It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Bomb Syrian Weapons facility?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Consider the motives for a minute. On the one hand you have a failing Syrian government desperate to fight against the FSA, and we have already seen large amounts of weapons beginning to fall into the hands of extremist factions within the FSA. If Israel chose to attack now, and Assad is not crying about it, what are the chances that the targets were not the Syrian government forces but a rebel faction that could not be relied apoun to keep the weapons they just seized, or were about to seize, in Syria.

In my view I think Israel would hold their fire until they thought the weapons facility in question was looking like it was about to 'change' hands into the less 'friendly' rebels. I wouldn't be surprised if the attacks were in fact called in by Assad or rival rebel factions in order to prevent the nasties from getting their hands on them and shipping them to Hezbollah in Lebanon who have the capability of loading them on missiles and lobbing them over to border to Israel.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Only new I can get on this is on the fox new website

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Only one country will come out on top when this all plays out... The U.S. Funny how that works, and it just goes to show that having a neutral stance while maintaining the most influence is by far the most beneficial angle to have. When this is over we might just have to give a little more credit to those that we have been criticizing the most...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The United States believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria, two U.S. officials tell CNN.

U.S. and Western intelligence agencies are reviewing classified data showing Israel most likely conducted a strike in the Thursday-Friday time frame, according to both officials. This is the same time frame that the U.S. collected additional data showing Israel was flying a high number of warplanes over Lebanon.

One official said the United States had limited information so far and could not yet confirm those are the specific warplanes that conducted a strike. Based on initial indications, the U.S. does not believe Israeli warplanes entered Syrian airspace to conduct the strikes.

Both officials said there is no reason to believe Israel struck at a chemical weapons storage facilities. The Israelis have long said they would strike at any targets that prove to be the transfer of any kinds of weapons to Hezbollah or other terrorist groups, as well as at any effort to smuggle Syrian weapons into Lebanon that could threaten Israel.

The Lebanese army website listed 16 flights by Israeli warplanes penetrating Lebanon's airspace from Thursday evening through Friday afternoon local time.

The Israeli military had no comment. But a source in the Israeli defense establishment told CNN's Sara Sidner, "We will do whatever is necessary to stop the transfer of weapons from Syria to terrorist organizations. We have done it in the past and we will do it if necessary the future."

cnn.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This would be the second airstrike by them this year already. It may be heating up

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Why did they have to violate lebanon's airspace to bomb syria? Couldnt they just go through the golan heights or am I missing something?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
initially I thought the U.S. was going to intervene when the reports of possible use of chemical weapons in Syria was discovered. I am wondering if this latest development will be downplayed by MSM.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The Washington Post

I found an additional source.
This article seems to say it did happen.
Assad must be madder than a wet hen.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hopefully Iran will not get dragged into this, but if they do I'd hope the US would not get involved with the israeli terrorists again.
Just let israel fall so we can see some peace in the ME.
...Master race...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Hopefully Iran will not get dragged into this, but if they do I'd hope the US would not get involved with the israeli terrorists again.
Just let israel fall so we can see some peace in the ME.
...Master race...

Those were the nazis man... they are the Chosen Ones.

Yea I know... its hard to keep track of all the special people out there

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Couple of problems with your thought of peace in the ME if Israel fails:

1. Hasn't been peace in the ME for hundreds of years preceding the formation of Israel so what makes you think that there would be after Israel fails?

2. If Israel was about to fail they likely launch a sizable fleet of nuclear missiles. Guess then there would be a little peace but you wouldn't like it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by g146541

Couple of problems with your thought of peace in the ME if Israel fails:

1. Hasn't been peace in the ME for hundreds of years preceding the formation of Israel so what makes you think that there would be after Israel fails?

2. If Israel was about to fail they likely launch a sizable fleet of nuclear missiles. Guess then there would be a little peace but you wouldn't like it.

1. Nothing. Its like... Faith! We take that chance. If it doesnt work, hey... didnt work! Least we tried.

2. Yes but there would still be no israel. You are so negative. Everything has two sides. You have to think on the positive side of things. Besides "no pain, no gain", there hasnt been any human breakthrough without its share of sacrifice. Its for the sake of mankind! Think of the children. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Jefferson forgot "psychopaths" here...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Me negative? You say let millions die because, well, "no pain no gain" A little sicko

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

Me negative? You say let millions die because, well, "no pain no gain" A little sicko

You say we should let them do whatever they want because they will unleash a massive nuclear holocaust... what is this? Is Israel holding the World hostage or something?

Last time I heard we didnt negotiate with terrorists.

EDIT: and of course you should read my post with a bit of sarcasm.
edit on 3-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Its called MAD and the world has been living with it for 60 years. It simply means that you have to be a better and smarter strategist.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Don't be so sure the US will fair well when Israel gets attacked . Iran plans to EMP us so that we will not be able to help Israel . The other thing is that the USA will probably be hit when Russia gets involved .

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ironically Iran plans to start a global nuclear war to bring back their Mahdi . Thats is Ahmadinajads goal with the Nuclear program . Stupid isn't it .

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Chemical weapons of mass destruction that Syria now has likely came from Saddam Hussein . We gave them to him so the chemical weapons were ours . And we are condeming them ?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by g146541

Ironically Iran plans to start a global nuclear war to bring back their Mahdi . Thats is Ahmadinajads goal with the Nuclear program . Stupid isn't it .

Yeah I've been told this time and again by the media and their cohorts.
But I have never seen proof in any form, no aggression either.
What I have seen is terrorist israelis and americans over there doing their absolute best to destabilize and genocide a number of countries.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Where the hell are you getting your information from? So much wrong with your last 3 posts here

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join