It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is another Mag 8+ due like in 2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Since 2010, there has been a consistent pattern of quakes 8.6 and above. Look below:

Feb 27 2010: 8.8 Chile
March 11 2011: 9.0 Japan
April 11 2012: 8.6 and 8.2 off Sumatra coast

This year, it would be around May 11 2013??

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

You could have something there to consider. It could have something to do with position or alignment or some sort of pattern. I am not aware of what it could be but someone with more knowledge of things might. Things don't have to only follow patterns that we recognize

edit on 1-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Well,hope I'm wrong. And I hope you are wrong,but with data I don't have access to,California or Nevada.

www.mitp.ru...

edit on 30-4-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

www.ievpc.org...

International Earthquake and Volcano Prediction Center

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I had forgotten about them.

Thanks for reminding me.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I *think* that piequal3because14 was joking and then puterman joked back by making it look like he found it on a map. Not sure, though.

Indeed. I did try to make that clear. As the Appreciator of Nonsense you should appreciate the joke no?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by kdog1982
Well,hope I'm wrong. And I hope you are wrong,but with data I don't have access to,California or Nevada.

www.mitp.ru...

edit on 30-4-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

www.ievpc.org...

International Earthquake and Volcano Prediction Center

Thank you for that link.

I've been Looking for a site like that for a while.

Anyone want to weigh in on IEVPC's credibility?

-Cheers

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anyway, if another earthquake above Mag 8.1 strikes in May, around the date of May 11 2013(May 5-May 15 2013), I'd say we have some pretty serious researching to do, since we have a consistent pattern of large quakes since 2010 that always strikes 1 year and 2-4 weeks later repeatedly...........
Watch the vid below, it may be due to an alignment with a celstial body/space energy source:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by Menedes567 because: I need to add a vid and some info

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog3n8

Uhhhh.....today is the 30 of April 2013...How can the time stamp above be May 6 2013?
Oh I guess this time another scientist will say,

WTP?

meaning, Where are The P waves....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the Thread Puterman...
Following you and many others like muzzy in the quake watch thread, I somehow have the feeling that this might be right.

Especially the last few days were really quiet, but now the 5ers are start popping up again. If I look on the map, I would go for Iran, but I am not sure.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I don't know much of anything about this subject, but I recall people saying the 3min news youtube page has been fairly consistent predicting earthquakes by observing solar patterns...

They just announced a major watch

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Probably between May 11-13 2013.....

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
We, the citizen scientists of Quake Watch on ATS noted that there was a global slow down in magnitude 5 quakes just before the double mag 8 (8.6/8.2) off Indonesia last April. It is looking like the same lull in activity is occurring again.

Makes sense.

Seems the mag 5s release energy slowly. If they start stopping, energy must be building up.

Wouldn't suprise me if it means a bigger quake is about to happen.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Don't know how much time is for you that "few days", but stronger earthquake in last 11 days was only M 5.9 Vanuatu region ..

Maybe next time you will smell M 8.0+ or M 7.0+

reply to post by solarjetman

Wrong again and again, you should follow some persons what make accurate earthquake prediction or people soon lose faith in earthquake prediction again ..

Like I say in last 11 days we have M 5.9 only ..

Earthquake prediction is accurate prediction in some majority %, not some attempts from some persons especially if they trying to make benefits from (fail) earthquake predictions etc ..
edit on 10-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida
reply to post by PuterMan

Don't know how much time is for you that "few days", but stronger earthquake in last 11 days was only M 5.9 Vanuatu region ..

Maybe next time you will smell M 8.0+ or M 7.0+

From the second paragraph of the OP you replied to:

I am asking what others think based on the evidence of last year, and not predicting anything or stating it is about to happen.
(bolding, italics are by me, for emphasis)

Since this thread's author clearly does not make a prediction, what was your point?

edit on 5/10/2013 by Olivine because: edit

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I have a lot of respect for a number of your threads, but attacking Puterman, without obviously reading or clearly understanding his point, is just silly.

Olivine already just mentioned the stuff from the first page.

Just a few posts back, Puterman noticed a quiet period and mentioned that. He made no prediction.

You take from your own message when you try to degrade someone elses, incorrectly.

I read all of your Fuku threads, and you are spot on with all of those. But your EQ attempts...not at all.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is Alaska suddenly damn near silent? It could be a bug in the new USGS page, but 2 'quakes of any magnitude, in the whole mainland of the state? (3 if you count the one out in the Aleutians) If it's not a glitch on the USGS' part, I find this unsettling...

Edit: Fudgesicles, posted in the wrong thread. Let me add to this here anyway so I don't have to move the Q. Might that 'pause' in AK energy venting bottle itself up for a big release? If so, it would be possible for the biggie pattern to continue itself from there, no? does anyone know what the silent periods in AK historically correlate to, if anything?
edit on 5/10/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/10/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Do you think I can claim a successful non prediction?

Only joking!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join