It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I did read your post, but the self-deprecation contained within it spurred my response.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If my brothera are anything like me, they have the humility to admit that they suffer and struggle in faith sometimes.

I am supporting my brothers' faith as Jesus nudges me to do.
edit on 063131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I suppose you think that my love is useless as it is a joke to you.
oh well! God knows me, He sees my heart and I open it to Him.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Akragon

I suppose you think that my love is useless as it is a joke to you.
oh well! God knows me, He sees my heart and I open it to Him.

Now why would you assume that?

I am playful by nature.... and as a matter of fact... I love that comic...

I posted in your thread because I thought it was relevant... Don't you?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I do not like jokes about Jesus for some reason.

This is a serious thread, I am a very serious person and I find it belittling when my words are not taken seriously. I force my ways on no one, but a little respect and love for fellow man would be nice, and love for Jesus my desire and hope.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I do not like jokes about Jesus for some reason.

This is a serious thread, I am a very serious person and I find it belittling when my words are not taken seriously. I force my ways on no one, but a little respect and love for fellow man would be nice, and love for Jesus my desire and hope.

Geez... lighten up man...

Did you actually read it?

That comic is a play on the footsteps story... You said in a few of your replies that Jesus "keeps you afloat"

A story that always stuck with me...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you for that thread, it was very nice for you to share that.

But honestly, I have no room for folly in my mind lately.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Thank you for that thread, it was very nice for you to share that.

But honestly, I have no room for folly in my mind lately.

Well I suppose that is good... but why would something humorous cause you to stumble?

Does a man build his house on the sand, or on the rock?

Stick to the gospels its pretty simple...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am not stumbling, but sort of intolerant due to some personal issues. A bit wounded and quite a bit blessed. I read the Gospels but I live my life with God, I feel it is more important.

What I wrote in the OP was actually inspired by the gospel. You know the Jesus walks on water story? of course you do.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I am not stumbling, but sort of intolerant due to some personal issues. A bit wounded and quite a bit blessed. I read the Gospels but I live my life with God, I feel it is more important.

What I wrote in the OP was actually inspired by the gospel. You know the Jesus walks on water story? of course you do.

Don't let intolerance take you my friend... Jesus had quite the sense of humour...

And just so you know... I know every word the man spoke... within the bible and in other texts...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you have not read the Poem of the Man God you do not know every word.

Besides. Much of His life is not recorded.

My sense of humor is very dry and less than holy, Jesus would not approve.

EDIT:

I noticed you wrote "every word the man spoke".

I believe that Jesus is God and every word He spoke was a word God speaks to us.
edit on 073131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Alright alright.

Now. Where in the Bible does it state that "worry" is a sin?

This is really bothering me. As, I'm pretty sure if there's a God, that God made me - the worrying, caring, sensitive, sentimental optimist that I am. Where does it state that "worry" is something apart from that which God made?

Thanks,
Cirque
edit on 4-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: punctuation

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

How can people put any type of faith into a supposed 2000 year old son of an eternal being? Honestly still doesn't make any sense. What makes the Viking, Greek or Indian gods any different then Jesus? In terms of validity they have about the same to me.

Just because it happened 2000 years ago in the desert and ended faster than it started, doesn't mean it isn't true.

As far as the Viking, Greek, and Indian gods as well as other deities go--they aren't even really Gods. On closer examination you'll find that they're just a bunch of greedy, bratty, bickering children with superpowers. There's nothing omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent about them. They're logically inconsistent, they're finite, they're not eternal, they can die, and the universe created THEM rather than THEM creating the universe.

I'm not even making an argument that backcase is correct. But what I am saying, is that if you're gonna argue against him, you need better arguments.
edit on 4-5-2013 by TheFriendlyDragon because: fixed typo

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If you have not read the Poem of the Man God you do not know every word.

Besides. Much of His life is not recorded.

My sense of humor is very dry and less than holy, Jesus would not approve.

EDIT:

I noticed you wrote "every word the man spoke".

I believe that Jesus is God and every word He spoke was a word God speaks to us.
edit on 073131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Well you believe whatever makes you happy...

Jesus wasn't God, that much is obvious... but im not about to argue that point an derail your thread... I tire of that argument....

The poem of the man God is a fabrication from a much much later time my friend... but whatever, believe what you will...

edit on 4-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Alright alright.

Now. Where in the bible does it state that "worry" is a sin?

This is really bothering me. As, I'm pretty sure if there's a God, that God made me - the worrying, caring, sensitive, sentimental optimist that I am. Where does it state that "worry" is something apart from that which God made?

Thanks,
Cirque

Worry is not a sin... that silliness comes from the doctrine of some fanatical church sect...

So worry not...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your so funny.

I added you as a friend, so I don't lose track of you. Your such a doll.

Thanks Akragon.

Cirque

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I answered it with reason and without quoting, but if you insist.

Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Luke 12:25 And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his span of life?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid

Luke 12:24-24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Also, about worrying being a sin: it's not.

However, the Bible does say there is no need to worry.

Have I not commanded you be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9.

I memorized that verse in Sunday school when I was little. I still remember it perfectly!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Alright alright.

Now. Where in the bible does it state that "worry" is a sin?

Thanks,
Cirque

Worry is not a sin... that silliness comes from the doctrine of some fanatical church sect...

So worry not...

I say it is a sin because it fosters degeneration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join