It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister with gift rifle

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

You keep taking the discussion off firearms. I has said multiple times I am here to discuss firearms and the ownership of them. If you want to discuss the ownership of other things take it to another thread. I support the ownership of any firearms. I am not talking about other things only firearms. Why is it that difficult to understand? I do not care about cars, nukes, or whatever, that is not what I am here to talk about.

What does the ownership of other stuff have to do with guns? Can we talk strictly about guns or is that too much to ask? I am not here to talk about ownership of anything other than guns. If you want to discuss that fine, but stay on the subject of it.

I never brought up any subject unless it was brought up. How many times do I need to say that? Don't try to say I have been taking it to other topics when clearly I have been trying to discuss guns the whole time.

The average person is not looking to murder people for simple reasons. The only people who are murdering are for nefarious reasons. The laws are not changing the ratio of murder the punishment is. Lots of things are against the law yet people do them.

As for speeding the cost of being caught is always going up. Not once has the speed limit caused me to change my driving. Laws do not keep people from committing crime or there would not be shootings at places where there is no guns allowed. People are going to do bad things regardless of laws. Take a look at the world around you and stop pretending there is not mass crime globally.

I say we just agree to disagree and leave it. I want to talk about only gun ownership and the story at hand where as you do not seem to want the same discussion.

Raist

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

What you seem to "want" is to be allowed to make a series of baseless assertions in order to justify you getting to do what you like. That you are unable to absorb the implications of these, or even expose them to the most basic logic, suggests to me that indeed the discussion is at an end.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

These had to be some seriously ignorant parents. I'm from kentucky, but live in a populated area. There aren't really many, if any, large towns in the south. Honestly there are aome really back woods, ignorant hillbillies down there.

As for the gun being the 5 year olds.. don't taje that at face value. To you it may seem like they bought it for the kid and let him go nuts with it. In reality it wads likely a "this is your gun, but its dads til your old enough scenario." My friend gave his son a gun, but it wasn't his until much later. So I would say, bougjt for the kid whrn he got older, kept and used by the dad, and the parenta ignorantly kept it loaded and in reach of the child. Then again.. like I said, I've been through aome southern towns where almost everyone was related (not hyperbole) and you could hold your breath from one end of town to the other.

new topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join