It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News attacks the Boston Marathon official story.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Yes, but desperate times require desperate measures.
I wouldn't do it either, but I've met a lot of unscrupulous people in my days who would take the job without batting an eye.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I had to stop like 20 seconds in.....you're telling me this is the first time they had security guards looking for bombs?
I call B.S. on that one.

From what I can see(I'll watch more), they're just spinning the story with unsubstantiated claims.

Scratch that, I'm not taking it back.

Very clever what they did. Ok, if what the guy said is true, I'd like to see some audio that they said it was just a drill. They could've gotten anyone to say that....

The backpacks they mention are the dead giveaway it's fake.
Now if you take it at face value, it looks suspicious.....but HOW do you know that the backpack they show was the one involved in the explosion? I'd suspect a backpack that had a bomb in it would NOT look as in good condition as the one in the video. It'd be unrecognizable....but the backpack they show, looks like it had problems, but wasn't the cause of the blast.

Remember, RT makes a living off of this. See how they manipulated you?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I think you have it wrong as to what I presented in my OP. While I disagree with most of what you said, the intent of this thread was not to debate for or against but to present the video so that people can make up their own minds about what they have watched and do further, more detailed research if they are interested.

I respect your opinions but I do not share them.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

God damnnit I'm so sick of these comments! Think it's getting old? DON'T READ IT. Jesus Christ! Have people gone completely nuts? Martial law in America and "oh please don't talk about it... I don't want to think about it."

Anyone in there right mind should be seething with rage after what they saw in Boston.

Welcome to New America.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wonder if i would die if i climbed into a fiberglass boat and let someone fire a couple hundred rounds at me? I bet that in order for me to climb out is if somehow i was healed first.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69

God damnnit I'm so sick of these comments! Think it's getting old? DON'T READ IT. Jesus Christ! Have people gone completely nuts? Martial law in America and "oh please don't talk about it... I don't want to think about it."

Anyone in there right mind should be seething with rage after what they saw in Boston.

Welcome to New America.

Quite right. The bombing, although horrible no matter who perpetrated it only killed 4 people. Statistically speaking, it is completely insignificant even though it sounds cruel to say. What is far more troubling about this event is seeing the militarized response in the wake complete with armored vehicles, tanks and blackhawk helicopters, a complete lockdown and total suspension of the 4th amendment.

Look at the video, the pictures of the martial law event in Boston. I don't think you can honestly call the people involved police with a straight face, they were military trained officers in full tactical gear operating military equipment, in Boston. All in the name of national security in a manhunt for a 19 year old dumbass who can barely coherently type a Facebook message.

Anyone who condones this action and seeks to justify it because of small isolated pressure cooker bombs that killed 4 people may as well just lay down on the ground and guide the boot directly to the side of their head. This action was outrageous, uncalled for, illegal and caused far more damage to this country during a time of social and economical distress than the actual bombing ever could.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Helious

Please no more Boston Marathon stories....

MOAR Boston Marathon stories!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

i think theyr just p`d off because russia was implicated .. somehow

i dunno...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

I think you have it wrong as to what I presented in my OP. While I disagree with most of what you said, the intent of this thread was not to debate for or against but to present the video so that people can make up their own minds about what they have watched and do further, more detailed research if they are interested.

So I'm not allowed to explain how that video is full of #?

I pointed out how they manipulated the story. There's no opinion there. Now if you want to prove how the facts I presented are wrong, go for it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
good vid

one of the things for you/ us americans to remember and to ponder........these are the things that the other 6 billion plus people around the world see and hear,,,it dont matter what we all here in the states think and bark about...others around the world are seeing and hearing a different story, absentent of your questions and conjecture and statements of'how can you not believe the 'officale story' the world sees us in a different light than what the u.s govt wants you to thinnk that we live in....

the world laughs at our ignorence, even if you think that the rest of the world 'doesnt really know what is going on"

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

So I'm not allowed to explain how that video is full of #?

I pointed out how they manipulated the story. There's no opinion there. Now if you want to prove how the facts I presented are wrong, go for it.

Did I ever say you weren't allowed to explain anything? I understand your opinion is that the views expressed in the video are full of an expletive that I'm not completely sure why you felt was appropriate to use but then again, since we are using vulgar language, opinions are like a$h%#@ aren't they, everybody has one.

You may have pointed it out and that's great but you didn't perform a public service since multiple posts before yours including some of my own acknowledge that RT has other motives, agendas and uses spin to present their brand of reporting. Did you not read through the thread?

You didn't present any facts, you presented conjecture, poorly outlined and researched conjecture based on superficial observation. Further, as I have already stated, I have no motivation currently to debate the information in the video, I am still currently doing my own research into the subject matter before I make any solid judgment on my own beliefs, that is what I encouraged those who watched the video to do and is what I advise for you as well.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

most are just responding with emotion and forgeting that this it what the world is seeing...the world does not revolve around america no matter what americans think...the world sees something and hears something different than what americans hear...but we are so secure in our island, separated from the the world..that is untill we unlesh our military unto the world....

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You didn't present any facts, you presented conjecture, poorly outlined and researched conjecture based on superficial observation. Further, as I have already stated, I have no motivation currently to debate the information in the video, I am still currently doing my own research into the subject matter before I make any solid judgment on my own beliefs, that is what I encouraged those who watched the video to do and is what I advise for you as well.

Backpacks with a bomb having gone off in them don't look like that. That's a straight up fact. I could stop right here. Because that's the ONLY piece of physical evidence THEY have. And I've proven it to be BS. All the rest of that video is conjecture on their part...

There were hundreds of people there, and they have ONE guy saying they announced it on the broadcasting system that it was just a drill. Yet don't have any audio of it, nor any corroborating accounts. That would be huge news if they announced it was a drill, that would be unable to hide.

Don't make a thread if you're not ready to debate the point. Or at least STFU when people say counterpoints to the crap video you post, if you don't want to debate. You don't present a video then complain when people criticize it.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Backpacks with a bomb having gone off in them don't look like that. That's a straight up fact. I could stop right here. Because that's the ONLY piece of physical evidence THEY have. And I've proven it to be BS. All the rest of that video is conjecture on their part...

Your not a munitions expert, you don't work on a bomb squad and your not qualified to make that accusation, much less assert that it is a fact. I wish you had stopped right there, you are destroying your credibility with your ridiculous statements. Your use of all capital letters in specific words is an underwhelming argument for pure speculation that you alone have designated as fact somehow channeled to you by some higher power that imparts you with knowledge nobody else has. I guess congratulations are in order?
The only thing you proven as fact is your arrogance.

There were hundreds of people there, and they have ONE guy saying they announced it on the broadcasting system that it was just a drill. Yet don't have any audio of it, nor any corroborating accounts. That would be huge news if they announced it was a drill, that would be unable to hide.

Your sure there is only one person who claims this? Your absolutely sure? I don't know just yet but I will find out but you are saying it like it came straight from God so I want to be sure that you have done your due diligence in researching your claim, because pardon me, you haven't quite done that with some of your others.

Don't make a thread if you're not ready to debate the point. Or at least STFU when people say counterpoints to the crap video you post, if you don't want to debate. You don't present a video then complain when people criticize it.

Reading comprehension and rationalism is not your strong suite. I didn't make any "points" in my OP, I offered a video to watch and recommended people watch it and make up their own minds. I never criticized you for making any counter points because I didn't offer any points to dispute to begin with. I never complained about you criticizing anything, I honestly couldn't care less. Your free to have your opinion or say whatever you want, your attempt at derailing the information that was presented in an honest fashion which encouraged people to use their own critical thinking because of your own biased political and social opinion is quite amusing and ineffective.

To sum up the retort. You have no facts, none at all, you have attacked me without reason or merit and made completely false claims about my intentions, words and the information in the thread itself. You are an irrational, angry individual who is trying to start a war of words based on misplaced emotion, political ideology and the false assumption that you can drag me down to your level. I can't limbo that low, so stick to the topic at hand.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Thanks for sharing. I tend to agree with you about RT. Overall this is just another puff piece directed at the growing conspiracy theory viewers. Not at all a bad thing as RT is what most would refer to as an alternative media outlet who will entertain just about any sentiment for propaganda's sake. I am not entirely dismissive of RT though. I take great entertainment in it and even have observed some class act journalism although rarely.

I am no expert on the Boston Attack but I do know that like many of familiar situations we never get the entire story or all of the facts and one can assume it's for secret reasons per the government more times than not. That's just how the US government functions whether it's a conspiracy or just to preserve security in a sincere manner. Nothing wrong with different view points but so many folks watch stuff like RT and believe everything they see and hear. That's what is dangerous and RT and the propaganda machine know this.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Flint2011 because: Typos

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I watched this RT report earlier tonight; as someone who often finds RT's coverage refreshing & informative. I've closely followed the Boston situation because I found the immediate and continued national reaction/ response by the government, media, and, in turn the collective American public to be greater than the act, almost like it was being exploited to be a far worse event than the numbers would merit. I also examined the response to and coverage of Boston compared to similar acts at very public American locations; interestingly enough the most similar event which caused greater destruction and a far greater danger to public safety has been essentially hidden from history ( Google: "Christmas bombing of LaGuardia Airport terminal in NY in December 1975" and you'll be shocked you never heard of it and understand what I'm pointing out). Currently I still have more questions than answers about the facts of the Boston situation and, while I lean towards theTsarnaev brothers being involved, I am quite troubled by the majority of the American public to be so adamant that they are guilty when no clear evidence and facts have been presented by officials to merit such strong beliefs of guilt.

That being said, I was quite disappointed in the several inaccuracies in the RT report. One I'll highlight was the Boston Globe tweet "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities.” RT's report claimed this tweet was posted before either explosion occurred when the tweet was made after both explosions occurred and the White House issued a statement on the bombings. This is a fact that is easily verified and RTdidn't spend 20 minutes of time to fact check it in order to present accurate information in this report. There were a few other, similar things that the RT report got completely wrong. Usually a fan of their work, in this case I was quite disappointed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Helious

Please no more Boston Marathon stories....

wow

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Italy was made famous
in world war one and two
for surrendering.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Remember, RT makes a living off of this. See how they manipulated you?

A living off being critical to the government to extreme levels where the BBC or CNN would never dare to go? There's no dis-information tactic or reverse psychology scenario where that's ever going to be beneficial for any government.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What did Ed Davis say?!? Actors????

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join