It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What BP Doesn’t Want You to Know About the 2010 Gulf Spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
These corporations always get the best end of everything. They screw people over with the prices of gas, which are much higher than they should be, considering what it costs to get it to the pumps, and they are getting so filthy rich at the expense of everyone. It would not be so bad if they were not suppressing anything they can having to do with alternate forms of energy. They really do buy patents and ideas that could benefit humanity and then shelve these ideas and patents, and no one else can do anything with the inventions.

So they are getting even richer and even more powerful, and Obama said it himself, they are in bed with the government so to speak, meaning they have to answer to very few people. And no one will be criminally prosecuted for the crimes they have committed. When this trial junk is over they will come out smelling like a rose, trust me. And not only are they making all this money, and have no oversight and answer to no one, they can go and kill people with avoidable "accidents," and get away with it. The criminals of this nature are much more dangerous than what most people think of as average criminals, yet those are the people who populate our prison system.

To tell you the truth I personally would feel much safer having it the other way around. I would rather see all the people in jail for drug related crimes set free, and have the corporate criminals put in their place. It is just one big mess, capitalism and the current state of our government.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by sarahlm

theses are quite horriffic accounts, but the sad truth remains that we are all responsible for this. our demands for convenient acquisition of global products, plastics (etc), petrofuels, percieved cheapness of purchases and the ability to recklessly waste resources has done this, tacitly or otherwise.

This comment is almost as grotesque as BPs crimes against humanity.

The sad thing is, there are many ignorant environmental wackos (and no, not saying you are one of those, maybe you are and maybe you aren't) who feel similarly.

The fact is, the one has nothing to do with the other. The fact that many (most?) people believe that inexpensive convenience is a good thing has nothing whatsoever to do with criminal actions committed by non accountable global mega corporations.

One of the biggest causes of this problem is sourced to one thing - the fact that there is no real personal accountability for criminal actions when committed by officers of corporations, especially the big ones.

Corporate officers - just like peace (now 'policy enforcement', aka 'police') officers, judges, and those tasked with keeping the peace and dealing with criminal and civil actions - should be held to a much higher code of conduct, and the penalties for violating their oaths of office should be both swift and severe, and more importantly, easily enforced by the people they (are supposed to) serve.

Currently, everything is bass-ackwards... the big corps look on the people as their servants (and in many cases, guinea pigs).

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanstaafl

reply to post by sarahlm

theses are quite horriffic accounts, but the sad truth remains that we are all responsible for this. our demands for convenient acquisition of global products, plastics (etc), petrofuels, percieved cheapness of purchases and the ability to recklessly waste resources has done this, tacitly or otherwise.

This comment is almost as grotesque as BPs crimes against humanity.

The sad thing is, there are many ignorant environmental wackos (and no, not saying you are one of those, maybe you are and maybe you aren't) who feel similarly.

The fact is, the one has nothing to do with the other. The fact that many (most?) people believe that inexpensive convenience is a good thing has nothing whatsoever to do with criminal actions committed by non accountable global mega corporations.

One of the biggest causes of this problem is sourced to one thing - the fact that there is no real personal accountability for criminal actions when committed by officers of corporations, especially the big ones.

Corporate officers - just like peace (now 'policy enforcement', aka 'police') officers, judges, and those tasked with keeping the peace and dealing with criminal and civil actions - should be held to a much higher code of conduct, and the penalties for violating their oaths of office should be both swift and severe, and more importantly, easily enforced by the people they (are supposed to) serve.

Currently, everything is bass-ackwards... the big corps look on the people as their servants (and in many cases, guinea pigs).

so my suggesting that because in the west we demand and readily swallow endless consumer products, waste petrofuels on short journeys and transporting out of season foods that we then waste significant amounts of (etc, etc, etc ad infinitum) and must therefor take responsibility for the demand we create and subsequent disaster that stems from it (many owning investment portfolios or savings in banks that invest in such companies and specifically BP etc, and still voting for the same illusion of choice), is almost as grotesque as the spill itself?
you really dont want to take any responsibility for life in the west and it's effect on the world? no wonder nothing is changing, keep your head in the sand

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

And no amount of money awarded to any of them is going to change that. $50 Billion might at well be $0.05 cents Penny for your thoughts?...errrr... I mean mysterious fatal condition caused by a massively toxic substance we convinced you was safe? The penalty for all that... is a fine ? Those directly responsible for this disaster should be brought before a firing squad and put to death on live TV. THAT is justice.
reply to post by HIWATT

Fantastic post, you said it all nice and neat.....Star and many more if i could.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It's so irritating how split people are about this. Many buy into BP's white wash spin on the Corexit. So many people I know still live and recreate in the Gulf region like nothing ever happened. My relatives included.

I won't.

But they think I'm a loon for being so concerned about it. It's so frustrating.

I fear that a decade from now, there will be a flood of really sick people.

And no amount of money awarded to any of them is going to change that.

$50 Billion might at well be $0.05 cents

Penny for your thoughts?...errrr... I mean mysterious fatal condition caused by a massively toxic substance we convinced you was safe?

The penalty for all that... is a fine ?

Those directly responsible for this disaster should be brought before a firing squad and put to death on live TV.

THAT is justice.

Just like HSBC who were 'fined' for knowingly laundering drug monies, never mind the decades of misery and slaughter over that, teenagers partially dismembered and their dead bodies hung on bridges in Mexico. Makes me sick!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

All of this literally makes my nauseous and want to vomit when I read it. This along with everything else that has happened and is happening. I nearly had a mental breakdown last year and feel on the verge of one now. Not just because of all the atrocities and "accidents" on a global scale but on a personal scale the past year or so has been tremendously difficult. I don't know how much one person can handle. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Sometimes I really hate being intelligent, responsible, and kind.... I give the world my heart and soul and it comes back in so much pain.

Although I am intelligent and awake I still find myself in a daily struggle against indoctrination and brainwashing. If I did not have people that depended on me to live I would likely drop everything and escape (to a remote place, an asylum, or death).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Terrible story... They really couldn't care less about anything other than money.

In my opinion, this planet could do with a good old reset.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That corexit is not dish soap. I know someone who works at a sh** plant and she says it is very dangerous and extremely regulated there. If it was as safe as dish soap, why would these regulations be in place. The chemicals that form the product may be safe but the chemistry that forms from combining these chemicals is not at all related to the ingredients used. This is how chemistry works. The chemical formed by combining baking soda and vinegar together is not like either of the ingredients. In this baking soda vinegar case it is harmless to most life though.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by sarahlm

nope, no way am I taking responsibility for this because I used the product....this is all on the people that had the actual PAID JOB and the power to control and regulate it. do you really expect ordinary people to monitor and micromanage every aspect of the sale of global products? i have no such guilt, and passing the buck does not excuse those that are profiting from and responsible for the actual gulf spill

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

corexitt is safe just like agent orange and thalidomide were, right? Just goes to show that no one should ever trust what these companies say with regards to safety.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Nice! I'm almost convinced it was all part of a geometry numbers game myself. Like 9/11/01 being 111th days from the end of the year and I think 4/20/10 (oil rig) being the 111th I think... and there being 3142 (pi) days between the attacks. Kept seeing 111 all over once I noticed things seeming scripted in life. Like even my birth day 76+7+28+=111 The Georgia guide stones rest almost right between the locations of both dates as well.

Could be wrong on the dates as once I noticed years ago and posted about it on some sites I magically went crazy and was diagnosed with schizophrenia after watching people turn 2 dimensional, disappear, morph their faces, turn into totally different people and also got a voice in my head now that never shuts up like bot that just repeats the same damn expressions over and over.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the whole situation with the BP oil spill was just horrendous. And it will be around for many, many.....many years to come. I'd just like to bring up another side of the spill, that just might be a major impact on our lives here in the Good U S of A. And a question.

Who had the bright idea to set off a bomb to seal the well off???

There are tectonic plates there. We now have a situation in Louisiana, where, a sink hole is causing A LOT of problems. Things are leaking there that, are there naturally, BUT, if they wouldn't have done it, the problems wouldn't be there.

I just hope that the money grubbing whores....(sorry, no other way to put it) that made that decision can live with themselves. I said it in another thread, I wish my REALLY bad decisions sent me on a 2 week trip to the Bahamas. If the common folk could be so lucky.

Sorry, just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.........

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I think the thing that grinds my grits the most about this whole affair was that in my opinion, BP didn't really give a crap about who or what Corexit might affect in and around the Gulf of Mexico. Their singular concern was to try to cover their asses as much as possible concerning the VISIBLE crude oil that they would be financially liable for concerning fines and lawsuits. And with them being protected by law by a 3 year statute of limitations, all they really needed to do was to stall and obfuscate any and all REAL investigations of the results of their decisions.

Yeah, I believe that some big bucks greased some outstretched palms to keep the lid on this story until it's too late for anyone to do anything about it.

Seriously, did anyone who made those decisions even spend a single day in jail? Isn't anyone who made such decisions that outright killed the people working on that rig guilty of manslaughter?

Yeah, this whole thing just really, REALLY stinks.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Coverup is a understatement. BP still refuses to settle claims. And now NBC 15 of Mobile, Al does regular stories on how all these bad people are trying to "steal from bp" And how bp regularly bribes municipalities with multi million dollar "grants" music Beach fest in gulf shores al. a new farmers market for Foley, Al.(please if you visit this region boycott everything.... on second thought just stay away) Of course they do not call it bribes on nbc15 mobile, but that's what it is. Folks are sick and dying around here. unemployed. Still waiting on bp reimbursement payments. But you don't hear about that on nbc 15 mobile,al. Just all the "good" they do. Doctors around here are in on it too. Don't know what is wrong with patients even though the symptoms are the same. Nausea vomiting vertigo lung congestion joint pain stomach pain throat pain. All these complaints starting within 3 months of aerial dispersal of corexit. I live 13 miles from the GOMexico and I smelled that stuff and seen it like a thick haze for two weeks. Lawyer says I don't have a claim because I live too far from the gulf. Of course the lawyers are all in on it as well, most are demanding thirty percent or more of any settlement they get for you. Which for the last year have all but stopped. And you have to pay your back taxes out of that. Now all you hear is this group of 12 people made false claim and got bp for $80,000 or so. So now bp and its propaganda wing nbc 15 mobile al. are telling people they are going to get a New Orleans Judge to dismiss ALL outstanding claims. Because they are false. Yet no charges why no charges. Because 95% of the claims are true. Complete with bank and tax records. I have proved my case yet no compensation. But the municipalities and real estate corps are raking it in. Just not the small bis owners like myself that got scr#@%d. With us its 50/50 I know brothers that worked for the same company were dismissed at the same time. One bro was paid the other like me, is still waiting. Much like in ?Fukashima? the community leaders just smile and you better smile too. Or else the local police will find a reason to threaten your life or just beat you down, and you WILL NOT find employment elsewhere. blackball the ones that stand up for theirselves . You know because the "LEADERS" all been greased early on and still do. Just try and hold a sign up in front of a BP station around here you WILL go to jail if your lucky. What they are trying to do is get out of paying people by claiming they did not cause these illnesses and that only fishermen and real estate were hurt financially. First thing you will see when you cross the canal going south into Gulf Shores Al on hwy 59. A huge BP gas station filled with tourists right next to MCdonalds. We need some media coverage so the rest of the world can see what is really going on behind the scenes. PLEASE boycott BP, Baldwin County Alabama, Orange Beach, Al, Gulf Shores Al., Fairhope, Al., Daphne, Al our main tourist attractions and the traitors at NBC15 Mobile,Al. until BP pays ALL OUTSTANDING CLAIMS. Its been 3 years folks, I just want my money so I can bail. I been a lifelong resident. And if I can get out of here Ill never be back.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hadn't come across this before. Thanks for posting it. A mistake on that scale has to have a lot of ugly things behind it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The BP brass who ordered the use of Corexit and those who told the public it was safe while knowing better should be given a public bath - in their "safe" product.
That might prevent future use of such a hideously dangerous products on an unsuspecting public.
Given the trail of dead whistle blowers it's rather blatant they were desperate to hide something.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

paidshill23
Coverup is a understatement. BP still refuses to settle claims. And now NBC 15 of Mobile, Al does regular stories on how all these bad people are trying to "steal from bp" And how bp regularly bribes municipalities with multi million dollar "grants" music Beach fest in gulf shores al. a new farmers market for Foley, Al.(please if you visit this region boycott everything.... on second thought just stay away) Of course they do not call it bribes on nbc15 mobile, but that's what it is. Folks are sick and dying around here. unemployed. Still waiting on bp reimbursement payments. But you don't hear about that on nbc 15 mobile,al. Just all the "good" they do. Doctors around here are in on it too. Don't know what is wrong with patients even though the symptoms are the same. Nausea vomiting vertigo lung congestion joint pain stomach pain throat pain. All these complaints starting within 3 months of aerial dispersal of corexit. I live 13 miles from the GOMexico and I smelled that stuff and seen it like a thick haze for two weeks. Lawyer says I don't have a claim because I live too far from the gulf. Of course the lawyers are all in on it as well, most are demanding thirty percent or more of any settlement they get for you. Which for the last year have all but stopped. And you have to pay your back taxes out of that. Now all you hear is this group of 12 people made false claim and got bp for $80,000 or so. So now bp and its propaganda wing nbc 15 mobile al. are telling people they are going to get a New Orleans Judge to dismiss ALL outstanding claims. Because they are false. Yet no charges why no charges. Because 95% of the claims are true. Complete with bank and tax records. I have proved my case yet no compensation. But the municipalities and real estate corps are raking it in. Just not the small bis owners like myself that got scr#@%d. With us its 50/50 I know brothers that worked for the same company were dismissed at the same time. One bro was paid the other like me, is still waiting. Much like in ?Fukashima? the community leaders just smile and you better smile too. Or else the local police will find a reason to threaten your life or just beat you down, and you WILL NOT find employment elsewhere. blackball the ones that stand up for theirselves . You know because the "LEADERS" all been greased early on and still do. Just try and hold a sign up in front of a BP station around here you WILL go to jail if your lucky. What they are trying to do is get out of paying people by claiming they did not cause these illnesses and that only fishermen and real estate were hurt financially. First thing you will see when you cross the canal going south into Gulf Shores Al on hwy 59. A huge BP gas station filled with tourists right next to MCdonalds. We need some media coverage so the rest of the world can see what is really going on behind the scenes. PLEASE boycott BP, Baldwin County Alabama, Orange Beach, Al, Gulf Shores Al., Fairhope, Al., Daphne, Al our main tourist attractions and the traitors at NBC15 Mobile,Al. until BP pays ALL OUTSTANDING CLAIMS. Its been 3 years folks, I just want my money so I can bail. I been a lifelong resident. And if I can get out of here Ill never be back.

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. BP deserves to be destroyed.

Even though I am over here in Australia, I boycotted BP and refuse to ever buy from them again. I wish more people would do the same but I still see just as many people buying their petrol there every day.

I really hope for your sake and others like you, that you get justice.

There's a special place in hell for these BP a-holes.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i find it funny that Apple, of all companies decided to be the one who wanted to clean the gulf spill. From what i gathered, Apple knows of some precious sunken material deep down the Gulf they want to get a hold of.

That being said, I look forward so the gulf can be cleaned, the OP doesnt really seem to prove otherwise. Plus, the local life will regenerate in time, so no need to panic, mother nature will eventually clean itself

top topics

<< 1   >>

join