It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Shuts Down Controversial Gun Shop Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

PITTSBURGH (NewsRadio 1020 KDKA)- A McKeesport gun shop’s giveaway contest had to be postponed because Facebook shut down the Pittsburgh Tactical Firearm’s page.

They took our money without a problem, but as soon as somebody brought media attention to it, they shut us down.” Lowry said.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

So Facebook say sure we will take your money then flip flops then shuts down PTT page!

Doesn't matter if they were giving away an AR by law the winner would have to get a background check at the FFL dealer the rifle was sent to.

Can't stand facebook it's ties to the White House is well known there.

The increasingly close relationship between Facebook and Washington worries some privacy advocates who fear it will allow the social networking company to escape government scrutiny. But Facebook, like Google before it, appears to have become irresistible to politicians who see it as a way to connect with young, tech-savvy audiences.

bits.blogs.nytimes.com...

Think the gunshop should have the right to advertise, and have that giveaway.

Not surprising the close ties with Facebook considerng the younger crowd which brings us to Holder:

They embrace Facebook, and use propaganda, and deny American business at the same time because that business does not fit with their political agenda.

First Bank of America, then GE, now Facebook notice a trend?

edit on 25-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Facebook is a private company, they can choose to shut down any page they want to.

Funny how you are all for freedom until someone does something you don't like, then you want them to be forced to do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

So what part of this:

They took our money without a problem, but as soon as somebody brought media attention to it, they shut us down.” Lowry said.

Are some people missing?

Telling me a "private company" can take money from someone, and not render services?

Some places that's called fraud.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind
Facebook is a private company, they can choose to shut down any page they want to.

Funny how you are all for freedom until someone does something you don't like, then you want them to be forced to do it.

You are correct but the problem I see here is in the last bit of the article:

Lowry says the gun shop even paid Facebook $5,000 dollars to advertise their giveaway, and all their Facebook ads were approved by the company.

“They took our money without a problem, but as soon as somebody brought media attention to it, they shut us down.” Lowry said.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just another reason to dump your facebook accounts. They entered a contract, approved the promo, and took payment. Wonder who influenced their decision to drop the contest?? I can only imagine...

2nd!! verse same as the 1st.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Eric Holder our young men love guns?
Iraq, Afghan, ?
Gears of War, Halo, Call of Duty, Dead Island, Bio Shock, Far Cry, Battlefield, Duke Nukem, Rainbow Six, Red Faction, Doom, End War, Shell Shock, Medal of Honor, Half Life, Hitman, and a list of a lot more game titles that our young men know very well as they play them and get prepared for the employment in the never ending wars we wage.
Abandoned as men when they return home after serving their country with PTSD and no where to turn for employment options or counseling.
Sure there's plenty of recruitment info available in the high schools, and colleges, and plenty of ads during the marketing of 'the games' to prepare them, numb them to killing, and head shot counts.
To keep the corporations happy, fat and happy $$$$$$$.

The pussification of America and it's future is almost complete.
These people disgust me.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

LogicGrinds to a halt

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Not only is FB shutting down topic @ hand but they're starting to shut down people they don't like either. Yesterday Dutchinese ..( whether you like the guy or not is neither here nor there) they started shutting down pages of his they didn't like. I'm subscribed so I know this first hand. They also took the " Share " button down on certain stories of his they didn't like.

They also started warning people his site was potential spam and dangerous....

Since FB started I've warned that it was a Government backed web-site.... People really need to be care-ful how they use that site.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
did they give them a refund?
if so then yea its there choice. If no refund then it is frud.
My bet is they will get a refund of that money or end up in court .

new topics

top topics

join