It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it means to be created in the image of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some choose not to believe that we are
'Made in the image of God'
because of the amount of war, suffering, greed, etc, present in the World,
and since God is supposedly only Love...
how are we Humans capable of 'bad'?

What those people are missing is that
'being created in the image of God' means
we are Creators ourselves.
We created those wars.
We created that pollution.
We created the homeless.
We created the corporations.
We even created our own personal drama and suffering.
See, we have focused our God given energy in negative directions.
The good news is...
We can also create the solutions.
We can create peace.
We can create community.
We can create any world that we can imagine.

At least...that's what I think.
It's time to go to lunch.
Hope all you guys are having a great day.
edit on 24-4-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Men are under a strong delusion that they can take over god using science ,What they dont realize is all matter in the universe is blinking on and off so fast they cant measure it,in other words we are in a large quantum computer created by yeshua and he is laughing at there attempts to rule over his creation.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I completely agree but getting the rest off the world to think like that thats the problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I often wonder if "we" create on a subconscious level, and interpret the creation with conscious awareness.

Enjoy lunch!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We are created in the spiritual Image of God. At the highest level of enlightenment we are part of God. It means that we have more power than we know. Relinquishing ego is a big part of exercising that power wisely.

edit on 24-4-2013 by EarthEvolves because: add

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What it means to be created in the image of God

In my opinion? Something akin to how our children are created in the image of their parents... in a biological manner of speaking. (Since parents don't do much parenting anymore, we have to subtract any manner of being raised to certain standards.)

In this case, we have an eternal spirit/soul that is part of God. And like a chip off the old block, we love to invent and create. As a matter of fact, we're busy right now trying to create various forms of artificial life/intelligence.

Now, is God into war and economies and such? I dunno because I haven't yet seen the 'other side' that I can recall, anyway. I guess it's up to us whether we want to blame deity for all our human foibles. It is certainly better than accepting responsibility for our own behavior, no?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Wrong on all points! Every human being, born in this world after the original sin of Adam are born in this world a two part being. We are born of body and we have soul life. (breath life, the life is in the blood)

Adam was a three part being of body soul and spirit. He died spiritually in the day of the original sin. He then became a two part being and we are born in his likeness.

Jesus Christ came into the world to sacrifice himself so that we as humans could once again become that three part being of which Adam was originally.

Jesus Christ even told a Religious Leader of his day, "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN!"

Being born again of the spirit of God, we become children of God. Without the spirit of God the human race belongs to the Satan.

Satan is the one who injects fiery darts, (thoughts) of evil and destruction into our minds and hearts. We don't create those thoughts, they are endless suggestion, suggested to a vulnerable human race that is a fallen race of beings because of the fallen state of our ancestors, namely Adam and Eve.

The human race is NOT created in the likeness of God after Adam and Eve. You must be born again to attain that likeness.

God is spirit! And, they that worship him must worship Him in spirit and in truth! (John 6:24)

A two part being cannot worship God in spirit and in truth. You MUST become a three part being of body, soul (breath life) and SPIRIT!

Again, we do not create destruction. We listen to the enemy of our soul, Satan. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places! It is in the book of Ephesians!

A person cannot explain the things of God without the spirit of God. It just makes one look foolish!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Sweet!

So we can blame our choices on the "devil" and not take responsibility for our own actions?

Reminds me of Adam and Eve doing the same thing.

Some things never change, eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
God sure showed us his love when he decided to try and drown us all back in the day --- or like that one time when he sent us a nice bouquet of love in the form of fire and brimstone rained down from the heavens!

We were created in his image meaning, we must look just like the Gods did back when they created us... that is... half monkey and half God!

As far as being Godlike ourselves... Ha!
I still can't figure out how to walk on water yet!
I still can't figure out how to bend spoons with my mind or instantly turn water into wine.
I've yet to figure out how to blow up a mugger with my mind as he's running away with an old lady's purse.

As soon as some of these things start happening, that's when I start believing that we were created in *their* image!

Until then... we're still puny humans with far too much ego for our own good!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

We are not creators. Dominion over the earth was given to the human. That dominion was relinquished to the enemy of God, Satan. The key to over coming the destruction of this world and the destruction of the soul is to become in the likeness of God via the spirit of God and walking like Christ walked with a renewed mind according to the Word and Will of God the Father.

God said take care of the earth and multiply.

Without the spirit of God, what has mankind accomplished in our generation? The murder of Millions of babies and Men sleeping with men and women sleeping with women. Kind of hard to multiply that way!

Satan loves it when we fall for his lies! And, he certainly does not want the human to know that the human must be born again to become in the likeness of God.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death and Satan knows his time is short.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Jesus Christ came into the world to sacrifice himself so that we as humans could once again become that three part being of which Adam was originally.

Everything you said makes sense to me. The one thing that has always intrigued me and I don't completely understand is the SACRIFICE part. Why?....What was the mechanism (the philosophical "science")....that required sacrifice.

In other words, I can understand a mother or father stepping in front of a bullet to protect their child. That is sacrifice. Who was requiring Jesus Christ's LIFE in exchange for US? God? What was the THEOLOGICAL reason that required human sacrifice?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeliberatusImmemor

Did not say we are not responsible for our own action. We have choices in life to make. Choose life or choose death!

Thanks for reminding me about that truth. It would be wise to choose life rather than mock and scoff at it!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Would love to answer your question but have to step out for awhile please keep watching this thread and I'll be back.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This is how I feel it to be:

Before time, there was a oneness. The oneness "said": "I am one, let me be many" and the oneness created the Universe. A prerequisite for the Universe to exist is duality. Without duality (yin & yang), there couldn't be any relations between anything - the oneness couldn't be many.

The oneness is pure consciousness. We are human. Humans are conscious. We created ourselves to witness ourself. We ARE God.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funafuti

The oneness is pure consciousness. We are human. Humans are conscious. We created ourselves to witness ourself. We ARE God.
Very Valentine Michael Smith!

I like the way you think!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

Thanks!

This has come to my "understanding" through an intense time of contemplation in which I've been reading up on different religions and meditating.

I'll check out that book for sure! Thanks for the tip!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves

We are created in the spiritual Image of God. At the highest level of enlightenment we are part of God.

Interesting 1 wonders if this was considered, how the POVs would as well. As it seems many only attach a physical image in relation to this scripted data and tend not to look further.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As it SEEms a Metaphysical advanced Spiritual attribute if not many are related to those WRITTEN of as Messiah types / Lords or demiis , AS WELL AS HUMANS thru times here within and outside of the many religious text. So to consider deeper in what that image may mean to 1 seems logical. This would possible allow for understanding of how energy transits or is moved / placed, SOUL -INTERNAL -SPIRIT energy...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Gen 1:26..."Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likeness...."

Obviously a GROUP of beings at work here.

According to the Ancient Alien theory ( Sumerian and other ancient biblical texts), an advanced civilization of extraterrestrials came to Earth with the objective of creating a worker for needed labor. Ancient civilizations called these advanced beings Gods.

They took their own DNA and the DNA of the primate that was here and genetically engineered a hybrid worker; the human.

So the line "made in God's image" describes the DNA footprint binded into us through genetic engineering.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Wrong on all points! Every human being, born in this world after the original sin of Adam are born in this world a two part being. We are born of body and we have soul life. (breath life, the life is in the blood)

Adam was a three part being of body soul and spirit. He died spiritually in the day of the original sin. He then became a two part being and we are born in his likeness.

Jesus Christ even told a Religious Leader of his day, "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN!"

Being born again of the spirit of God, we become children of God. Without the spirit of God the human race belongs to the Satan.

Satan is the one who injects fiery darts, (thoughts) of evil and destruction into our minds and hearts. We don't create those thoughts, they are endless suggestion, suggested to a vulnerable human race that is a fallen race of beings because of the fallen state of our ancestors, namely Adam and Eve.

The human race is NOT created in the likeness of God after Adam and Eve. You must be born again to attain that likeness.

God is spirit! And, they that worship him must worship Him in spirit and in truth! (John 6:24)

A two part being cannot worship God in spirit and in truth. You MUST become a three part being of body, soul (breath life) and SPIRIT!

Again, we do not create destruction. We listen to the enemy of our soul, Satan. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places! It is in the book of Ephesians!

A person cannot explain the things of God without the spirit of God. It just makes one look foolish!

I agree with you on all points and fail to see how this goes against my post.

I 100% believe in God. I believe in the teachings of Jesus. I understand that we must be born again, which is accomplished by releasing the ego and opening yourself up to All That Is God.

The only difference at the moment is I didn't use the same words or names as you did. This doesn't mean I disagree with you, it just means that I am trying to approach people on a different level first.
It is sad, but many people immediately tune out when they hear the words 'Jesus' and 'Satan.'

I worship, pray, praise and appreciate God every day.
I thank Jesus for coming to show us the way.
I also thank all other divine teachers who have come to enlighten us as well.

We are all still 3 parts - mind, body and soul - but yes, we do have to be 'awakened' or 'born again' to fully realize this.

I'm glad to hear your input though.
Please know I am not shy about speaking out about my love for God or Jesus...but I've seen how the masses respond here on ATS and i'm just trying to use different terminology.

Much love.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join