It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I freakin love this gun billboard (features Native Americans)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Are you saying that the Government is going to do to the people, like that of what happened to the Indians?
When I look at the billboard that is the message I see.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Being a 1/4 Native American myself,I can tell you that though I'm liberal I'm totally against gun control.This billboard is NOT offensive at all.It speaks the truth of how this government is.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The older I get, the more I find out I didn't know about our family... I knew that even though I fill out form as White/Non-Hispanic, a missionary on my maternal grandmother's side of the family took a Maui wife. Last summer I found out she had Native American on her side of the family, also. I don't know which nation, though.

Like others have said, you only have to look at the treatment of Native Americans to see how well you can trust the gov't. Nobody ever taught me that Indiana had a branch of the Potawatomi Nation or that they were forced into their own version of the trail of tears. I learned that by accident a couple of years ago. There isn't even anyone left that speaks the language. Everyone either died or was assimilated...

edit on 30-4-2013 by CornShucker because: don't know how to delete post

edit on 30-4-2013 by CornShucker because: fixed typo

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Hey NavyDoc, nice to see ya. At least there is something we agree on.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Funny how making comparisons to when white man was invading a land to now when white has complete dominance over the land for centuries .

Also find it funny how the government down there is killing the country stripping away rights and treating every citizen as a criminal . driving a once great country into nothing more than a at best 3rd rate country . How many potus should be trialed with treason over the last 60 years ?

Hell ya got nuclear waste leaking down there and yet these fools will just walk away no charge or nothing . military have been testing chemicals on it's population you people don't care or care about your future or your childrens future , nah people rather polish their guns fantasizing about a revolution , or zombies or some one to break into your houses , any reason to get your gun off .

yet everyone still stand idly by . I highly doubt there will any revolution down there , that would require work and planning . No instead the country will be dead and worthless with a complete collapse . hell I bet if push came to shove many people would cower in fear .

To think this chump did this with out a gun , this chump has more ballz than all of the progun people here on ats .

ETA I was seriously considering if I was gonna post in here or not . but hell to much fun not to

edit on 30/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar
S&F for you!

Southern Cheyenne/Osage here and there's not one thing offensive about that billboard. Some people, whether they are pro or anti gun, just don't like indisputable truth put into the public's face. The message and the truth of that billboard cannot be denied.

Not to stray off topic, but I can't wait to see how all the folks who supported it and clamored for it are going to like the nationwide 'Indian Health Services' they're gonna get next year. THAT should be a real wake-up call, too!

Ha, I've been saying the same thing for the past couple of years about Obamacare, aka "Indian Health Service for All," but it's been falling on deaf ears. Well said SeesFar!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I plan on going to see that billboard this weekend...THUMBS UP! People ask why we need hi capacity assult rifles....yeah, there are not for hunting or fending off a home invasion. (though they probably would be effective for both) they are for the true patriots to keep a overbearing government in check. Laugh and don't believe that could ever happen, well to day it has happen a dozen times or more. God knows our government in America are WELL on there way with us now. Every wonder why FEMA camps look more like prisons to keep the inhabitants in, it's not a theme park people.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
Don't get me wrong here. I like the thread, and LOVE the billboard. And in the big scheme of things I feel bad about what happened to the American Indian tribes, not only specifically in the US, but also down into South America. You all decend from the same place, and the same thing happened to all of you........almost makes you think it was destiny, but that's another conversation that I'd love to have. I don't understand why so many of you guys were wiped out. It seems sensless, so I feel bad in that way. (though I do notice none of you really trying to reclaim your former glory in a time when everyone would support such an effort)

All that said though, every time I read or hear it, I get more and more annoyed at the term "Native American". And I get MORE annoyed when it's actually a "Native American" saying it. And you OP say it over and over again. Why does it make me more annoyed when an American Indian say it over some white guy saying it? Because we aren't American Indians. We're ignorant, most of us just say what we're told is the right thing to say to not offend anyone. American Indians though......or "Native" Americans as they are called by everyone these days......all claim to care so much about their heritage, and even more so their HISTORY. You know, as well as I know that American Indians MIGRATED to the North AMerican continent early this past ice age when sea levels were low, over the Berring Straight land bridge into Alaska. You worked your way south and east from there over the course of some 10-20 thousand years or so......becoming all the various tribes of North America, as well as probably the Mayans and Aztecs and maybe even quite a few of the Islanders such as the Samoans.

So you and everyone KNOWS you're no more "Native" to this land than Ahmed Abdula, Tyrone Shulaces or me Wilfred McWhitey. Just because you were here longer doesn't make you Native, right? Why such a strong insistance to call yourselves "Native" when you aren't? Are you purposely lying just to try and make people feel bad? Or are you and so many other American Indians who continually put emphesis on "Native" when you say it really just kinda ignorant of your own history and are indeed convinced you're really native to this land?

If anything you're natives of Asia.

Sorry if it sounds insensitive or whatever. I'm not a PC guy. JIt's just as a person who actually pays attention to history, it really goes up sideways when a people who claim to care so much about their history are so insistant on twisting it with the word "native".

Although I agree a bit about the references of Native American, I prefer Indigenous Peoples, but hey, that never caught on so in the mainstream it's Native American. But, your message to why "Native" annoys you is a bit twisted, really. I mean, to compare the arrival of Europeans here 500 years ago to the "Indigenous Peoples" living here for 10,000 years is a bit off. If you're going to use "that" history, then there isn't anyone native to anywhere except maybe the Africans, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey Rez, great thread! That billboard is very thought provoking. I agree with your post on this issue. Here is another article on the same billboard.

www.nydailynews.com...

Hope it adds something to this interesting thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Like this guy said.
Bogus arguments.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the billboard pic it is 100% on target.
Obama wants to return some stolen land to Native Indians sometime this term in office as part of his legacy so we shouldn't throw him under the bus completely for his stand on gun control.
No I am white...but studying the 1800's in my spare time and very much admire American Indians and culture.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Yep American Indians did it the right way.

Indian Chief ‘Two Eagles’ was asked by a white U.S. government official, “You have observed the white man for 90 years. You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances. You’ve seen his progress and the damage he’s done.”

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, “Considering all these events, in your opinion where did the white man go wrong?”

The Chief stared at the government official and then replied, “When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.”

Then the chief leaned back and smiled, “Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.”

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaWarrior
Hey Rez, great thread! That billboard is very thought provoking. I agree with your post on this issue. Here is another article on the same billboard.

www.nydailynews.com...

Hope it adds something to this interesting thread.

Thanks for that link. What a BS headline "Billboards spark outrage among Native Americans." But as you can see on this thread there hasn't been one upset and all are supportive of it. That's the truth. Just goes to show once again how twisted the liberal media has become and you can't believe anything you read in the MSM anymore!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Obviously, the only reason many tribes survived the European settlement of North America was by obtaining firearms. People of a certain age and political leaning were raised during the anti-Western, anti-Military era. When the cry was out to do away with military, western, and cops and robbers toys, especially guns. This was to make American society more peace loving! They have succeed in turning the ground over and creating a society that is more violent. Cops and Robbers, Cowboys and Indians, and GI Joe got tossed out, for real guns and real blood.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The signboard is MOST CERTANILY in bad taste.

No it isn't in bad taste if anything it is true. Go do a little research on how the Natives were treated in these reservations. They were given blankets infected with measles, smallpox and other illnesses that kill. At times they were given rotten meat and spoiled food just so the Natives would rise up against it and then the military would be called in to kill those that complained.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
I mean, to compare the arrival of Europeans here 500 years ago to the "Indigenous Peoples" living here for 10,000 years is a bit off. If you're going to use "that" history, then there isn't anyone native to anywhere except maybe the Africans, right?

EXACTLY right! There are almost NO native people anywhere in the world. And if the human race could get this point through it's collective thick skull, the motive used for the vast majority of pain and suffering in the world would be removed.

Researchers are uncovering more information about the ancient history of the western hemisphere every day. It is very possible that eventually it will be found that the 'Asian migration' of 10,000 years ago displaced a civilization with ancient African or Indus origins.

If a group pins too much self righteousness on being 'first people' where will they be then?

However, I love the billboard. Any thing that wakes people up and makes them think about securing their personal freedoms is a good thing! Spread the word... NO ONE TAKES SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE ELSE IF IT ISN"T IMPORTANT! If it's so important someone wants to take it away from me, I'll keep mine, thanks.

Oh, but ask the Seventh Cav just how 'unarmed' the Sioux, Crow and Cheyenne were... ( just sayin'.)

Which proves the point, doesn't it?

edit on 4/30/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/30/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
reply to post by muse7

BS...Not only are some cities asking people to turn in their guns, some are even paying people to turn in their guns.

Goog

In calif we were required to get permits for assault weapons or turn them in.
many of us instead took ours and stored them in Nevada even tough this was not a option under the calif assault weapons law.

There was also Proposition H, a total ban on the manufacture, sale, transfer or distribution of firearms or ammunition in San Francisco, as well as a ban on the possession of handguns within the city by San Francisco residents (excepting peace officers, security guards and the like). The ban did not prohibit possession of weapons other than handguns, nor did it prohibit residents of other cities from possessing handguns in San Francisco. While this measure made San Francisco the third major U.S. city, following Washington, D.C. and Chicago, to enact a ban on handguns, San Francisco's ban extended further, not implementing a grandfather clause found in Chicago's and Washington D.C.'s laws that protected existing gun owners. Proposition H stated that handgun owners in San Francisco must turn over their handguns to the police by the end of March 2006, have them confiscated, or move outside the city limits. In June 2006, Judge James Warren of the San Francisco County Superior Court struck down Proposition H, asserting that under California law local officials do not have the authority to ban handgun ownership by law-abiding citizens. On January 9, 2008,
prop H even banned reloading ammo in San Francisco because it was manufacturing and if you owned a long gun that fired ammo that could be used in a hand gun you could not reload the ammo.
This law was finely over turn in the courts

but there are other lawsuits to overturn the calif laws
www.pagunblog.com...
edit on 30-4-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more OP'er.

Excellent thread, S+F. Love that Billboard as well, would like to see one or many around my neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Couldn't agree more OP'er.

Excellent thread, S+F. Love that Billboard as well, would like to see one or many around my neighborhood.

Yeah, news article says the lease is only for two weeks and that's too bad, it should stay up a lot longer. This billboard has been getting a lot of attention now, maybe more will pop up.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm offensive, and I find this Native American!

Seriously though, I'm just a 1/16th Sioux.. Greeat Great Gramps is Crazy Horse though

Great post!

edit on 30-4-2013 by OperationLovestrike because: I suck at spelling sometimes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join