It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they allowing this in our food?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

I only read the OP, have not read any of the other posts.

Real sugar never killed anyone. It is the processed foods, and sodas, and all the other junk food that people eat.

We need to be more concerned about GMOs and high fructose corn sugar. That is the stuff that is killing everyone. Including the bees.

Geez, watch Genetic Roulette.

We need to eat whole foods. Now that I am thinking about it that sucks too. Our meats are fed GMO and antibiotics and other chemicals. # it is almost like we can't even eat anything anymore.

That is it!! I am gonna off myself.

LOL jk.

What is a poor girl to do??

edit on 5-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why are they allowing this in our food?

when the first light bulb was put into use,. it was
discovered by its investors that it was not a good long term
sales item,. because it simply was made too well.. so defects were built in
to shorten its life,. thus creating better sales.

Razors were created to sell shaving cream,. then throw away razors were created
Better sales.

the point is,. Money.. sugar is money and all companies involved in the industries
are makin huge profits off it even the FDA

And yes,. Doctors sell you diabetes meds and the dental industry fixes your teeth, repeatedly
As it has been said in the past

Money IS the root of all evil.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Why oh why are they allowing so much sugar to be digested by people every day?

Better this than Aspartame! At least sugar CAN be digested unlike the poison that is Aspartame..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sugar isn't the largest culprit in diebetes cases, its fried foods. The large amount of carbohydrates you eat from fried foods turns into sugars in your stomach. You can research this if you'd like.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you're abjectly dumb enough to ingest crap like that, you deserve diabetes.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Dumbspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa

Hmmm ... there is sugar in confectionaries? We better inform the press!!!

Seriously though ... natural or not; how do you plan to make a sugarless jelly bean? Sugarless skittles? really? Sugarless non-diet soda?

I mean stuff that actually tastes good, and doesn't have aspartame.

They have made leaps and bounds with some stuff, like diet mountain dew, they do have some sugarless candies or use splenda or whatever that calorie-less sugar is.

In fact, Sugar is naturally occuring.

Here, let me drop this site on you, for your to realize it isn't as bad as you think:
How Much Sugar in Fruit?

What you need to be concerned with, more than anything ... is teaching yourself, and your family ... moderation. That is right, (nearly*) all things are fine, in moderation. (*I don't suggest hitting your head against a wall in moderation)

The reason why some of those things are considered 'healthy' (healthful, would be the accurate term), is because of the vitamins and minerals put in it. And the stuff on that board, MOST of it is not considered healthful ... the cereal, yes, and I see nothing wrong with 'sweetening' the deal. I put sugar on my cereal my self, if it isn't sweetened, I see no worries ... Ever made kool-aid? I don't recall parents complaining about the amount of sugar they personally put in that 3 decades ago (which was quite a lot, even for me, a sugar junkie).

Getting upset because you never properly read a label, or understood the base of a product (hint, most hot wing/buffalo sauce is hot sauce, butter, and seasoned to taste (garlic, etc)).

As Arolexion stated ... sugar itself isn't a problem ...
it comes down to our eating culture, and currently, carbs are insanely readily available in mass quantities and relative low cost; add to the addiction of fried foods and fast foods and you see our epidemic. You should be more wary about how much starch you and your family consume, than how much sugar.

If you didn't realize M&Ms and confections in general were sugary, then you will be shocked at the amount starch you consume a day, in all the various forms it meets you ...
Foods That Contain Starch

If you eat 'smart' ... as in, consume a balanced nutrition intake for the day ... get all the vitamins and minerals you need, enough protein and fat ... and the rest of the calories in starch/sugars ... while also keeping to at least a minimum amount of physical activity in your day ... you will be fine.

If you sit around eating pasta and jelly beans all day, while the most activity you have is moving from your chair to the 'throne'; you have more than just diabetes in your future to worry about.

Take care.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't see the harm in posting the photo if for no other reason than a graphic to show the enormity of it all. Most people don't register grams or ounces against the visual and the poster did a fine job of that. I agree that things ought to be taken in moderation, but the industry is heaping inordinate amounts of this stuff into foods. Fact of the matter is, there's an obesity problem, even among impoverished, so a little education and information certainly isn't going to hurt. No need to get hostile.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
Fact of the matter is, there's an obesity problem, even among impoverished, so a little education and information certainly isn't going to hurt. No need to get hostile.

One might argue that if one were truly impoverished, one could not also be obese.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The worst thing in the UK, is how much supermarket shelf space is allocated for sugar based products.

At least one aisle will be for the 2-litre and 3-litre bottles of fizzy drinks. Another aisle will be for jumbo packets of crisps one one side and mini-packets on the other. Though there were some novelty crisps made from baked apples and pears.

Then if you go into the bakery section, they'll have sugar glazed dough-nuts, Batterburg cakes, meringues, iced muffins. Then in the cooking section, there are jumbo bags of brown sugar and pure refined white sugar.
Even milk will be chocolate flavored with more sugar. Then breakfast cereals are sugar coated like Frosties.
(Though All-Bran with a couple of teaspoonfuls of sugar was my favorite breakfast meal during my college days).

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Originally posted by lynxpilot
Fact of the matter is, there's an obesity problem, even among impoverished, so a little education and information certainly isn't going to hurt. No need to get hostile.

One might argue that if one were truly impoverished, one could not also be obese.

How true. My own poor choice of words.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

It amuses me that the people upset about this are also probably upset by the potential ban on large soft drinks. People should be responsible for what they eat.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by bluloa

It amuses me that the people upset about this are also probably upset by the potential ban on large soft drinks. People should be responsible for what they eat.

Couldn't agree more, in any case without sugar or salt you would pop your clogs. You also need to maintain your acid/alkaline balance, and some form of exercise is also advisable, there is no need to go mad about it though. A decent walk is as good as anything else.

edit on 5-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Two words...

Corn Subsidies.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join