It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli settlers poison Palestinians water well

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Because of your location, i think you cannot be impartial and biased about this subject.

So, to use a meme, your argument is invalid.

I am biased,indeed. PressTV is not biased?
And yet you somehow consider their baseless accusations valid and my post invalid.
Good for you,i guess.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
And the west keeps supporting Israel.

Why???

Cause they chosen people and stuff, ya know?

They > normal people.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by TFCJay
And the west keeps supporting Israel.

Why???

Cause they chosen people and stuff, ya know?

They > normal people.

Maybe Western politicians supports Israel because some people hate it enough to trust source without any source and throw "chosen" word whenever it sticks or not?
Never in my life i heard that Jews are chosen as much as from Jew haters here, which i find hilarious.
Read the news.watch the video and tell me why you are sure settlers poisoned that well.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The reason why the US government still kisses Israels buttocks is because of Lobbyist like Aipac That pays to put our politicians in office.Do a google search and you can find list of how much Money the Jewish lobbyist has paid your favorite congressman,senator or President in campaign contributions..Our puppet politicians do what they are paid to do .nothing else.Its not about the people anymore,its about the lobbyist

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It says Israeli settlers but it doesn't give a religious description of the perpetrators or even the type of poison used. If it is found to contain actual poison then we will be hearing lots about it on the news otherwise this story will simply vanish which is what I expect to see happen. Everyone outside Israel blames everything on Israel they are indoctrinated to do so from birth and none of them would be living in as much peace as they have now if Israel didn't exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

Originally posted by Antonio1
reply to post by TFCJay

And you automatically believe unsubstantiated claims from one of Iran's state owned propaganda arms why?

It's stuff that has been reported before by various individuals, but that would never be reported by the Jewish owned Western media.

Oh of course, because the Jews secretly own everything. I have trouble taking an obvious anti-Semite like you seriously, in addition to which I have trouble believing unsubstantiated claims from Iran's state-run propaganda arm.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Antonio1

And you automatically believe unsubstantiated claims from one of Iran's state owned propaganda arms why?

Would you unquestioningly believe the report, if an American news network reported it? Why?

Thats beyond the point. American news outlets aren't reporting something like this, and I honestly trust independent news agencies more than news agencies owned by governments. THAT'S why I don't believe the OP's claims, PressTV is an Iranian propaganda agency with an anti-Israel and anti-Semitic bias, that is run by Iran's government. How anyone takes them seriously is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

Um... is it any less biased than say, Fox News?
Admittedly Fox News was never banned in the UK, but from the time before it was banned I definitely found it to be more impartial than Fox.

Even if this report is a hoax/propaganda though, you don't deny that the occupation is a bit dodgy and questionable strategies have been employed in the past do you?

Infact, according to both the UN and the Independent (a respected UK paper) there has been a concerted effort to seize or deny to the Palestinians as much of the available water supply as possible:
www.telegraph.co.uk... nian-land.html
(Just to prove that western media does report on such things from time to time)
edit on 29-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: adding a link

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Unwritten law of the desert.

Never pollute a water source, you never know when YOU will need it.

My dad fought in the desert, many many years ago, even the Germans obeyed that law.

If true, shows the Israeli's are no respecter of the desert-lands.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Unwritten law of the desert.

Never pollute a water source, you never know when YOU will need it.

My dad fought in the desert, many many years ago, even the Germans obeyed that law.

If true, shows the Israeli's are no respecter of the desert-lands.

Why should they? Its not their land...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have seen proof of nothing yet. Show me the proof that this happened so I can make an educated decision.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Yeah,presstv at its finest.
There is a water well with foul smelling water near Palestinian village. Palestinian authorities say that there is toxin inside but do not know what this toxin actually is.
Those are facts. All the rest - is not. However it is enough for the following:
Title of Press TV:
"Israeli settlers poison Palestinians water well"
People here: Oh those eeeeeevil Israelis.
Where is tiny bit of proof that settlers did it? And you wonder that people question PressTV as a valid source?
EDIT:
Plus, the claim is that the well is poisoned Friday night. Settlers in that area are religious ,Friday night is Shabath - so they could not have used a flashlight or night vision aid. Nor could they carry heavy stuff out of the settlement borders due to religious reasons.

There was a near full moon that night, so they could have used that -- not that it would be necessary. The Ten Commandments tells Jews not to kill or steal their neighbors' property, but they certainly do that. To claim because it was Sabbath, so the Israeli Jews couldn't have used any technological devices like flash lights is a crock of horse doo-doo. A fundamentalist Jew assassinated Iztak Rabin, an Israeli Prime Minister.

Those "religious" fundamentalist Jews in Israel have shown again and again that they're capable of very abominable acts, so claiming their official religious tenets as evidence that they weren't able to commit a crime is laughable.

And please, don't anybody respond to my post with something about the evil that Muslims or Palestinians do. That is not what this post is about. It's about a reported poisoning of a Palestinian water well by Israeli settlers, and my post specifically addresses a specious defense that religious Jews could not have done this because of their religious strictures, which is not a compelling defense. That is all my most is about.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Yeah,presstv at its finest.
There is a water well with foul smelling water near Palestinian village. Palestinian authorities say that there is toxin inside but do not know what this toxin actually is.
Those are facts. All the rest - is not. However it is enough for the following:
Title of Press TV:
"Israeli settlers poison Palestinians water well"
People here: Oh those eeeeeevil Israelis.
Where is tiny bit of proof that settlers did it? And you wonder that people question PressTV as a valid source?
EDIT:
Plus, the claim is that the well is poisoned Friday night. Settlers in that area are religious ,Friday night is Shabath - so they could not have used a flashlight or night vision aid. Nor could they carry heavy stuff out of the settlement borders due to religious reasons.

There was a near full moon that night, so they could have used that -- not that it would be necessary. The Ten Commandments tells Jews not to kill or steal their neighbors' property, but they certainly do that. To claim because it was Sabbath, so the Israeli Jews couldn't have used any technological devices like flash lights is a crock of horse doo-doo. A fundamentalist Jew assassinated Iztak Rabin, an Israeli Prime Minister.

Those "religious" fundamentalist Jews in Israel have shown again and again that they're capable of very abominable acts, so claiming their official religious tenets as evidence that they weren't able to commit a crime is laughable.

And please, don't anybody respond to my post with something about the evil that Muslims or Palestinians do. That is not what this post is about. It's about a reported poisoning of a Palestinian water well by Israeli settlers, and my post specifically addresses a specious defense that religious Jews could not have done this because of their religious strictures, which is not a compelling defense. That is all my most is about.

Ok, i agree that it is not a 100% proof that settlers did not do it. However if you look at all the proven attacks on Palestinians by Jewish settlers - like torching mosques,uprooting trees and all the other nasty things, it did not happen on Friday night (as far as i remember at least). In any case ,it is not more laughable then claiming that settlers did it without anything behind it.
But again - it does not really prove anything.
Well how about that - news source connected to Palestinian authority - Maan news - that reports all Israeli wrong doings ,does not mention anything about settlers poisoning well. And according to PressTV article Palestinian police stated that there is a toxin in the water.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
They said the same thing during the days of the plague. The Jews were behind that one too. I told a "friend" about one of the popes during that time who passed a bull calling people to cease in their persecutions of the Jews, that they were not responsible for the plague. He said that he might have been a Jewish pope because Jews infiltrated the Vatican too!

There is no proof it wasn't Palestinians themselves who did it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness123

How about all the ample proof that Israeli settlers have done similar things in the past?
As other people have pointed out the settlers are just as much of a problem to the state of Israel as they are the Palestinians (well not quite, but you get what I mean
), they're radical extremists.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

How about all the ample proof that Israeli settlers have done similar things in the past?
As other people have pointed out the settlers are just as much of a problem to the state of Israel as they are the Palestinians (well not quite, but you get what I mean

So are you going to supply any proof that the Israeli settlers have done this sort of thing before? You know, blighted crops, poisoned wells, sown the ground with salt, that sort of thing.

I take news reports from PressTV with a huge pinch of salt. They're the English language mouthpiece of the Iranian government. Hardly an unbiased source on matter to do with Israel and the west.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary29

So are you going to supply any proof that the Israeli settlers have done this sort of thing before? You know, blighted crops, poisoned wells, sown the ground with salt, that sort of thing.

I take news reports from PressTV with a huge pinch of salt. They're the English language mouthpiece of the Iranian government. Hardly an unbiased source on matter to do with Israel and the west.

Will this do?

Well contamination and water access

On 13 July 2004, residents of Hirbat Atwana near Hebron found rotting chicken carcasses in their well after four Jewish settlers were seen in the village. Israeli police said they suspected militant Jews from a nearby settlement outpost called Havat Maon. Settlers blamed the action on "internal tribal fight between the Palestinians;" Israeli police spokesman Doron Ben-Amo said it was "unlikely" that the Palestinians would contaminate their own well.[63][64] On 9 December 2007, members of Christian Peacemaker Teams, an American NGO, reported to have observed a group of Israelis stop next to a cistern in Humra Valley, open the lid, and raise the bucket. The water was later found to be contaminated.[65] Oxfam, a British NGO, has reported that settlers deliberately poisoned the only well in Madama, a village near Nablus, by dumping used diapers into it; and that they shot aid workers who came to clean the well.[66][67] A United Nations survey released in March 2012 documented the increasing use of threats, violence and intimidation to deny Palestinians access to their water resources in the West Bank. The survey stated that Israeli settlers have been acting systematically to gain control of some 56 springs most of which are located on private Palestinian land. The report noted that settler actions included "trespass, intimidation and physical assault, stealing of private property, and construction without a building permit." The report criticized the Israeli authorities for having "systematically failed to enforce the law on those responsible for these acts and to provide Palestinians with any effective remedy"

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

I gave a link to the Telegraph quoting an UN report, nothing to do with pressTV

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Gary29

I gave a link to the Telegraph quoting an UN report, nothing to do with pressTV

I followed the link and it took me to a page saying that what I was looking for doesn't exist.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Seems to me that most of the evidence consists of "Jews were seen in the area, therefore they must be responsible"

The PressTV video in the OP follows the same line. It doesn't even provide any evidence that the well had been contaminated. She spoke to a couple of splods who made allegations, but she didn't speak to the person from the Palestinian Authority who supposedly took a sample of well water for analysis. Even if she could have got an interview with the villager who allegedly received chemical burns from touching the water. That would have been something. Alas, nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join