It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I die and am no longer human, I have decided to be a mermaid...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I am told that mermaids do not exist and it is all just fantasy but can't we say the same thing about religion? yanno, that other famous fantasy = God?

anyway, I am sure it will be wonderful... I can swim about with all the species I love:

I can have a mermaid baby (not sure how...no lower bits?)

and I can just spend time swimming about:

I can have a beautiful cave with all my friends:

I can play with the sea horses and starfish:

and I can eat seaweed rolls with caviar everyday!!

now that to me would be the ideal state of being... and why can't I wish or desire that? oh... that would be against religion, wouldn't it?

I remember being told off at school for saying... "When I grow up, I want to be a mermaid" and that was totally unacceptable then... well bugga off.... I can believe what I want...
and what is wrong with that belief?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I bet mermaid is delicious.

Watch out for them Squids.

edit on 23-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I like to entertain the belief that how you spend your "after-death", is entirely up to you.
Some people might believe there is nothing, some people might believe they pass on into another realm, some people believe they go to the place their religion tells them they are going.
Perhaps all of these things are true, perhaps none of them are.
Till my time comes, I shall just entertain my notion that I can be what I want or do what I want or go where I want, because I have the right to be deluded about what lies after death, if I want

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wait, what? Don't let your spirituality be limited by religion. I want to be a mermaid next time now, too. I love water. It seems nice.
edit on 23-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When I die, I'm pretty sure I'll be stinky mush. Then after a while, I'll be bones and hair, with some skin, then that'll break down and I'll be fertilizer head to toe about 100 years from now. I'll come back as bacteria and plant life. Thus the phrase "pushing up daisies".

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

yanno, I just watched that and was expecting to see squid but what I saw at the start was what I got for the entire time... and then I figured out...it is all about the music?

and yes that is a worry, I had not thought about being considered a food source but the same thing could be said for humans? People say that we are part of the food chain... I am sure I read a thread where someone claimed humans were being abducted and eaten by aliens..?

reply to post by Lulzaroonie

thank you... we can believe what we want and be deluded together

reply to post by darkbake

Great! hope to see you in the ocean at some later date

reply to post by Bedlam

well if your going to be bacteria or stinky mush...then I am pretty sure we will meet up at sometime in the ocean...

edit on 23-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add replies to

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Please say hi to this guy, and thank him for kepping me safe while i fared the seven seas

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Are you a shellback? Second line.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

oh fantastic... I don't know this dudes name but for my own fantasy agenda... he can be my Dad

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by Mianeye

Are you a shellback? Second line.
Yes i am, no diploma though

Another second line...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If you are talking about your next life you can't really say that mermaids do not exist. Maybe they do ... on some planet in a far away galaxy, we simply don't know.

That being said be careful what you wish for. suppose you become a mermaid on some planet, and mermaids just happen to be the most liked food on that planet, and you find out you are on a mermaid farm, where they fatten you then eat you, oops.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Mianeye

oh fantastic... I don't know this dudes name but for my own fantasy agenda... he can be my Dad

Neptune

God of the sea

If you are lucky, you might end up by his side.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Thats Posiedon from Greek Mythology, or Neptune, if you wanna get all Roman

In the Little Mermaid though, his name is King Triton
What do you mean, why do I know that? I ... uh... looked it up?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Oh wow... I didn't know that so thankyou... Neptune...farout. God of water and mermaids? Brilliant.

That means it is possible

oh but as for 'being by his side'... looks like he already has one ??? lol

reply to post by Lulzaroonie

thanks... as for looking stuff up... I found this on bing. Not sure how legit it is...but when I found it, I was like... mwah...there is my ghost!!

maybe?

reply to post by kaleshwarchand777

well I read in the bible that Christ referred to himself as a fish.... and then when I look at the image directly above...perhaps that is why I ended up being a human? Maybe I was a mermaid that was eaten and then became what ate me? A lot of philosophy states that 'we are what we eat'..

edit on 23-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add reply

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Mermaids are real, you just have to be from Australia and about 10 years old

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I remember someone saying " When I come back I want to be a bra!". I found that funny.
When I die I'm going to see as much of the universe as I can as an energy form, we all have our death desires.
Oh and I have decided that my final words will be " The treasure, I buried it at..........ugh"...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
bad time to be a mermaid, stunned by sonar, constant migraine due to the background noise caused by shipping traffic. plastics in yer food and dumped industrial waste to swim in and you might even get eaten by the Japanese...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
I remember someone saying " When I come back I want to be a bra!". I found that funny.

When I was younger and used to buy Kerrang! (a rock/metal music magazine), they had at the very back page a Q&A with various band members every week, and one week was Corey Taylor of Slipknot.
When asked what he wanted to be reincarnated as, his answer was "A well travelled vagina!"
I still ponder to this day how this could be a good thing to come back as...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicideeddie
bad time to be a mermaid, stunned by sonar, constant migraine due to the background noise caused by shipping traffic. plastics in yer food and dumped industrial waste to swim in and you might even get eaten by the Japanese...

Maybe I could be part of a Mermaid Action Group that helps saves the sea life that usually die from plastic waste? (eg: North Pacific Garbage Patch)

Yes and after seeing what the Japanese do to the Whales and Dolphins.. the only time I would hang out near there was to eeek in a high pitched voice to ward them all away from being killed by one of their 'Research Vessels'

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Good for you, im coming back as a banker.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join