entire thing is so completely nonsensical that I find it hard to believe, let alone accept on faith.

That's fine if that is your choice. But someday you just may need to call on Jesus. Maybe someday a loved one will be sick and will a need a miracle to be made well again..perhaps a child of yours or a spouse or sibling or maybe even yourself. I hope something like that never happens to you but if it did wouldn't it be nice to call on someone who will be able to provide that miracle?

Oh you mean like when my daughter was sick and then later died? or when I lost friends in car accidents, and family to cancer? I have been in those positions of needing a miracle many times, guess what didn't happen? A miracle!

These things did happen and belief in Jesus never once stopped any of it from happening or helped me cope in the aftermath.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Didn't you know? God stopped performing miracles once we invented cameras. He couldn't allow us to believe in fact-based evidence, he had to make our belief be based on faith and faith alone. Those who want evidence? Tough luck, they'll just have to settle for eternal torture, but god still loves them.

edit on 6-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No thanks, my common sense works just fine! I do wonder what happened to yours?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I think you need to change the thread title to "I need Jesus".

IRM

I think the idea is for the hope of something infinitely better within the context or framework of the brotherhood of man.

WE do need a new context to live into and for, and Jesus is the perfect model of authentic leadership in this regard.

So much ignorance..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From another thread but I think it belongs here as well for consideration.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

reply to post by randyvs

The extreme irony here is that in the lead up to the defining moment, it was all "Yesssssssssss!"

I realize not everyone fully understands, although I think some might appreciate it, but that right there ^^^ is about THE funniest spiritual joke I've yet told here at ATS, although it's not my story per se even though it's one that has been directly communicate by God in and through the love of Jesus, to yes, even me whereby we're all included as part of the same human family, a family which no power or principality can exclude from the love of God by the power of the cross - what a marvel!

It's as serious and far reaching in it's implications and significance, as it is the funniest thing ever, with the triumph handed over to mankind in spite of what might have been the very worst form of jealousy in the entire cosmos, so while the joke's on us, it's also on everyone from here to kingdom come!

reply to post by randyvs

Darth Vader represents the enemy..

Call it a reverse sting operation or a double bind hoodwink at the expense of the evil one conceived and at some level carried out from the origin of creation, with absolute foreknowledge as to what would be required, on the one hand and absolute blind ignorance on the other which just didn't see it coming until it was too late.

"Yessssssssss" while observing and driving Jesus to the cross, and "Nooooooooooo!" once Jesus was there with the final realization dawning that this was God's plan from the beginning of time.

Someone got hoodwinked, and something ended up in a double bind, and that it's the worst aspect of human nature within or wicked PTB without doesn't diminish the possibility for humor at the expense of a failed evil.

edit on 6-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree with your thread completely. I hope there are not too many who take it the wrong way. I wish you strength in dealing with all the atheists and agnostics who will now attack you.

The humble Christian always has been attacked by these people. Its always the same reason--they get mad because you burst their bubble. In anger they insult, and in history they would kill.

If you want to see what true courage is look to how many early christians died under the Roman empire. And now how different is the multinational bank system from ancient Rome?

Its amazing how humanity can love to hate something that truly is not evil, yet manage to love all that is truly evil, but puts up a good feel good show.

S&F

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

what facts do you want. I know both the identies of Satan and God. I know the plan that is on both sides.

I am aware of what is going on and what will go on and i do have evidence for it but when i present it. People just say, oh well those are myths.

Atlantis was a myth until we found it.
And i was preaching about that crap long before it was spotted.
I knew the evidence will surface and will continue to do so only briefly. Things are excellerating and the prophecy is picking up speed.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
I agree with your thread completely. I hope there are not too many who take it the wrong way. I wish you strength in dealing with all the atheists and agnostics who will now attack you.

The humble Christian always has been attacked by these people. Its always the same reason--they get mad because you burst their bubble. In anger they insult, and in history they would kill.

If you want to see what true courage is look to how many early christians died under the Roman empire. And now how different is the multinational bank system from ancient Rome?

Its amazing how humanity can love to hate something that truly is not evil, yet manage to love all that is truly evil, but puts up a good feel good show.

S&F

Disbelief is not the same as hate. Christians as well have attacked and killed in the name of their religion so it is difficult to have any real sympathy or understand a religion that has committed so many atrocities in it's name.

I don't hate anything or anyone, I simply disagree and do not share the same beliefs.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Originally posted by MaMaa

Disbelief is not the same as hate. Christians as well have attacked and killed in the name of their religion so it is difficult to have any real sympathy or understand a religion that has committed so many atrocities in it's name.

I don't hate anything or anyone, I simply disagree and do not share the same beliefs.

Humanity in general were more destructive back then. Religion was the excuse to hide behind. There are still those doing harm and now they don't even care to hide behind religion.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Funny how you got his name wrong. The word you are looking for is Yeshua.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenacious8

ding ding ding ding.

Now answer the other 2 questions right if you don't want us to repo your soul uhm i mean your car.

Lol kidding. Those questions are yours to answer not mine

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenacious8

Funny how you got his name wrong. The word you are looking for is Yeshua.

Perhaps you are right...

But His material name is not nearly as important as His spiritual Presence.

God's Life among You

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join