It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it means to be created in the image of God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

That actually makes a lot of sense.

edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Man is Gods alter ego.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

In Genesis, its say's God could be heard walking in the garden! So was that Jesus walking through the garden?
john says that the word was and then the word was made flesh.

I like the story of enki and enlil , and I think you call them advanced beings, from Sumerian txt, but I would like to add that God and angels to us would be Alien !

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by defcon5

What the bible means when it says that we are created in the “image of God” is that we have the capacity for the “word” and an eternal soul.

Can you explain that in deeper detail? What do you mean by 'capacity' and how does an eternal soul constitute as an image of "God"?

There are whole theological books written on what the meaning of “the word” is alone, and to be honest I've not read enough on them to speak about it with that level of knowledge. Of the many religious topics that I find interesting, I have never had enough interest in this one to read the volumes written about it. However, I do know that is what is meant by being made in Gods image.

Remember that Christ was “The word made flesh sent to dwell among us”, that in itself should tell you that there is much more depth to this then simply the ability to communicate. Obviously some animals can communicate, some can mimic human speech, and others can even recognize the shapes of some words, but none of them can interpret the meanings with the depth that humans can. In some way, I would have to assume, that the ability to truly understand “the word” is something that is linked to the human soul. An eternal soul that only God and Humans have.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup

In Genesis, its say's God could be heard walking in the garden! So was that Jesus walking through the garden?
john says that the word was and then the word was made flesh.

I like the story of enki and enlil , and I think you call them advanced beings, from Sumerian txt, but I would like to add that God and angels to us would be Alien !

That's exactly what I'm saying...Ancient civilizations referred to extraterrestrial visitors as gods and angels.

Today we call them aliens.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funafuti
reply to post by eleven44

This is how I feel it to be:

Before time, there was a oneness. The oneness "said": "I am one, let me be many" and the oneness created the Universe. A prerequisite for the Universe to exist is duality. Without duality (yin & yang), there couldn't be any relations between anything - the oneness couldn't be many.

The oneness is pure consciousness. We are human. Humans are conscious. We created ourselves to witness ourself. We ARE God.

I like this explanation quite a bit. I'd like your thoughts regarding consciousness as the creator of reality. My own take on the matter is that energy is the substance of which everything is made. As such, it fulfills the requirements of being omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Is energy conscious? If not, how does consciousness spontaneously arise? If so, does this mean that even things we don't consider to be alive are "aware."

Regarding "in the image" - I think it is important to look at those words carefully. Perhaps we should read it literally - the universe is a projection of God and inside that projection we (and all else) were created. The universe thus becomes a representation of what we call God. I hope this has made some sense.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

I would only like to address the image of God part, and not take it into the noble actions of your post

The reason for this is to show something that applies to the title, and will reveal how it requires the mind to see something to confirm what it knows in order to allow it in

The image here represents something that everyone can produce for themselves, and the answer to this difficult question is that if He made them in His Image, then it is easy to see their likeness here on earth to reveal why they are watching (which you stated-but did not believe) the earth

Click here and look on the right side of the image plate and between the branch of the tree

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is "the image of God":
smphillips.8m.com...

Here is mathematical proof that humans are designed according to this blueprint:
Human DNA
smphillips.8m.com...
Human skeleton
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
(pp. 7-13)
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Where was the Tree of Life taken from? Where did it originate? Because I'm pretty sure the Hebrews didn't invent it.
edit on 1-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
eleven44, you say what I wish to say so eloquently. Thank you. I really am looking forward to sharing thoughts.

I really appreciate all views on this subject. It is one tthat has always tweaked my lil ol blonde brain.... LOL

My thought is that we are created in the image of God, that of being a spark of light. A particle of the whole, collective conscious, that I, personnally call "God".

Jesus, one of "us", had a very viable message... we all have the power & the way to everlasting life. Religion is not a necessity.
edit on 1-5-2013 by MoonSage because: More thoughts.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonSage

Jesus, one of "us", had a very viable message... we all have the power & the way to everlasting life. Religion is not a necessity.

Religion is to spirituality as politics is to humanitarianism. Religion merely gives spirituality a direction, an agenda. It does not guarantee the agenda is infallible or even benevolent.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join