It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Has Mossad Agents in Syria, Says Rebel Leader (claims Assad used chemical weapons)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Israel has a presence in Syria and it is thus logical that it would know if chemical weapons had been used in the civil war, a Syrian rebel leader has claimed.

Speaking to CNN, the Chief of Staff for the Free Syrian Army, General Salim Idriss, said Israel is one of the countries that now has “many, many” security services inside Syria.

He told the news network he believes Israel’s Mossad is in the country.

Idriss was responding to remarks by the head of the Research Section of Military Intelligence in the IDF, Brig. Gen. Itay Brun.

One of many countries that have security forces in Syria which probably means western (CIA, MI6, etc) along with Russia and perhaps maybe even Iran. So its really no surprise these "security" forces are present.

Brun said at a conference held by the Institute for National Security Studies on Tuesday that Bashar Assad's regime had used chemical weapons in Syria recently.

Several people were killed as a result of this, he said.

"To the best of our professional understanding, the regime has made use of deadly chemical weapons against the rebels in a number of incidents in the past few months," he said, referring to a March 19 incident in Aleppo province in which 31 people were killed, apparently by chemical agents.

Evidence could been seen in the physical symptoms suffered by those who had apparently been exposed to chemical agents, he said.

The White House later said that the United States has not yet concluded that Assad’s regime used chemical weapons against rebel forces, but backs a probe into the matter. U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel urged caution Wednesday over the Israeli claim, saying all evidence must be weighed carefully as such allegations are "serious business".

Whoa, wait a minute... so you're saying Assad and his regime actually used chemical weapons? That's a mighty claim, one that I want to dismiss but I know Israel has the best intelligence in the Middle East, especially on their neighbors like Syria, but then again I'm also aware of Israel's black propaganda.

Idriss told CNN, however, that he can confirm that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons in the Syrian cities of Homs, Aleppo and Otaiba, outside Damascus.

“We took some samples of the soil and of blood. The injured people were observed by doctors and the samples were tested and it was very clear that the regime used chemical weapons,” he said.

Idriss said his doctors gave the samples to “observers” of the civil war in Syria, but refused to name which groups.

Both Britain and France now say soil samples indicate “some use of chemical weapons.”

The man claims this can all be confirmed but so far the US is still looking into it although her allies say some chemical weapons were used. This is not good.

The general also denied Syrian government accusations that the opposition groups have used chemical weapons.

“That is just a kind of propaganda,” he said. “I can tell you that we don’t have chemical weapons. We [wouldn't] like to have such kind of weapons.”

Ahhh yeah, propaganda, who doesn't use it? Of course he defends the rebels against Assad's claims, I mean we can trust these rebels, it's not like their terrorists or anything. Anyone remember those videos of the rebels testing the weapons on rabbits and bragging that they were going to use the weapons on the people? I don't speak the language so who knows what they were saying but either way those rabbits died.

Syria’s Information Minister claimed on Wednesday that Damascus will not use chemical weapons against its own citizens, or in the event of war with its neighbor Israel.

Minister Omran al-Zoubi said Syria would not resort to chemical weapons even if it had to go to war with Israel and use "all resources.”

"Even if Syria does have chemical weapons, our leadership and our military will not use them either against Syrians or against Israelis, above all for moral reasons and secondarily on legal and political grounds," Zoubi reportedly said at a Moscow university.

Well that's good.

And the war drums continue to beat.

Related ATS Threads,

The USA And Israel Step Up Their Propaganda On The Syrian Chemical Weapons Lie

Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons

Britain, France Tell UN They Believe Chemical Weapons Used In Syria

edit on 24-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It would help if the FSA idiot had any credibility to start with. When you have extremist monkeys running around amongst your ranks and it is a proven fact, I find it very hard to believe anything the opposition have to say. Too me there is still no evidence of Chemical weapons use from Assad and this is just more propaganda to attract the brain retarded audience who waste their time watching this crap.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

You should find it very hard to believe him since Al Qaeda and other terrorist factions have infected and spread throughout the rebels. By now I wouldn't be surprised if the terrorists are outnumbering the home grown rebels. Remember Libya and their "rebel" leader who was a terrorist himself and admitted terrorists were among his ranks but assured the world they all were good Muslim men?

Ahh good times. Syria has become Libya 2.0, all they are missing is NATO doing the bombing for them.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

lol, don't worry, NATO will be rushing to the rescue sooner or later and your right. Libya is the exact same and even now they are still having major problems with Embassy bombings amongst other issues. If anything, we have made things worse.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Indeed... If reports say hundreds or even thousands died in horrible ways that leave even veteran workers losing their lunch over the sight they find? Then I'll join the chorus of calls for Assad to take his place at the Hague for a little question and answer session where the points really count.

When it's a dozen or two? Well... Which rebel decided to graduate from bunny rabbits to testing bathtub weapons on people?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Exactly. The only evidence that has surfaced is backyard Chemists testing their work on rabbits. Apart from that, it's nothing more than accusations, a fecies flicking fight.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You must be extra angry at those rebels testing on those innocent rabbits.

RIP furry friends, you're in a better place now.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

yep, dreadful situation... I read it yesterday on Arutz Sheva...

poor innocent civilians. Need Turkey to get onside but not sure how well that went. Issue too is US has withdrawn support because it is not convinced that chemical weapons have been used.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

no they have evidence from the many dead they are burying.

While Hagel was concluding his visit to Israel on Tuesday morning, Israeli Brigadier General Itai Brun, head of the research and analysis division of military intelligence, made headlines when he alleged Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime had used chemical agents -- mostly likely sarin gas -- more than once.

Arutz Sheva

also:

Several people were killed as a result of this, he said.

"To the best of our professional understanding, the regime has made use of deadly chemical weapons against the rebels in a number of incidents in the past few months," he said, referring to a March 19 incident in Aleppo province in which 31 people were killed, apparently by chemical agents.

Evidence could been seen in the physical symptoms suffered by those who had apparently been exposed to chemical agents, he said.

Arutz Sheva

edit on 24-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add link

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't know whether this is relevant to the thread but I will add it also. This is where I cannot take the Israeli's seriously. One minute we have something like this below coming out in the Media

Israel worried about rebels obtaining chemical weapons

Should large quantities of chemical weapons fall into the hands of dangerous rebel groups, Israel and Jordan have discussed the possibility of a full aerial campaign and even a limited ground invasion, though Jordan is said to be reluctant to commit to such options.

The success of Syrian rebel groups affiliated with the likes of Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood poses nearly as much of a threat to Jordan as it does to Israel. After taking down Assad, many of these groups see the Jordanian monarchy as their next logical target.

Only to see or hear what your source has said about Mossad agents operating on the ground in Syria. Doesn't the Israeli government know what their agents are doing or are they just blatantly lying to the world with full knowledge of their influence in Syria? Has it got to the point where intelligence agencies don't answer to the governments and are pretty much the equivalent of a hired group of mercenaries? Something really stinks I'm sorry to say. Seems like the leaders are playing on both teams while they crap themselves also.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

no they have evidence from the many dead they are burying.

Where is this evidence or do we take the words of the Media as absolute truth? I have been suckered in by this crap before and I'm not going to be suckered in again. Whats sad is that it could be truth but because of the lies in the past, I cannot take them seriously.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

well you can do a search for images from March 19 @ Aleppo. I won't post the images or links here.

these images are from individuals (yanno People like you or me with phones with cameras) and not used or shown in the media.

cheers

edit on 25-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: clarify

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You better believe it there Mr. Vader. Who knows? Those poor bunnies could have been distant relatives I'll never hop across at a reunion now. They could have been President Bunny someday if some jackwagon hadn't used them for a warped science experiment! Yes... something does come to mind when I see that video.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

are you suggesting 31 innocent civilians (16 were children) dying from chemical warfare doesn't matter? (oh and that is only the incident on Mar 19)

it is only relevant if it kills on a mass scale? if so... (and if I have misunderstood you, then please clarify) I disagree with that. this dirty warfare has unpredictable potential to contaminate 10 or millions. Of course, Israel and Turkey are keeping a close eye on things. Why? Depending on the chemical, it could seep over and into their borders. Turkey has stepped up border security, why? because 4 innocent Turkish Nationals died when a bomb hit there home... (a woman and her children)... Assad regime has bombs 'accidentally' landing near Golan Heights...

compound that with Assad's Al Qaeda connection -> think it is entirely logical to get in there and keep an eye on things.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

well you can do a search for images from March 19 @ Aleppo. I won't post the images or links here.

these images are from individuals (yanno People like you or me with phones with cameras) and not used or shown in the media.

cheers

That's great and I'm sure the pictures tell 1000 stories along with them but where is the proof that Assad was the one who used the chemical agents like the media are portraying? There are also other reports which are blaming the opposition for that atrocity. This is nothing but a fecies fight where the West get on board with the illegitimate opposition groups to push their Syria agenda. I'm not denying that Chemical agents haven't been used but where is the factual proof that this was the work of the Syrian government?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

No, I would never suggest even one person killed that way is acceptable loss. Even an enemy soldier. No human or animal deserves to die the way weaponized chemicals go about doing the deed to a living thing. A story sticks out real strong in my mind on this in fact. I'd read it back before the Iraq war and fears of WMD relating to the reporters taking it as a joke. Apparently the NBC teams for the US military put together one heck of a presentation on precisely HOW a human being dies from VX or some of the other Nation-State type weapons the modern battlefield might see.

What stuck out was that the reporters who had just before been all laughs and snarky jokes turned serious as a funeral march and couldn't get to hearing their safety briefings quickly enough. I guess the images of someone convulsing so badly they break their own spine does that to a person.

So, no.. I didn't mean to make any light of the idea that people may have died by any chemical agent. It's just the reality that Assad is among the most prolific producers of chemical weapons in the modern world. Israel made nukes ...Syria made slime. They balanced each other out and made for a warped kind of parity. If Assad uses them? It'll be something no one ever has to debate as to if it happened, IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

the planes that drop them are Syrian and owned and operated by Assad.

I would usually post the links and images but they are borderline against the t&c due to the nature of them. Pics of dead kids with their eyes bulging and numbered in the morgue would not be accepted here.

just an ordinary day in Syria

cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I guess we will have to wait and see because apparently Russia have evidence that this was a chemical attack orchestrated by the rebels.

Rebels possibly behind attack

Russia says it has information proving that militants fighting against the Syrian government used chemical weapons in the northern city of Aleppo.

According to Syria’s official news agency SANA, at least 25 people were killed and many others injured after militants fired missiles containing "poisonous gases" into Aleppo’s Khan al-Assal village on Tuesday. Women and children are reported to be among the victims.

"A case of the use of chemical weapons by the armed opposition was recorded early in the morning of March 19 in Aleppo province," the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement shortly after the attack.

And these are not rebel doctors either.

The problem with Aleppo is that it has been divided in certain providences where there are rebel strongholds and also government ones. This city battle has been playing out for a long time so the first thing I would be looking for is where this actually took place and which side has control of the area in question. If it is a government held province, then the rebels are likely responsible and vice versa.
edit on 25-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

and the patient doesn't look affected by chemicals at all (not like the corpses of little kids and others in the morgue)

I agree with you on the skepticism with media and I share your sentiments. Unfortunate fact that we are lied to regularly...that is why I trust the average person that is there taking pics and uploading info to the public more so than msn, cheers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join