It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government jeep on Uk roads!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Just driven into Northampton UK and followed a very strange vehicle. It was a dark blue ford 4x4 pick up with 2 guys up front crew cut hair sunglasses with a large crate in the back, the strange thing was the number plate it was a white plate with blue lettering that said "official us government use only" with an expiry date march 2020.
Any ideas who they were and what they are doing on British roads?
edit on 26-4-2013 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

I believe Alconbury RAFB is near there.

Just my 2p.
edit on 26-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
from the colour ... plates and occupant description .. sound like american airforce ... they have 3 bases in uk .. probably out trying to look busy .. friday .. more likely out pub hopping ...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

There are still quite a few American bases in the UK, i'm sure they're just returning to their base with the captured UFO or Stargate, no big deal.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sounds like they were trying to make an impression.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Not sure I understand the problem... It's not exactly a secret we have USAF bases and other installations here, as well as being quite far up their back-ends in everything they do...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cointree77

With a jeep.....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Airforce vehicles usually have markings seriel nombers USAF badges on them this was completly plain dark blue.nearly black also the guys inside were not wearing uniforms.

Also if it was wearing foreign plates shouldn`t it have a USA badge on the back?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Just driven into Northampton UK and followed a very strange vehicle. It was a dark blue ford 4x4 pick up with 2 guys up front crew cut hair sunglasses with a large crate in the back, the strange thing was the number plate it was a blue plate with white lettering that said "official us government use only" with an expiry date march 2020.
Any ideas who they were and what they are doing on British roads?

Don't worry about it! I've been to several countries during my time in the US Air Force and its not at all unusual to drive off base in an official vehicle. Occasionally an individual or group will get a vehicle assigned to them if they are on temporary duty and quartered off base. Though you are not supposed to go bar hopping, well, lets say **it happens.
BJ Richardson, MSGTret, USAF, USAFres, TXANG

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Probably diplomatic plates from an Embassy or Consulate with some "Government" workers inside. As I said, it's not exactly a secret we're in bed with the Yanks so don't be surprised when you see some.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Airforce vehicles usually have markings seriel nombers USAF badges on them this was completly plain dark blue.nearly black also the guys inside were not wearing uniforms.

Also if it was wearing foreign plates shouldn`t it have a USA badge on the back?

Nowdays, a lot of military vehicles have no badging except for the license plate. Not like the old days when each service had its color and the numbers plastered all over the door. There are still some of those around too.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

If its diplomatic it would wear a regular uk plate but with a "D" prefix

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
yep Beezer is correct.

side note... wish my rego on my vehicle was paid up until 2020.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It was like this

www.plateshack.com...

but with no logo in the bottom left corner

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oh come on mate... the US is just there checkin up on their colony. Whats wrong?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Might be doing a bit more than checking up thats what i`m worried about

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
am a Air force vet, we have bases inside already established bases of other countries. So Divisions inside divisions, it's not uncommon for one military member of one country to be stationed with another countrys military, some even travel with scientists for secuirty and research purposes,

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That isn't strictly true - Often, they will have a D in the middle, not pre-fixed, but that isn't exactly a requirement. For example, the Kuwaiti embassy has a Merc with 1 KUW and Senegal has another with the plate SEN 1.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Was the steering wheel on the right or left side?

Also, how do Brits feel about U.S. having bases in your country?

Is the U.S. the only country without a foreign military base?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Whilst the US doesn't have any "foreign" bases as such, a fair amount of UK (and other Allied) personnel are sent there for training purposes every year. The UK, for it's part, has a fair few bases in foreign countries itself (Canada, Cyprus and some African countries spring to mind), so the situation is neither unique to the US or something we can really moan about.

Besides, for the most part the US service persons are well behaved and bring in cash to the local economies in which they are based.

new topics

top topics

join