It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Is Rigged: Biggest Scandal Yet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+87 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Came here to see the reaction... well... guess I'll do the honors.

The Illuminati were amateurs. The second huge financial scandal of the year reveals the real international conspiracy: There's no price the big banks can't fix.

Conspiracy theorists of the world, believers in the hidden hands of the Rothschilds and the Masons and the Illuminati, we skeptics owe you an apology. You were right. The players may be a little different, but your basic premise is correct: The world is a rigged game. We found this out in recent months, when a series of related corruption stories spilled out of the financial sector, suggesting the world's largest banks may be fixing the prices of, well, just about everything.

Two of America's top law-enforcement officials, Attorney General Eric Holder and former Justice Department Criminal Division chief Lanny Breuer, confessed that it's dangerous to prosecute offending banks because they are simply too big. Making arrests, they say, might lead to "collateral consequences" in the economy.

www.rollingstone.com...
edit on 26-4-2013 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2013 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Cool. Rolling Stone has broken some bold and fearless stories that go right to the heart of things. I'll never forget the McChrystal interview, which revealed deep issues at the core of the American scene, for those willing to see them.I'm looking forward to reading past the first page on this one after I'm done here. But first:

Right now, we're told that the mother of Boston bombers is getting her information from conspiracy sites, and perhaps the bombers did too. There is a temptation Americans have to give in to that binary switch in the brain: conspiracy theorists good? Conspiracy theorists bad? The dangers of such simplification are high: If we accept conspiracy theorists as unconditionally good, we are married to the kind of bull#ters who claim the Newtown shootings never happened. If we announce them all as bad, we have implicitly announced our willingness to turn a blind eye to an entire category of criminal behaviour, some of which is very well documented, and may - as this article suggests - be shaping things as central as the entire financial scene.

This is a time which requires critical, multi-dimensional thinkers. Not on off/good evil/right left binary brains.

PEace!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

After scandals involving libor and, perhaps, ISDAfix, the question that should have everyone freaked out is this: What other markets out there carry the same potential for manipulation? The answer to that question is far from reassuring, because the potential is almost everywhere. From gold to gas to swaps to interest rates, prices all over the world are dependent upon little private cabals of cigar-chomping insiders we're forced to trust. "In all the over-the-counter markets, you don't really have pricing except by a bunch of guys getting together," Masters notes glumly. That includes the markets for gold (where prices are set by five banks in a Libor-ish teleconferencing process that, ironically, was created in part by N M Rothschild & Sons) and silver (whose price is set by just three banks), as well as benchmark rates in numerous other commodities – jet fuel, diesel, electric power, coal, you name it. The problem in each of these markets is the same: We all have to rely upon the honesty of companies like Barclays (already caught and fined $453 million for rigging Libor) or JPMorgan Chase (paid a $228 million settlement for rigging municipal-bond auctions) or UBS (fined a collective $1.66 billion for both muni-bond rigging and Libor manipulation) to faithfully report the real prices of things like interest rates, swaps, currencies and commodities.

This is just crazy... I don't even know what to say. Positive side in all this, if there is one, is that at least many of our suspicions are now being confirmed by more "accredited sources".

Keep your head up ya'll...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
it has been posted already... it was posted yesterday, but try as i might i can't find the thread at the moment... thought i'd let you know that it's out there though... although finding it with the current search engine might prove next to impossible

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Really? Oh... I searched and found nothing. Any idea why a website dedicated to conspiracy theories is not raving about this story?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

the new search engine isn't half as reliable as the old one, plus the thread title's so different that it wouldn't have picked it up anyway, but i found it just in case you wanted to see what else has been said

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Oh, okay... thanks! I still find it weird that people on this site don't find this more interesting. It is like the granddaddy of modern conspiracy theories. There is that saying, "follow the money", well the trail is becoming more and more clear. Anyways, thanks again.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Bump.. and damn! Matt Taibbi is a great journalist. I think one of the reasons it's ignored is, as he says, it's just so big. It will surely be interesting to see where this goes, if anywhere. Libor was the same way - you heard spits and spurts about it, but it was never understood as the huge scandal that it really was - and the banks were just slapped on the wrist...

Yet despite so many instances of at least attempted manipulation, the banks mostly skated. Barclays got off with a relatively minor fine in the $450 million range, UBS was stuck with $1.5 billion in penalties, and RBS was forced to give up $615 million. Apart from a few low-level flunkies overseas, no individual involved in this scam that impacted nearly everyone in the industrialized world was even threatened with criminal prosecution.

Amazing..

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The people on this site have known this for years. The only reason this stands out is because it's the rolling stones.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

I know people have theorized about this, through many different scopes, but the reason why this is so important is that it isn't a "crazy conspiracy theory", rather it is verifiable fact that is on record. Simply saying, "there's a room full of cigar puffing lunatics who control the world", helps no one. We need names and clear understanding of how this is being done. I agree with you though.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Alright so..

Why can't a group of people hire lawyers - follow the money - and file class action suits against these "elite" for everyone in the country? Why does everybody do NOTHING. Why can't we use our own law system put into place to address our grievances - to address our grievance to them? Force them to put the money flow back into the system. We are approaching 400 million strong in America. Why not take Nestle who want to buy up water rights - sue their multi-billion dollar company and force them to cut a quarter million dollar check to every man woman and child? (This of course would be levied against our debt before we saw a dime ourselves) It doesn't even break a billion. Nestle came to mind because of the recent story posted here - but I'm serious. This is beginning to look ridiculous. You all piss and moan but act helpless. Sue the bastards.

As to the rest of the world. Hey - you want us to come home and leave your war torn terrorized parts of the world alone. Which was very much already that way before an American boot hit landfall, and will stay the same when we leave. Use your own system to address your grievances. I don't want America to do anything for any of you anymore. We'll offer aid when asked (like food) but the rest of you can have your chance to show the rest of us how it's done. Good luck. How can I worry about the world - when other parts of the world blame their own problems and failings on another government in the world? As though all governments weren't equally explicit?

Now - I know that won't work. But I don't understand law enough to understand why. It seems like it should be able to work. Can't American's use the law system to address the federal reserve? To address these CEO 1 % er's of the country? Can't they even use the law system to address their government? If someone could come along and help me sort it out, I'd be appreciative.

Cirque
edit on 26-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
thats crazy

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

You can't do anything.. Think of the people who tried and where they end up. The only thing we could all do is make a death pact with each other and hope we find all of them before they exterminated all of us
[only kidding]

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No it's always been verifiable. It's just that when people try to point it out they get called crazy. The only reason you think this isn't crazy is be cause its the rolling stones. This information didn't just magically come to light and rolling stones happen to be the first ones to pick it up. People have been researching this for years.
edit on 26-4-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow... SnF great find~ This should be flagged to #1 makes me feel a little better. They state arresting them would lead to collateral damage.... And doing nothing is causing the same. They already screwed all of us. Someone needs to bumb back and de-throne the unjust. We can fix the economy after these infidels are taken out and done whatever with.

Got food storage? Can you hunker down while this spirals up to the top? Still think preping is a bad idea? This should come to no shocker that anyone who reads this get some supplies just in case they go after and the collapse is sure to follow~

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Here's a quote from the same article which might help explain why, even though there is proof of curruption still nobody acts to put justice back in line:

Two of America's top law-enforcement officials, Attorney General Eric Holder and former Justice Department Criminal Division chief Lanny Breuer, confessed that it's dangerous to prosecute offending banks because they are simply too big. Making arrests, they say, might lead to "collateral consequences" in the economy.

Bunch of spineless POS P***ies!!!! So I guess letting them continue to rob and steal is the better choice??? What a bunch of idiots!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic and tragic if there was never an international banking conspiracy before, but they saw how many of us believed there was and said to one another, "Screw it! They all think we're doing it anyway, so our image can't get any worse if we actually do it," thus making all of us the genesis of this now very real conspiracy?

I don't actually believe that mind you, but it would be messed up.

Interesting story.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I post the same comment I posted elsewhere in a thread regarding the price of gold

The price of most everything of value is and will always be manipulated

The game is fixed. Whattaya gonna do, flip the boardgame over and quit?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yep. I was just speaking with a retired attorney today. He stated that the bankers are all crooks and the government is helping them become bullet proof. When I mentioned Iceland putting their bankers in jail and erasing all debt, he laughed and said they'd never do that here. When I asked him what the end game was, he said your guess is as good as mine, but it's not looking good for the little people.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Go to the Bank of International Settlements web site, read their annual report, June i think. I did in 2008. they had an assets summany of 13 trillion, equal to the US GDP, in commodity derivatives including gold, copper, etc.
whoever controls this bank controls the world economy.
Matt is showing us their tracks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join