It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Pounds of Explosives Stolen From Montana Bunker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
Evidently these types of explosives can be stuffed into rock and may be like jelly. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. Seems that lots of things are being blown up the last couple of months or at least in the media more so let's hope this was some dumb kids who are thinking 4th of July and not another planned terrorist plot. I don't see this being a construction worker who needs it for a job site or even someone who would sell on the black market. I'm sure they are traceable. It feels like mischievous kids or a rogue intent. Maybe the USFS shouldn't leave stuff like this around unsupervised or more well locked up. Or they didn't feel it was a highly dangerous amount so weren't too worried about it? Good find on the info though.

I worked for 7 years on an aggregate surface mine ( rock quarry ) where I was the guy responsible for pushing the button on our detonations. These explosives are kept in heavily built magazines on the site and locked at all times. An inventory must be taken once a month. It's not something taken lightly, I can assure you. The magazines are placed in a remote spot of the job-site away from other operations.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
NOBODY ASK WHY THE U. S. FOREST SERVICE HAS ALL THESE EXPLOSIVE TO BEGIN WITH... no, we just need to know who stole the explosives. GOVERNMENT CAN STOCKPILE AMMO AND EXPLOSIVES... we can't buy fireworks.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

HUh, thank you for that, too bad the camera was a bit late on the explosions.

Anyway it does not look as bad as it sounds. I mean it would be devastation for a single building but at least not strong enough to take out a city block or something right?

Lots of smoke however...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeislie

I think they use them for tree removal, rock and such. My Grandpa worked on the old SFRailroad through the CCC back in the day. He was not part of explosives, he worked with pick and shovel for the most part.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

They need it for basic tasks like removing large boulders/tree stumps etc and like most people you keep what you should need near you...so if they need to blow up x amount of crap a year then they should have roughly that amount of explosives to do the job....people would complain if it cost millions extra a year due to the fact that every time they needed to pop even a small boulder they had to have some guy drive half way across the country just to deliver 2lb of explosives

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"Nuclear incident drills to start Monday across Montana"

www.greatfallstribune.com...

The 500 pounds of explosives could work into this drill just like "Boston, Sandy Hook, etc."

And also, "This further corroborates Pamela Rae Schuffert's warning about a nuclear attack on May 5th or 6th"

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRJ58

Good find

That is kind of interesting...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
At first I thought an attack on a reactor in that area would not be too devastating due to low population density, but now that I think about it, it would make the agriculture in many parts of the USA unfit for human consumption which would lead to food shortages and increased prices for food. This would affect Canada as well.

This is only if they were successful in actually blowing up a reactor.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Now this is a bunker, containing explosives. Why is it not monitored, and why is it not more secure than it was? Was there not video equipment that would take pictures and record? One would think that such would be required for something like this.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

They need it for basic tasks like removing large boulders/tree stumps etc and like most people you keep what you should need near you...so if they need to blow up x amount of crap a year then they should have roughly that amount of explosives to do the job....people would complain if it cost millions extra a year due to the fact that every time they needed to pop even a small boulder they had to have some guy drive half way across the country just to deliver 2lb of explosives

They could send in a drone with a hellfire missile and blow the boulder. That would be awesome! Squatch would crap his furry pajamas.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I live within an hour from Red Lodge and have so most of my life. I have spent A LOT of time hiking, skiing and camping all over the area and have never seen or heard of such a facility. I first heard of this last night on the local news before going to bed. I listened in shock thinking what the heck and why!

Besides what others have said about the USFS needing it to remove boulders, stumps and such It may also be used for avalanche control. The Beartooth Highway runs just North of Red Lodge. Lots of steep cliffs and crazy stuff there! I just cannot believe it was not better protected.

In the wrong hands there is an endless list of horrible possibilities. In some dumb hands the same. Either way I am not liking the turn of events and will stay vigilant.

Keep safe ATS family!
edit on 5/4/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRJ58

The 500 pounds of explosives could work into this drill just like "Boston, Sandy Hook, etc."

And also, "This further corroborates Pamela Rae Schuffert's warning about a nuclear attack on May 5th or 6th"

I couldn't access the article without a subscription, but in case anyone else has that problem, here's another very informative link: Montana nuke training exercise to begin Monday

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRJ58

Well, as a Montana girl I'm definitely keeping my eye on this. Feels ominous. Hopefully it all amounts to naught

Fantastic and informative post as ever, Corruption Exposed.

edit on 4-5-2013 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Not to be a stick in the mud, but what does it mean to me? I mean, explosives? Easy to disarm from afar. Nukes? Same.

Give me something that is sci-fi then there is a real problem.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
2. What are their intentions?

Probably the best intentions to be sure.

No one with ill intent would ever use force to gain entry to forest service explosives storage.

Nice thing is that it shouldn't be too hard to track down who it was unless the park service marks their explosives storage well so even outsiders have knowledge of the explosives presence.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
In a past job I had, we had multitudes (more than one hundred) of one kilo bags of a product with a Dupont label that were stored in a bunker.

Problem is it was such a hassle to get in to the bunker, that we cheated and hid the kilo bags in locations where nobody would look, so we could save time setting up on the days we used it and not have to return unused product. Otherwise we'd have to drive to the bunker location and the way the wind blew in there would always be digging and cleaning of the entrance door as snow would find its way in even if there wasn't a recent snow. A personnel issue, that is management wouldn't want to have to hire somebody else to retrieve it and have it on the bench for our team when we arrived. I doubt it would happen today, but I wouldn't know.

This was not in the U.S. and was more than twenty years past, and then regulation was looked upon differently.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i wonder what these people are planing to do with the explosive

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join