It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If USA Borders Were Closed What Would you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If there was a terrorist act or a disease outbreak, and we were all ordered not to leave the country airports were closed and we could no longer cross State borders, what would you do?

Would you accept this as a necessary evil as they protected us, issuing papers to anyone who received travel permission?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Its already the end of the world, why not just speed it up a little. I say we take out Cerberus.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartaocean
Its already the end of the world, why not just speed it up a little. I say we take out Cerberus.

Scratch the hellhound behind the ears he is a baby!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
If there was a terrorist act or a disease outbreak, and we were all ordered not to leave the country airports were closed and we could no longer cross State borders, what would you do?

Would you accept this as a necessary evil as they protected us, issuing papers to anyone who received travel permission?

I would just live my life as I usually do. I am a person who likes to stay put; loves their city; and enjoys staying home; so if the above did happen; it would not make much difference to my life.

However...I would be very concerned about why the borders were closed; and about my fellow human beings who need to travel for various reasons.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Throw a party? I mean if it's the end of the world.... LET"S PAR-TAY~

No more immigrants, no more books, no more Obama dirty looks?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I would just live my life as I usually do. I am a person who likes to stay put; loves their city; and enjoys staying home; so if the above did happen; it would not make much difference to my life.

However...I would be very concerned about why the borders were closed; and about my fellow human beings who need to travel for various reasons.

I actually think most people would do the same, go about their lives and accept any restrictions, unless there was food shortages or people were uninfected by a disease in one area and you were in a danger zone maybe.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No more cheap crap from China? Ohh Noes!!! We dumbed downed people here will have to learn how to build computers, cell phones, micro-chips, and iPods here in America. All over again.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The answer is quite simple...there will be nothing you could do. There would be road blocks at every interstate. What would you do? Are there any other options really?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Originally posted by sulaw

Throw a party? I mean if it's the end of the world.... LET"S PAR-TAY~

No more immigrants, no more books, no more Obama dirty looks?

But what if it is Sunday, and you're in New Albany, Indiana, and you ran out of alcohol. Because of Indiana Law, you won't be able to buy any more alcohol until Monday morning.

However, right across the river in Louisville, they don't have that stupid law. So do you just stay sober for the day, and wait until tomorrow, or do you swim across the Ohio River? lol

reply to post by thesmokingman

Originally posted by thesmokingman

There would be road blocks at every interstate. What would you do? Are there any other options really?

Plenty of other options, depending on where you actually are, and where you wanna be:

• Dirt roads through farmland.
  • Gravel roads through the country.
  • Canoe across the river.
  • Hike over the Mountains.
  • Mountain Bike over the hills.
  • 4-wheeler through the woods.
  • Dirt bike through the corn fields.
  • Walk.
    etc....

edit on 5/2/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
    link   

The answer is quite simple...there will be nothing you could do. There would be road blocks at every interstate. What would you do? Are there any other options really?

I agree and no I think not, no other options if that state was allowed to be reached.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

Plenty of other options, depending on where you actually are, and where you wanna be. Dirt roads through farmland. Gravel roads through the country. Canoe across the river. Hike over the Mountains. Mountain Bike over the hills. 4-wheeler through the woods. Dirt bike through the corn fields. Walk. etc....

In our area, we are blocked on one side by the Pacific. there is rivers with bridges on all roads, if they were gone there would only be through wilderness, but how many drones will be trolling the hill roads.

In the last few years buried sensors of some type were added to every road even the ones that go only up into the mountains to cross to the next valley. we would be the only real backroad option for anyone leaving the bay area Ca and some other large areas if they headed to Canada at least.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
    link   
    I would carry on as normal and read about your problems on the internet.

THIS is not America, please don't lump me into the same pile you sit on.

Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Char-Lee

From this Bekod in this thread.
    www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=16336401#pid16336401

Interesting and related:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and granted the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry. Many of the figures in the Iran-Contra scandal were part of this emergency contingent, including Marine Colonel Oliver North.

dmc.members.sonic.net...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
    link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Thanks.

It seems there may have already been practice runs to shut down internet and phones, now that would be isolated.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
    link   

Thanks.

THIS, is America.......No matter where you live, WE own YOU. If we have not been there yet, we soon will.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    Can't say it'd really affect me yet, though if I miss DragonCon, where I have to go out of state, well...then VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Seriously though, not much we could do. We're well beyond any point where we could stand up to enacted martial law. Idealistically, yeah, I'd be against it, but I'm not going to let an idea get me killed either. As long as my family and I still had our roof and food on the table, etc., I'd get through it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
    link   
    I dont thinks there much you could do, other than escape to the countryside and start an armed community. But even then thats easier for them to 'erase'... I dont know. Im starting to think its ALL moot.

I believe the US/UN is on a dynamic 50 year 'hard' plan with a 100 year 'soft' plan. Thats why we cant stop anything, or protect ourselves. Whats in motion has been being prepared for a very long time, while we are only able to react in real-time. They know this, and are taking full advantage of it.
    edit on 2-5-2013 by AnonLover because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

Well that's an ez one..... My Arse is swimming!
    Par~Tay on! No Beer? No problem!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
    link   
    What would I do, Have a party.....and stock up on things that I need to survie and watch the news and ATS on whats really going on. I don't travel anymore outside the USA and I would find Pat Bucanon and tell him thanks.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
    link   

Thanks.

THIS, is America.......No matter where you live, WE own YOU. If we have not been there yet, we soon will.

HA! I wave my dangly bits in your general direction....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join