It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Earth from Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Links, sources, evidence..Something?

I used to pile 50ft of tin foil on my radio to get a signal.
Now I can kill people with a joystick from thousands of miles away.

It's not unrealistic that we dropped a remote control car on Mars.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
It literally amazes me the way people just believe this whole mars thing. There is no rover folks, hate to break it to you. It is all fake, and some of you folks just swallow it right up. Lets worry whats happening on our planet before we dig in on another one.

Are you really trolling this thread? Wow...

It seems you can't even share a cool picture without the fun police coming in and giving their "expert" opinion.

Got any proof it isn't real?! Cause I have more evidence and proof it IS real.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Here are a few:blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Pretty, isn’t it? You can find endless copies of it online; just search on the term "mars skyline". It’s been picked up on tons of Tumblrs and other social media. But yeah, there’s just one problem: it’s not real. I knew right away it wasn’t legit, but it’s hard to say exactly how. I’ve run into this problem before; I have a lot of experience looking at space images, and you just get a sense of what’s real and what isn’t. This one screams fake. The landscape color is a bit too saturated for Mars*. The sky’s the wrong color. The clouds are too numerous, the wrong color as well, and they have that "rendered by software" look to them.

www.wired.com...

You know this neat image of the Martian sky that’s been making the social media rounds, purportedly showing Earth, Venus, and Jupiter as luminescent dots in a Martian twilight? Yeah, well, it’s not real. Phil Plait, aka the “Bad Astronomer,” analyzes the image over on his blog, and gives use the run down on its fakery: I knew right away it wasn’t legit, but it’s hard to say exactly how. I’ve run into this problem before; I have a lot of experience looking at space images, and you just get a sense of what’s real and what isn’t. This one screams fake. The landscape color is a bit too saturated for Mars. The sky the wrong color. The clouds are too numerous, the wrong color as well, and they have that “rendered by software” look to them.

I will go find more. Dont get mad at me because I told you Santa wasnt real.....just saying I have heard and seen this before, it is not a new pic, and has been debunked. Cool pic or not, just saying it isnt real.
www.allmediany.com...
www.itsokaytobesmart.com...
Look at the bottom left corner and see the NE. It is a pic from planetarium software, if you read the links I posted you will see.
edit on 22-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selyatek
It is not real.

Check it out

Man, and I fell for it.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So that is where the aliens come from......Point of perspective view

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So that is where the aliens come from......Point of perspective view

I thought the other two dots were UFOs myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Bummer.

They could have used real ones. Even if they didn't have the best view, it would have been fine.
Bastards.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

It literally amazes me the way people just believe this whole mars thing. There is no rover folks, hate to break it to you. It is all fake, and some of you folks just swallow it right up. Lets worry whats happening on our planet before we dig in on another one.

Regardless if this picture is "true" or not, I think it speaks volumes to how limited we really are. We take for granted that we live on a planet on which we can wage ridiculous wars with even greater ridiculousness in the amount of fire power we have to wage those wars because we have bombs that can take out not only millions of people in the first blast, but billions more in the aftermath. And it seems we are always on the edge of that exinction event whether it's an act of war, or a virus (that may have been weaponized as an act of war), or pollution ( which may have been weaponized as an act of geo engineering), and we have to learn to back away from that edge collectively. Not as a world government that has "collectivised" the population. But as a planet that hosts lots of different lives: people and their cultures, animals, environments and the animals and plants that contribute to that eco system. A planet that hosts a race of humans that care.
Okay, I'm ranting....
Okay, now I'm exhausted. Good night all.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yeah nice pic but not real. You can see NE at bottom left of pic.

It from planetarium software possibly Stellarium.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
No conspiracy or doominess here, just a cool picture I saw and instantly thought of this website.

Check it out.

well, i'm afraid there is a conspiracy here as curiously no curiousity rover ever
made it into the sky nor outside earth, not to mind anywhere near mars!
MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax!

wakey wakey time people! and high time to unsuspend disbelief!!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pike13
Just wondering why there is a pixelated box around the planets. Is that normal I'm not into photography .

can we say photoshop or computer generated imagery? or would it be too
difficult to produce such sceneries in this day and age? (sarcastic/rhetorical question!)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selyatek
It is not real.

Check it out

ah! thought so before i saw your post and link.
see how gullible some are regarding all things even slightly associated with NASA,

when people when will you wake up to the con behind EVERYTHING that NASA
has produced for public consumption?
Apollo, and All the other space hoaxes!

many still need to get very busy reading, it still seems.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

a man of sound mind and clear resolve here on ats.
how refreshing!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

What amazes me is the way that people go into threads and "confirm" to everyone that every little thing is a conspiracy.

The Rover is real. I have followed it's progress.

Now I'm sure you're aware of the popular ATS trend that it's your place to prove that it's fake, or GTFO, as it where.

Can't even share a cool looking picture on here these days..

it is fake, and see the proof you require in the link i posted a few posts ago.
if you are not part of the solution (i.e. recognising fakery when and where you see it) fairguy,
then you are part of the problem.
it seems that you are part of the very same problem that has conned and robbed tax payers
of billions upon billions over the years.

prove me wrong, mate!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RubberDuckGB
Yeah nice pic but not real. You can see NE at bottom left of pic.

It from planetarium software possibly Stellarium.

wow man thanks! after 5 people saying that same thing thankfully you came and clariffied it saying it again!

here is a real picture of earth from mars however.

Earth from Mars

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

really amazes me how people choose to try to hold back a species . If you are so concerned about world events what are you doing about it .

and what proof do you have there is no rover ? did you see it on youtube

ETA neat thread even if it is a hoax
edit on 23/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

No conspiracy or doominess here, just a cool picture I saw and instantly thought of this website.

Check it out.

well, i'm afraid there is a conspiracy here as curiously no curiousity rover ever

A few of my friends at NASA/KSC who designed, built, loaded for launch, fired it into space, tracked it and are now monitoring it's progress and controlling it's actions on Mars have a different opinion.

Yes it was built. Yes it was launched (I saw it, I watched it leave earth from my front yard.
I didn't read someone's blog or read someone who wasn't involved in any aspect of the the Mars programs cobbled, contrived or skewed hypothosis or opinion.

I talked to, live next door to, spend plenty of time with these NASA engineers, and watched with my own eye's the reality of the situation.
It differs from your crackpot and beguiled opinion.

PS I can say the same thing about the Apollo Moon landings.
First hand eyewitnessed by me.
Not blog read by you

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That's awesome.

I love the time lapse photography from Galileo.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Check it out.

A few of my friends at NASA/KSC who designed, built, loaded for launch, fired it into space, tracked it and are now monitoring it's progress and controlling it's actions on Mars have a different opinion.

Yes it was built. Yes it was launched (I saw it, I watched it leave earth from my front yard.
I didn't read someone's blog or read someone who wasn't involved in any aspect of the the Mars programs cobbled, contrived or skewed hypothosis or opinion.

I talked to, live next door to, spend plenty of time with these NASA engineers, and watched with my own eye's the reality of the situation.
It differs from your crackpot and beguiled opinion.

PS I can say the same thing about the Apollo Moon landings.
First hand eyewitnessed by me.
Not blog read by you

hey everyone, grobble says it so it must be so.
nothing to see here. go home all!
all the indisputable fakery is but a figment of our twisted and conspiracy bent
tiny minds.

call off the dogs. grubble takes the time out of his almost hands-on space exploration work
to put a few forum surfers straight.
what a top-notch type fellow, eh?

what happenened to the original apollo recordings, the most important recordings
in history, again? oh that's right, they were lost! doh! and we won't mention the earthly
petrified wood offerings to museums around the world by asstronots like 'buzz the
buzzy buzzer buzzbut' aldrin! nor the lunar lander that was patched together with
some cardboard and a few sheets of foil!

what a load of bollocks!

(that's not to say that behind the fakery presented to us year after year after
year doesn't lie a bona fida space program involving technologies undisclosed to
the public, but what we were and are being presented with is utter tosh of the
highest order.)

then again, grobble says different so it must be so. i'm now convinced. surely!

pffft!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join