It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - depositors WILL lose everything! You will be Cyprus'ed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

well i guess every titanic has a crows nest hopefully thats the part thats still above water when the hulk of the ship hits rock bottom

The Titanic rests 12500' down which is about where everything will come to rest once the financial crash heads south. If you do not have hard assets you will go down with the ship. The only life boat that will float is hard assets. Gold and silver will be fixed at $1440 and silver around $28 an oz until the crash, after that a sharp rise and then a drop to historical value effectively wiping out the last bit of wealth of those that held onto gold and silver. They will take everything you have including your knickers and leave you with $0.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Once the supermarkets start to go empty, then things will start to get interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

re forclosure (in the US at least)
Capt (R) Joyce O'Riley of thepower hour on GCN had to spend thousands when they tried to forclose on her house.
It had been paid for for several years when this all started
edit on 23-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

aye mate
thats why I listened to certain hated internet radio hosts and discovered hard currency and bugged out back when silver was in the single digits...
damn the wifi at the restaurant at the end of the universe ( northern ontario ) is spotty

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
My employer requires us to use direct deposit or else we dont get paid. What choice do I have??

My brother is in the same situation, he uses a Prepaid card called blue bird from walmart, he gets paid to it via direct deposit and instantly goes and takes it out of the card for cash.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Prepaid cards are an excellent idea and you can load them with any amount, although I don't know how safe they would be in a haircut situation? Puterman...any clues? If you get the right kind of card ( a which? type search will compare them for you) you will get all the protection for purchases that you would get with a regular credit card.

Also, Puterman...sorry I'm just awake and a bit fuzzy. Was reading through the article on the Irish depositors, and did they say that some people lost everything they had deposited, and not just 10%? Did I read that right?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
...and all hell will break loose when it happens. All I can say, is the government better have some contingency plans, because there will be a mass of angry people wanting their money. The last person I would want to be is a banker or a politician.

Plan A: Make sure the people you are stealing from are not armed.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is a REALLY interesting interview on Project Camelot with George Green..he makes some seemingly "crazy" claims of his experiences being a political "insider"......but he does make some interesting points about how he is preparing for the "crash" in the last 10 min. of the first half of this interview.....in part 2 he describes his plan in more detail...worth watching......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area....but, I was hoping you could answer a question for me.

I read others posting that a credit union is a safer bet than using a bank. Well, what about smaller local banks?

Are they safer than the large mega financial institutions.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So if the worst happens, hyper inflation kicks in and your money is worth nothing anyway right? So why bother hoarding your cash? Why not invest it in something that will hold value like property that has running water and is farmable? (is that even a word?) Seriously, even gold will be worthless in the short run.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

One thing I've learned is you don't NEED a bank account. When any check is given to you, take it to the institution of the issuer. If they want to take a fee, refuse the fee but demand that the check still gets cashed. At this point a bank manager will come by. Insist on having the check cashed, if he refuses demand that he/she call up the customer who has the account with the bank and have them come down to the bank because they are refusing to cash the check. Usually at this point the bank will back down for a couple of reasons, #1 they don't want to call the customer and explain why they won't cash their check, #2 they don't want other customers to know that the fee is bogus. #3 it is hard to explain why a fee is charged at all when they are issuing institution of the check. #4 always be courteous because they may call the cops, but refuse to leave and be adamant and resolute until they cash their check.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Yes agreed, it was a good warning but you know some of the stories of businesses that have effectively been wiped out by the theft of their deposits make me

Ugh, isn't it sickening that we're even having this conversation ?!

Indeed

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The day that happens is the day the non-sheeple will storm the gates and burn the politicians' thrones to the ground.
Hopefully.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

After your direct deposit hits your account you would withdraw as much as possible and keep in cash. I know it is not a great solution but if your that worried about it then it becomes and option.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Yes, here in Canada if you don't pay your property taxes, you'll eventually get a letter from whatever municipality you're living in stating that you now have 30 days to vacate the premises (even if your home is fully paid for) because they now own it and will put it up for sale, unless you pay up your arrears before that date.

But the arrears accumulate for 2-4 years before they finally take action against you.

None of us outright own our land (paid for or not)... the countries we live in do.

We're just paying the SOB's rent for the privilege of living on it.

Pfft.

See...You do realize that your caught up in the Matrix...amd do your best to mitigate the power of the State over you...

unlike these members who are still dumbfounded at the realization they are caught up in the Matrix

Originally posted by ....
My employer requires us to use direct deposit or else we dont get paid. What choice do I have??

Originally posted by .....
This is ridiculous! It is nearly impossible to not use a bank. Even just to send checks to pay bills. I would not even know where to drive the cash to. They have us bent over a barrel. What options do we have? Perhaps an offshore account?

its impossible to have a self directed IRA/ROTH account that only lets a approved 'Custodian' to create and administer the account..
what one has to do is read the signs of the world around you to be timely in redeeming that account right before the government seizes the assets... there is no excape, no LLCs to create which will allow you to have a tax free ROTH...one will have to let go of the conventional 401k, IRA or ROTH and do a high risk retirement account that hides in a LLC tax shelter to go outside the Matrix

like others said... minimum needed on deposit monthly to pay ongoing bills, and to have the needed 'direct deposit' account required to receive most money distributions from govt and sometimes work

credit unions are the least dirty/risky deposit venues

buy physical gold-silver,(coins in my case) which approximate 2 years of property taxes...
20 some States are aready set up or are in the process of bringing gold & silver into the 'legal tender' status to pay taxes etc,

therealasset.co.uk...

in my case. SC is voting to accept any nations gold or silver coins as legal tender.. so long as the PM weight & purity is concerned... it is expected that most of the remaining 25 states will follow suit and count gold & silver , coins included, as legal money by weight & purity instead of just fiat reserve notes exclusively

in reply to:

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by k21968

After your direct deposit hits your account you would withdraw as much as possible and keep in cash. I know it is not a great solution but if your that worried about it then it becomes and option.

thats exactly how i did things at BAC in the period it took for my direct deposits to be switched to my new credit union account....it took a 2 month switch over time... i had govt check deposited in B of America account, took 75% of it in cash and began a credit union account which then too 6 weeks for the new direct deposit to be transferred... then the next month i closed the BAC account officially & lost only about $15 in the residual account balance--- i surrendered that money because i did not want to hassle with them...ot give them a chance to track me or my new account

BAC depositers are officially liable to pay off any Derivatives losses the bank might experience (they have $76 Trillion in exposures) with maybe some 10 Trillion in recurring deposits --- ergo, the $ in the accounts are the banks to take & spend
edit on 23-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A buzz cut! OMG!!! Oh noes!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I always thought it was best to keep your eggs in several baskets so if you drop one, all your eggs aren't broken and gone. Diversify, diversify, diversify. Own your own home, have rental property, have some cash on hand in savings, and small cash at home, use differnt banks between spouces and children, use 401k, IRAs, educational IRAs, stocks, bonds, diamonds, gold jewlery (Ever notice how certain human groups don't trust banks and therefore wear alot of gold?) mutual funds, save seeds, buy land and rent that out to farmers. Cars, boats, motorcycles, furniture and clothing all lose value after you buy them. Stamps, coin collecting, and paintings might be useful investments. Get educated with a worth while degree that is recession proof... Best of Luck to all!
edit on 23-4-2013 by frugal because: sp

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
they are going to take all $17 of my savings from me... OUTRAGED!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This sure goes against the FDIC which makes no distinction between ordinary financial insitutions and that that are TBTF. However, a crisis is certainly unavoidable given the 2cts on the dollar of FDIC protection.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

A good response!

I don't understand the TLAs not being in the US but I get the gist of the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join