It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsarnaev widow family home searched

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Tsarnaev widow family home searched

The FBI removed bags of evidence from the house where the widow of suspected Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been living.

Katherine Russell, 24, has been staying at her parents' house in Rhode Island since her husband's death.

The search comes amid US media reports that investigators are analysing female DNA found on a piece of the pressure-cooker bombs used in the attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 4/30/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this has been posted already?? I'm posting this whilst on the train on my iPhone and its a little fiddly!!!

The search comes amid US media reports that investigators are analysing female DNA found on a piece of the pressure-cooker bombs used in the attacks.

Three people were killed and more than 260 injured in the 15 April blasts.

Meanwhile it was announced that high-profile death penalty lawyer Judy Clarke has joined the defence of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's brother and suspected co-conspirator.

Ms Clarke is nationally known for her work on high-profile cases.

Most recently she worked on the defence of Jared Loughner, who killed six and severely injured former Representative Gabrielle Giffords, and has also represented "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski and Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph during sentencing.

The younger Tsarnaev has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction in the dual explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Bomb 'evidence'
On Monday, FBI agents at the Russell home retrieved DNA samples, an official told the Reuters news agency.

Investigators are looking for any evidence that would further tie the Tsarnaev brothers to the bombing and spent hours in the family house in North Kingston, Rhode Island.

Officers also took a sample of Ms Russell's DNA, the New York Times reports.

Ms Russell's lawyer said she was doing everything she could to assist with the investigation. She has lived at her parents' house since Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed several days after the bombing.

The couple lived with their young daughter in an apartment in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Police say they have found bomb material at the residence.

Ms Russell's lawyers say she did not know much about her husband's activities because she spent most of her time outside the home working as a health aide while he watched their child.

Could someone please go to the site and post the www. Link for me please. Thank you!!

So Kath might be in on it after all???

LINK
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/30/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I am thinking he used whatever he could get his hands on, including the family cooking accessories.

Just an Opinion.

That might be the reason why her DNA might be on it, if its actually hers.

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

True, but two/three pressure cookers from one house?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by sonnny1

True, but two/three pressure cookers from one house?

Wedding Gifts?

I received 2 blenders .

Also, maybe the female DNA is only on one. We don't know yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

True, sorry just getting excited!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

All good.

If there is anyone else involved, they need to be punished.

Innocent till proven guilty though.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yep, however, personally I have my suspicions...........then again....

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here's the Link.

Interesting find.

Would really suck (for her) if she not only wound up not being involved, but found out her late husband was cheating on her.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Hahahaha, ahem I mean, yes that would be bad. However I thought they were separated due to the fact he couldn't keep his hands to himself??? Or am I wrong?

Oh and thanks for the link.....top stuff! Ta!
edit on 30-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Federal agents are still investigating whether Tamerlan’s wife, Katherine Russell, and several associates of the brothers, provided unwitting assistance or knowingly assisted in any part of the alleged plot, officials briefed on the probe said. At least part of the investigation of Ms. Russell and other associates focuses on whether evidence related to the bombing investigation has been tampered with or destroyed, the officials said. . . .

Investigators are still seeking an interview with Ms. Russell. Ms. Russell’s attorney didn’t respond to a request for comment on Friday. A lawyer for Ms. Russell has previously said she is “doing everything she can to assist with the investigation.”
source

In the meantime, it is worth considering whether there is some psychic connection between the Marathon attack and a bombing last May. That previous attack killed 10 more than died in Boston, but it was on an ordinary workday in distant Makhachkala, and it received barely a mention in the American media.

One person on whom this bombing in the capital city of Dagestan undoubtedly made a big impression was Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was visiting family there at the time. It is hard to imagine that people in Makhachkala spoke much of anything else in the immediate aftermath, especially after authorities announced that it had been a suicide attack carried out by siblings, a 25-year-old brother and his 19-year-old sister.

The Islamic militants believed to be behind the attack were still at large and the city was placed under a “special counter-terrorist regime” that could not have escaped Tamerlan’s attention. People were subject to being stopped and questioned at any time and liable to be detained if they were unable to explain satisfactorily their purpose for being out and about.

The authorities also are given blanket permission to tap telephones. That may have even been when the Russians supposedly recorded Tamerlan and his mother talking about jihad, an understandable topic of conversation in such circumstances.

On May 19, police surrounded the Makhachkala hideout of the man said to be the mastermind of the attack, 19-year-old Mahmoud Mansur Nidal. He negotiated for the three women and a child who were with him to come out safely. He then refused to surrender and was killed in the ensuing shootout.

Later, Russian authorities would say Nidal occasionally frequented a mosque where Tamerlan sometimes prayed during his visit, though there are no present reports that the two had any dealings.
Ver y Interesting

Three of Katherine Russell's pals at Suffolk University watched as she was terrorized by the dead bombing suspect after they began their on-and-off relationship in 2007, NPR reported.

Angry and controlling, Tsarnaev called Russell a "slut" and a "prostitute" and was known to throw furniture or other objects at her during fits of rage, the unnamed roommates said.
Source

She married Tsarnaev in 2010 even though he has been previously arrested for domestic assault, a case that was later dropped because the victim refused to cooperate.
Source

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

So they searched the home under what authority?

Did they get a search warrant or was it simply, "we're the government and we can do whatever we want"?

As far as a "woman's" DNA, it was probably this female with the exploding purse:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Excellent post my friend. I have not seen that before. Coincidence? I think not. Are we being told a pack of porky pies? Yes most definitely, is the world still asleep. Soundly.
Wake up people!!!! Jesus Christ!

I wish there was a way of making people see the bloody truth.

Thank you for the photos

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Should of done this day one..

Why wasn't this house searched already? Probable cause? I say limbless people is pretty probable.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I hadn't seen those pics before. I wish the second one was the same quality as the first. And that doesn't really look like a female to me... Looks more like a guy dressed up as a woman... Hmmm... Interesting. How did the white bag get from behind the barrier to in front of it? Is there a thread about this picture?

As regards the search of the widow's home, I think it's perfectly reasonable to investigate all possibilities. That doesn't make her guilty or innocent. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Silly to question a warrant, though. I'm sure they got a warrant. I know you're referring to the "sweep" they did on the night of the manhunt without warrants, but they don't need warrants under the circumstances.

Under the Fourth Amendment, homeowners have the right to refuse a request for a search if the police don't have a warrant. But that rule has an exception. If there are exigent circumstances, like the threat of imminent danger, a warrant isn't necessarily needed, but the police must still have probable cause.

Boston Door-to-Door Searches Legal

Six Major Exception to Warrant Requirement

3. Consent
6. Emergencies/Hot Pursuit

edit on 4/30/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

So they searched the home under what authority?

Did they get a search warrant or was it simply, "we're the government and we can do whatever we want"?

She has been assisting the investigation as she claims no knowledge of the events... www.cnn.com...

One of the articles mentioned that her house was searched with her lawyer inside so I am also fairly sure it was a legal process.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I hadn't seen those pics before. I wish the second one was the same quality as the first. And that doesn't really look like a female to me... Looks more like a guy dressed up as a woman... Hmmm... Interesting. How did the white bag get from behind the barrier to in front of it? Is there a thread about this picture?

BH, the photos are from News7 and the original ones released are on their website, best quality I've found is here.

If you look at the after photo you can see that the railing is bent out toward the street. That is blurred out in alot of the photos circulating. (I think people are trying to bolster the bag theory by doing that.)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you so much! The railing is actually bent around the mailbox in the after pic, strongly indicating that the explosion was INSIDE the railing. So, another strike awarded to the conspiracy theories... So, it's probably not the "bag woman's" DNA...

If the DNA isn't the widow's, I suspect the owner of it won't be found. It's probably from a woman who assembled the part, handled it in the store, or just a customer whose hair happened to fall inside.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

BH, the photos are from News7 and the original ones released are on their website, best quality I've found is here.

If you look at the after photo you can see that the railing is bent out toward the street. That is blurred out in alot of the photos circulating. (I think people are trying to bolster the bag theory by doing that.)

Thank you for the better quality pictures. I think you can still see the shape of the bag with the brown bag on top of it next to the bin, even under the blur; and as you say, that's not where the blast was in any case.

I do think it's strange that she should have put what looks like a decent leather handbag out of reach on top of a rubbish bag, I would never dream of doing that (dirty, and what if someone grabbed it!). And I still want to know what the strange long blue thing attached to it in the first picture posted earlier in this thread is, mainly out of curiosity though (or is it her leg? It is, isn't it?).

I believe that the blurring is to hide some horrific injuries and not to try to try to spin the bag as bomb line, though it obviously has the result of helping to perpetuate it. It was blurred by the people that released it, as far as I know, so everyone is having to work from that blurred version.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Brocade because: A leg! It's a leg!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Brocade

Originally posted by Brocade
And I still want to know what the strange long blue thing attached to it in the first picture posted earlier in this thread is, mainly out of curiosity though (or is it her leg? It is, isn't it?).

That picture is TOTALLY confusing... As I looked more carefully at the "long blue thing", I noticed that her arm seems extraordinarily long... Is that HER arm? Or is it the arm of the woman to her left (red hair and sunglasses, behind the mailbox). She looks like she's reaching down to grab (or place?) the purse with her left hand.

I'd like to see the original of that first picture.

And how did the white bag get from behind the railing to in front of it?

Many, many questions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join