It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you doubt afterlife? reincarnation? ghosts or malicious spirits? then please, read this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
www.reddit.com...

this reddit thread has over 12,000 comments, many of them are anecdotal evidence of these aforementioned topics.

I DID just read all the comments on this page, and yes it took me many days of constant reading to get through, but some of the stories contained therein are absolutely astonishing.

after reading so many stories in one place there can only be two conclusions, everyone on there is lieing, or afterlife, reincarnation, ghosts really do exist.

I know there's already a thread discussing an article that was based off of this link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.ninemsn.com.au...

but that article only touch's on six! of the stories, so far no one on ats has actually linked to the original source and attempted to discuss the thousands of stories it holds.

of you are a skeptic of these topics, I challenge you to read through all the comments on that page, yes its a hell of a lot to read, but other then time what have you got to loose? your malformed opinion?

so many of the stories there are of children describing past lives, in many of them the narrator confirms ability to verify facts that couldn't have been known,

so many of the stories are of children describing ghosts or spirits, in many of them the narrator is able to confirm identities of past deceased individuals who meet the children's descriptions to details that they couldn't have known.

if youd like to tell some of your own stories then that's great and im sure many of us would love to hear them but it may be best to keep them to the thread that's already going in that direction

here in this thread id like to attempt to discuss some of the stories in this reddit thread previously not linked

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You're asking a non believer to go and click some link that contains sensational stories about ghosts and spirits?

Try harder maybe...

Is there a specific story you'd like to discuss, maybe one of your own? That's where the revelations are, not just reading random stories online. What are your experiences?

My experiences tell me that there are rational explanations for 99% of all claims, when I've had the chance to discuss them with the individuals themselves, given a chance to actually probe into what may be responsible.

I'm justsayin'

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I respect your opinion, but for those of us that have experienced phenomenon outside the norm....you can't convince most of us that there isn't more to life than what we see.
edit on 2-5-2013 by SinMaker because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
These can't be considered evidence for previous lives because there's so many possible explanations. How can you be sure the child hasn't heard something said by somebody else or on TV that influenced it, or that the child has been completely misinterpreted? Maybe some of the stories have simply been made up. You shouldn't believe something based on anecdotal evidence.

I've previously read a lot of these comments, and haven't come across any that undoubtedly points to anything supernatural.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker

I respect your opinion, but for those of us that have experienced phenomenon outside the norm....you can't convince most us that there isn't more to life than what we see.

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything... I'm just saying, with out some dialogue, with out a conversation and inquiry into the events, it's difficult just to believe that it's 'ghosts' or 'spirits'.

What is your experience?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

I respect your opinion, but for those of us that have experienced phenomenon outside the norm....you can't convince most us that there isn't more to life than what we see.

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything... I'm just saying, with out some dialogue, with out a conversation and inquiry into the events, it's difficult just to believe that it's 'ghosts' or 'spirits'.

What is your experience?

Forgive me, I didn't mean to sound offensive.

I've had more than several experiences that would scare the socks off of most of us. Typically, they were experiences that happened in an older home. Such as walking on the floorboards, water turning on (there are explanations for plumbing), lights going on and off and my most striking experience was a typewriter in my attic going off. An old timey one. I've rehabbed a dozen or so old houses while living in them.

Then there are the NDE's. I've had a bit of hard time in the last decade. I won't go into detail, but they are experiences that are beyond experience.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
These can't be considered evidence for previous lives because there's so many possible explanations. How can you be sure the child hasn't heard something said by somebody else or on TV that influenced it, or that the child has been completely misinterpreted? Maybe some of the stories have simply been made up. You shouldn't believe something based on anecdotal evidence.

I've previously read a lot of these comments, and haven't come across any that undoubtedly points to anything supernatural.

sounds like you didn't read more then a handful of them, dig deeper

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
You're asking a non believer to go and click some link that contains sensational stories about ghosts and spirits?

Try harder maybe...

Is there a specific story you'd like to discuss, maybe one of your own? That's where the revelations are, not just reading random stories online. What are your experiences?

My experiences tell me that there are rational explanations for 99% of all claims, when I've had the chance to discuss them with the individuals themselves, given a chance to actually probe into what may be responsible.

I'm justsayin'
so your opinion is details are being left out or missed,

like the other poster it sounds to me you havn't read more then a handful of them, dig deeper, many of the posts are very detailed, not leaving much room for follow up questions.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
OP, if your interested...I've been reading the following website:

www.yourghoststories.com...

It has over 12K stories that include every phenomenon known to exist. I'm also a fan of IANDS.org.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

OP, if your interested...I've been reading the following website:

www.yourghoststories.com...

It has over 12K stories that include every phenomenon known to exist. I'm also a fan of IANDS.org.

very interested yes thank you for the link I will attempt to read as many of them as I can

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by SpearMint

sounds like you didn't read more then a handful of them, dig deeper

Well I did. You can't post a thread and expect people to read thousands of comments then agree with you, post examples.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

no I really didn't expect people would,

I just ponder the mentality of subscribing to a skeptics opinion then refusing to put the time in to challenge your own beliefs.

I can understand people who say they don't know and are undecided because they don't have the time to research it for themselves,

I don't understand people who swear up and down that something such as this couldn't exist without researching it themselves,

anytime I find evidence that may contradict my own beliefs or opinions, im excited to look deeply into the matter as I love to reform what I know to fit with the truth,

im trying to better understand the people who hold beliefs or opinions that are not based on research whom refuse to look at evidence even anecdotal even when presented to them.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I'm quite happy to challenge my own beliefs, but only credible evidence can do that. Anecdotal evidence on a website shouldn't be counted as evidence, but even if it was I haven't seen any comments on that thread that couldn't be explained by something else.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

www.reddit.com...

this reddit thread has over 12,000 comments, many of them are anecdotal evidence of these aforementioned topics.

There is also this:

Peer-reviewed journal publications paranormal phenomena: www.deanradin.com...

and this

Evidence of the afterlfie: sites.google.com...

and this

Proof of ESP ncu9nc.blogspot.com...

Ask Redit as some other paranormal threads:

Glitch in the matrix stories: www.reddit.com...

What is the most mysterious/paranormal thing you've witnessed? www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

www.reddit.com...

I DID just read all the comments on this page, and yes it took me many days of constant reading to get through,

Could you put together a summary and link to it like ADrive or Box. Amazing work!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I'm a believer, and I don't need to read any of those stories (although, I probably will because I love reading everyone's experiences).
I have a thread here over 130 pages of members experiences, including my own:

And here is one of mine on reincarnation:

S&F for you, OP!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
People are afraid to die. Some people will believe anything that alleviates that fear, and will even go as far as to delude themselves.

Sure some people experience things, its just down to a matter of interpretation. I am not closed minded when it comes to things I cannot possibly know about yet, but science is often thrown out of the window in order to placate a fearful ego.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
People are afraid to die. Some people will believe anything that alleviates that fear, and will even go as far as to delude themselves.

Sure some people experience things, its just down to a matter of interpretation. I am not closed minded when it comes to things I cannot possibly know about yet, but science is often thrown out of the window in order to placate a fearful ego.

I think your right for the most part. We are looking for any shred of evidence that there is something more to life. It does give us hope and I'm not ashamed to admit that I read all things paranormal. Having experienced it as well gives existence big ole questions. There has to be more to this life.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I'm quite happy to challenge my own beliefs, but only credible evidence can do that. Anecdotal evidence on a website shouldn't be counted as evidence, but even if it was I haven't seen any comments on that thread that couldn't be explained by something else.

What would be evidence for you? You can't just use logic to understand a world that is anything except logical~ In retrospect your comments are very typical to the OP and is a prime example of how skeptics respond.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Stopped reading at Reddit. That place is the most retarded site on the internet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join