It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know that many people are upset, but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The elections are over and bush has won the popular vote as well as the electoral vote. This fact upsets few more then it upsets myself. Election night I rushed to make it to my voting station during rush hour traffic and traveling for two hours only to park nearly a half-mile away and wait in line for another two hours. I never thought that it would happen, but somehow bush did win. Because of this, I have only now begun to come out of a deep depression and perhaps that is why I am beginning to think a bit clearer.

Whether you voted for bush, against bush, for Kerry, against Kerry or for or against any other candidate, the simple fact of the matter is that bush is the president for another four years. The dice are cast, the choice has been chosen and it is time we all dealt with it and move on.

This particular election process and the events surrounding it have been painful, tedious, draining and detrimental to most everyone involved both within the US as around the world. I don�t think that anyone would deny that these are hard times that we all are living in. All Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Independents, Christians, Jews, Muslims, men, women, children and other affiliates of the human race not otherwise mentioned.

However, as I have already mentioned, it is time to move on. Bush is the president of the United States, whether you think that is a good thing or a bad thing, and that is one choice that we no longer need to worry about making.

We all need to move ahead and do our best to educate ourselves into making informed and intelligent decisions on the paths ahead of us and not those that lay behind us. We all strive for the pursuit of our goals regardless of what they are. It is time to look towards the future and strive to create a better tomorrow because that is what we do. That is what humans always do.

~Jonna~

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
and can I get an amen from the congregation !!!

AMEN and AMEN !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Jonna, what do you mean we need to make intelligent decisions? What goals are you talking about?

We don't make policy and we don't make the decisions...they do. Our so called elected officials make these decisions for us, we are effectively eliminated from the process, so unless we plan to unite and overthrow the government, we won't be doing much more than living out our regular lives as we always have...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would like to quote Smokey Robinson when I say........

"I second that emotion......"

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good post, and you are correct it is over. But I do have a question of any who may wish to answer.

The call is for democrats and republicans to work together on Bush's agenda. Not a bad idea at all since that is what will drive the country. The issue however is that the entire campaign on both sides involved the lowest and nastiest types of tricks possible, so much so that any reasonable person on any side of the aisle should have been disgusted. The winning side spent the entire time painting Kerry as being like Bush. they trotted out all the decisions Kerry made siding with Bush, and smeared him for that, successfully implanting in the heads of Bush supporters that Bush and Kerry are the same, but Kerry was the evil one nonetheless. The republicans having managed to destroy Kerry for having taken the side of Bush on those issues, now waste no time calling on the democrats to do exactly that and work with Bush.

The question then is; What incentive is there for the potential democratic presidential candidate who may very well agree with some of Bush's future agenda, to side with him, knowing full well that in two years, the republicans will be smearing him/her in the same way?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Now that it's over, we can focus on 2006 and 2008.

Bill Clinton in the U.N.

Hillary Clinton in the White House.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Jonna I understand your point and is very nice, but you have to understand that is people like me that did not agreed with bushes policies and politics before election and I am not to agree with him now. Unless he change his views and actions how can I agree with him?

You have to understand that the reason I am agaisnt him is the very reason most people that voted for agree with.

As a nation in the past 4 years we have change the American people has change, and we will never be the same all for one, and one for all again.

Sorry to said we are divided.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Jonna, what do you mean we need to make intelligent decisions? What goals are you talking about?

We don't make policy and we don't make the decisions...they do. Our so called elected officials make these decisions for us, we are effectively eliminated from the process, so unless we plan to unite and overthrow the government, we won't be doing much more than living out our regular lives as we always have...

Good to see you posting again. It seems to have been awhile.

There are certain things that I will never get to do. I will never influence a world leaders beliefs over a cup of expensive tea. I will never be broadcast around the world and inform the race of whatever deceptions (I believe) are imposed upon us or fundimental truths are are being hidden for the benefit of someone elses agenda. These and many others are things that I must accept and move on.

However, what I can do is continue to become informed and educate in a respectful way those around me that care to listen as I respectfully listen to them in the strive for new knowledge. Personally, I do not, never have and never will support bush in his beliefs. This is one of the reasons you will never see me capitalize his name. BUT that does not mean that I can not find any common ground with people that support bush or his ideals.

This election has really divided many people that would not have normally felt such animosity towards one another. You can see it all over the world just as you can on ATS. The thing is that none of us will probably ever be in the upper echelon of leaders that direct our lives, but if we were to continue affecting those lives around us and growing towards a common goal, perhaps the one can become many thus directing the lives of the people that lead us. The country, as is the world, is divided and there will never be a reunion if we continue to hang on to our animosity because of one single contrary believe over an endless multitude of others.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Jonna I understand your point and is very nice, but you have to understand that is people like me that did not agreed with bushes policies and politics before election and I am not to agree with him now. Unless he change his views and actions how can I agree with him?

I think my point is not coming across well as everyone is thinking strictly in bush/Kerry terms right now. This thread has very little to do with either of them; it has to do with us, all of us 'little people'.

I think that it is safe to say that we all want peace, whether we think that it is best achieved through one politician's views or another. However it is not one man that makes peace a reality. It is the child learning history at school and the buisness man reading the newspaper and the woman at the bookstore. It is all of us striving to grow and evolve, but if we can not come together inspite of our petty differences then none of us will ever achieve peace.

Bush has won the election regardless of anyones individual feelings about it. It is done and over so why shouldn't the animosity between the bushies, Kerries, and others be done as well? I am not saying that we should come together under bushes rule. I am saying that we should strive to come together under human rule.

I'm attempting to deal with this all and be an optimist. I'm trying to help end the bickering of who spilled the milk after it has already been spilled. Mark your calendars because it is a rarity from the likes of a miserible, crotchity, pesimist such as myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well Jonna see I am one of the littler people, nothing has change much, my husband still have the same job we have the same bills same life, same friends, but is something I have lost and is hope, for my children future.

See you don't understand what my daughter told me the next day after she found out that bush won.

She asked me "what I am going to do now" you know what because she is a biology major her dream is research microbiology, in her school the students in her field are afraid of bush stance on science and stem cell research.

That was my daughters future and what she want to be and what she wants to do.

See she lost her hopes.

So you want the nation to united but how can we?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Bush has won the election regardless of anyones individual feelings about it. It is done and over so why shouldn't the animosity between the bushies, Kerries, and others be done as well? I am not saying that we should come together under bushes rule. I am saying that we should strive to come together under human rule.

That's not going to happen, Bush is not interested in human rule, but in religious rule. Human rights will take a back seat to religious idealogy, no question about it. What your asking, IMO, is like asking Germans who opposed the Nazis, "Hitler is in power regardless of anyones feelings, why can't we be united anyways?" Because, we will not unite under oppression.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So you want the nation to united but how can we?

With the hope and striving for a better future from all sides because without that we are all doomed. Perhaps my words are pointless and we shall fight one another until our dieing days. For a moment, I thought it could be a better way. I guess the human race is destined to divide itself.

In time Kerry, bush and all the other candidates will be forgotten, but we will still have one another...or pheraps we won't even be able to accomplish that. Guess I was wrong to hope. We are doomed not because of bush or Kerry, but because of ourselves. I'll just slip back into my isolated depression now.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi Jonna,

I think you are 100% correct, I know you voted for Kerry as I voted for Bush. I do not feel this should change the respect I have for you or you for me. Yes, I do believe as you do that it is time we all focused on what is important for our future and that is "US" "Americans" in a whole, wether democratic or Republican we still are humans and we still have choices to make to better the future. I have also stumbled across a great site that actually will help everyone with getting thier messages out and at the same time you will learn a lot of what your party actually represents. Truthfully with plain fact.

If interested here is the site, www.nwyc.com... I belong to this organization and it has helped me learn that I believe in both Parties views on certain subjects, I personally do not believe that someone honestly believes in everything thier party chooses to do.

Remeber all Jonna is stating is, we are all Americans dont let this past election divide something so great.

Take Care,

Just my thoughts

new topics

top topics

join