It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it means to be created in the image of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I certainly hope God has better looking feet than I do.

The gnarly crinkled toes that I have (on my monkey suit) would be a ghastly sight on
any self-respecting deity.

...I would also hope (if he did create me in his own image) that he doesn't have to go to the bathroom
like I do. It would be really hard to possess the type of dignity that one would expect from a deity
when that deity has to sometimes ask the person in the next stall to hand over some toilet paper...

...which brings to mind another question....Does God eat? AND what does he eat?

edit on 24-4-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Thanks for taking the time to lay out the explanation. It is the explanation I have been given all my life. We were redeemed by means of his sacrifice. It still does not answer the question I originally asked, however, and one which I have pondered over for decades.

Why?....by what mechanism....was it necessary to have a blood sacrifice? Was it merely the rules of the game? Or was there some scientifically relevant reason behind the necessity that Jesus sacrifice his blood.

Why couldn't God simply forgive mankind for the error of their original parents.....simply forgive the debt so to speak. Why did his son have to shed his blood? What was the "science" behind the requirement that blood be poured out?

edit on 24-4-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

These are the relevant questions...and the 'pat' regurgitated and unconsidered answers are the clue to the sieve of that edifice (holding, not just a patchwork quilt - but the tatters of dead-end explanations)...

If (qualifiably), one believes (belief supposedly in support of a greater unitarian system playbook) that thier God is almighty...there is a procedural problem which ensues from the belief that a creation of the Almighty, Omnipotent, Omniscient God could or indeed would be able (given the superlative power [in the least]), and by dent of the creation having come from the superlative being, that somehow, an enemy is able, by some power, mechanism, magic ring...to usurp the power of its creator...this notion is flawed to the Nth degree...and brings into question the belief in an Almighty, Omnipotent, Omniscient God (within at least the shuttered mind of fundies of any flavour)...

I would seriously question my faith, if I had this kind of doubt about the Omnipotence of my God...

Viewed within a greater framework, the necessity for sacrifice (blood or otherwise) is, was, should be performed by soul-units of greater standing (not the lowly cow-herder who has/d no idea what they were doing and why)...enter Christ...perfected Paradise 'Son' of Source, recalibrating wayward created (upper echelon units i.e. Louie Cipher) middle management (who refuse the ALMIGHTY, OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT nature of the Source Creator) to usurp the 'mission statement' and install its own - all the while (marooned from source for various reasons) assuming the position of CEO...Christ redeemer of worlds utters the words...'get behind me'...stamping the authority of 'positional' superiority in all systems...

...continued recalcitrant ideation from 'staff members' is 'rewarded' with personality lobotomy...No Louie Cipher (or henchmen) here...just the after effects of a confused reading of cosmological procedure, and the FREE WILL mandate...

A99

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Thanks for taking the time to lay out the explanation. It is the explanation I have been given all my life. We were redeemed by means of his sacrifice. It still does not answer the question I originally asked, however, and one which I have pondered over for decades. Why?....by what mechanism....was it necessary to have a blood sacrifice? Was it merely the rules of the game? Or was there some scientifically relevant reason behind the necessity that Jesus sacrifice his blood. Why couldn't God simply forgive mankind for the error of their original parents.....simply forgive the debt so to speak. Why did his son have to shed his blood? What was the "science" behind the requirement that blood be poured out?

Not sure "son of man" was the sacrificial POINT (of itself to itself its Parent) or was it exactly? Who was acting as God? The son or the idea OF PARENT? Blood, this is the fun thing, blood holds memory. To shed it felled upon mineral ground EARTH MOTHER becomes more a sacrifice to HER not the God Embodiment. Why would the son allow itself to be killed for its own representitive, ITSELF AS SON/DAUGHTERS of MAN. There is no arguement for self sacrifice (ONLY IF GOD KILLED ITSELF FIRST AND PROVED IT). Pretty sure Louis Cypher rolled 7s or 11s on this table of quicksand as knew all outcomes regardless (I WIN, YOU LOSE-ERS).

edit on 25-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Blah, blah. Anyone that tries to explain what god's intentions are or claims to know what god is? Is missing the point. Who are we to know god's voice?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by asinapi1
Blah, blah. Anyone that tries to explain what god's intentions are or claims to know what god is? Is missing the point. Who are we to know god's voice?

So, you are obviously not a SHILL FOR GOD because you do not know him or KNOW him ALL too well. Oh wait I think I am hearing pure mathmatics AS SOUND, Bach.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The irony in this statement is that one must first decide which god
we have been created in the image of, i love how christians have
this huge ego and think just because their religious book says
so that they are the chosen ones, guess what? most other religions
tell their followers that too! and science isn't trying to overthrow or
replace god at all, it is simply fixing all the problem that religion
promises to yet cannot deliver on the promises it has made.

You must remember that crhistians told us faith healing was
real, so they tested it, not real, they told us god would guide
and improve the world yet until science came along and finally
got the recognition it deserved and was allowed to develop
free from the clutches of the church nothing really did change......

I just love how religion can flat out ignore its lies and false promises
yet science which actually fixes and proves that what it claims
is actually true gets called the evil liar..... WHAT HAPPENED TO
HONESTY? i thought there was some command about not
lying?? oh that one only applies if the truth does not prove that
the claims of religion are lies.......

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
The irony in this statement is that one must first decide which god
we have been created in the image of, i love how christians have
this huge ego and think just because their religious book says
so that they are the chosen ones, guess what? most other religions
tell their followers that too! and science isn't trying to overthrow or
replace god at all, it is simply fixing all the problem that religion
promises to yet cannot deliver on the promises it has made.

You must remember that crhistians told us faith healing was
real, so they tested it, not real, they told us god would guide
and improve the world yet until science came along and finally
got the recognition it deserved and was allowed to develop
free from the clutches of the church nothing really did change......

I just love how religion can flat out ignore its lies and false promises
yet science which actually fixes and proves that what it claims
is actually true gets called the evil liar..... WHAT HAPPENED TO
HONESTY? i thought there was some command about not
lying?? oh that one only applies if the truth does not prove that
the claims of religion are lies.......

Christians are them, vs Us as Christians. We do not agree, (well I never do) as I am not a joiner and will never admit to someone elses falsehood. The purpose of religion is to obviscate and quantify self belief (as in I killed my mother because I had a Shakespearian Oedipus complex). The evil liar gets a break. Alright, Joan of Arc was burned to death by the Catholic Church King Charles she fought for, why/ she was witch heretic that saved France from Northwestern France (Bourgandy) Saxon English Rule in 1440s. Why, because in the end no one believed GOD SPOKE TO HER, not really she was a political LAMB/BOMB, and was loved more than Charles. It always comes down to the political. Was Cannonized 500 years later by the Roman Catholic Church, THEY COVERING SOME AFTERLIFE BETS THERE. ==========TOO LATE IT WAS SEEN AS A LEFT HANDED COMPLIMENT.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Huh?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

While most understand 'image of God' to mean in form or relationship...
...I think that the 'image of God' resides in our function...
...this function being primarily our task of ruling over earth...
...a role we do not currently fulfil very well.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
and the correct answer is .......

Awareness/Observer/Consciousness is a unit/extension of God, like a drop of water is an extension from an Ocean.

The real you is covered up and hidden by ignorance, ego, and the body concept.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is just sad. Threads like these are the reasons we have wars, greed, etc..... makes me sick. People are so ignorant it's not even funny! God is just a clever ploy to stop us from thinking further, it stops us from realizing what's happening to us and planet. How can you sit there, with the bible being as flawed as it is and claim THAT one particular god to be the one "true god" ????? All those stories were taken from other mythologies to design the perfect religion for enticing humans and what's messed is they have you believe the devil is in the shadows trying to make you doubt the existence of that god.

Can none of you see how this is a trick? You realize once you're dead, YOU'RE DEAD. You won't even know because THAT PART OF THE BRAIN WILL BE GONE. It's just a trick guys, they're leading you to your death all while you worship lies and follow laws that only demean us. We are a species, not some gifted race created in the image of some god. We are no more important than a MOSQUITO, this is why we have wars and disease BECAUSE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. All you guys ever care about is some NONEXISTENT PARADISE!!!! and as a result millions suffer EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I try not to get angry but this is getting ridiculous. They keep telling a lie and eventually people will believe it. The truth is there is no god, or a JC nor HEAVEN/HELL. You want answers? Look to the stars and THINK, seriously.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I guess what I was trying to convey is that God requires faith in death burial and resurrection of His sacrifice. Children do not need a scientific explanation. They merely come to the Lord in faith and trust in that no, I can't make it in this world without you Lord. I need you Lord. And, the Lord receives the humble and meek of the earth. If you by your on intellect try to figure God out before you come to him. You will not see him or know him. God confounds the wise in their own conceit.

Many will miss the mark and calling of God because they try to figure God out in their own puny little brain.

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than man; and the weakness of God is stronger than men." (I Corinthians 1:25)

If you lack and/or weak in the field of Science and desire a scientific proof then I suggest you go to the Word of God rather than seek the advice of man to explanations for the why the blood was necessary. I believe God would give you a simple explanation if you are open for what he has to say to you. You say you have searched for years for scientific proof or some such of why the blood. Have you searched the scriptures. Any answer man has for you, I am sure God thought of it first. Why not go to the source of life, God himself.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Actually, it is because Christianity adopted Greek philosophy and is leaning very heavily on Plato's forms. That is, everything is a copy of some transcendent perfect. The Good was transformed into God.

That's about as deep as I want to go, but you can really delve into Greco-Christian thinking and pull out some interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
reply to post by the_philth

Your ignorance is shining brilliantly! You do not understand the circumstance regarding the flood during the time of Noah. The DNA of all humans at that time had been altered through the union of fallen beings. Their children were called the Nephelim (Children of fallen Angels and daughters of men) in Genesis 6. The whole of human kind had been corrupted through the alteration of the human DNA. The plan of Satan was to corrupt the human race by changing the DNA. If Satan could corrupt the whole human race the promise of God too crush the head of Satan through a Savior could be stopped. Noah and his family, their DNA had not been corrupted. The Bible says that Noah was perfect in his generation. The word perfect does not mean he was morally perfect. It means his DNA had not been corrupted. All humans had corrupted DNA and therefore had to be destroyed so that God could bring about the salvation of mankind. The wickedness of man was great in the earth at that time.

God destroyed the human race through the flood because of his love and mercy and grace for you and me!
Holy Mackerel! Hey Cor Leonis, the Middle Ages sent its Homing Pigeon with a message, and it says it wants it's mentality back!

Wow! That was an earful!

Hey, let me ask you something --- do you really believe the rhetoric you're spewing? I mean come on... seriously... hey, how's your cell phone reception on the Mayflower there bud?

Listen, I'm not one to bash people about their beliefs; I'm a firm believer in Luke 6:31 "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." but when people insult me like you so lovingly have ["Your ignorance is shining brilliantly!"], it's time to put on the gloves pal!

All the things you're trying to school me on, like the flood in the time of Gilgamesh... er... uh... I mean, Noah, the Nephilim and (cough...cough...) Satan... come on man... get outta here with that stuff. The things you're defending are hand-me-down stories from books written by previous civilizations L--O--N--G before Catholicism, Christianity, Latter Day Saints or whatever and however many religious denominations are out there now!

Listen, before your faith-derived insults begin to make you look like a Religious Zombie stuck on Auto Pilot, may I suggest you grow a brain and start doing some thinking of your own, and just do a little research here and there on the very subject you're defending... you may either learn your way into Independent Thinking for the Advancement of the Self, or you may in fact learn that the topic you defend is all a crock and is of Born Again Defecation created to dumb down the general public into being the urban slaves that you are! It's a Win/Win!

I understand that it probably may be difficult for you to not let these fairy tales be a measuring stick for your life, but you at least have to TRY to learn some history on the subject --- some R E A L history.

I don't mean going to your Bible and trying to re-read it over and over again until you *think* you get it --- read the Book of Enoch to really understand who your "Satan" really was as well as who the "Nephilim" really were, and learn about why other Apocrypha were removed.

There's still hope for you Cor Leonis!

I have Faith that you will wise up and see the true light... the light at your core that powers all and everything you do in life.

Try to turn off that Auto Pilot switch so your soul can do a little flying of its own as opposed to just following some man-made book that was probably fabricated by a bunch of power-mad monks who had delusions of grandeur over endless rounds of Ale!

Your Soul is yours and yours alone. It belongs to you and no other. Don't leave it in the hands Hope. Guide thy life by thine own eyes --- and not by some doctrine of man!

"Strangers passing in the street by chance to separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity

Men are under a strong delusion that they can take over god using science ,What they dont realize is all matter in the universe is blinking on and off so fast they cant measure it,in other words we are in a large quantum computer created by yeshua and he is laughing at there attempts to rule over his creation.

You are under the assumption that creation and Jehovah is separate. What if it is not? Jehovah means "the existing One". In truth all that only exits. Just because a cell does not understand it is part of a body and thinks it is separate does not make it untrue. But if your ego mind believe you are separated from the whole you will not experiance how it feels to be part of the whole.

Why do you think god would say in our image? It is the human ego that believe it is separate but it is not. Hurt you fellow man/woman and you hurt the whole. Hurt nature and you hurt the whole. To love anything is to love god.

The highest awareness that exists are waiting for us to take our place among them and understand how everything works on all levels but are teaching in stages to the level the students can understand. But we seem to be close to another stage in our development. Time for human society and human minds to evolve to the next stage for those who are ready. And the next stage is a game changer.

All knowledge be it science and spiritual knowledge are current understanding of what is. It is supposed to be questioned and observed without the ego mind influencing what we want to be. I might never now the 100% truth since to know that I need to know all. But I will make the best assumption I can based on synchronicity guiding, using the questioning mind I have been given and common sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthEvolves

The real question is how to use the power for our own purposes.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 25-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Nevermind

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeliberatusImmemor

Sweet!

So we can blame our choices on the "devil" and not take responsibility for our own actions?

Reminds me of Adam and Eve doing the same thing.

Some things never change, eh?

You are supposed to blame your flaws in your ego since that is the part of you that is symbolically a part of the "devil". Why do you think ego death is a part of spiritual growth? Observe the ego and do not cave to it when you see it acting up. The observer is the master not the ego.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funafuti

This is how I feel it to be:

Before time, there was a oneness. The oneness "said": "I am one, let me be many" and the oneness created the Universe. A prerequisite for the Universe to exist is duality. Without duality (yin & yang), there couldn't be any relations between anything - the oneness couldn't be many.

The oneness is pure consciousness. We are human. Humans are conscious. We created ourselves to witness ourself. We ARE God.

I agree and we are destined to be one again. Every part a little different and changing due to their experiances.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

The good news is... We can also create the solutions.
We can create peace.
We can create community.
We can create any world that we can imagine.

How can we create peace without killing all of the warring people (Little Fat Boy in North Korea, all the lunatic Islamic terrorists, people in power using their military to force their will on other nations)?

How do we create community without killing all the drunks, druggies, whores, wife beaters, pedophiles, thieves, psychopaths; the greedy, the selfish, all gang members, violent people, stupid people, ambitious, aggressive, intolerant, prejudice...

You can imagine any kind of world you want, but what you imagine isn't realistic.
edit on 4/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Raise awareness in all people of what they are. I will say from my point of view what is happening on this planet right know. A lot of people are waking up from a dream and starting to push huge amount of kundalini that is changing reality on this planet and making it even easier for other people to wake up. Synchronicity is starting to be noticed around the world by more and more people and some of them are very annoyed at one version 11:11 and it is going to get worse and worse until it is being talked about all people around the world.

You might not like things that are not proven yet by science but you have chosen a time to live where some parts that have been ignored by science will not allowed to be ignored much longer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join