It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... the Secret City. Would you live in a government run city containing nuclear plants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As some of you know, I currently live in a place referred to as the Secret City. Otherwise known as Oak Ridge Tennessee. Its not common for me to share where I live, but since I've already mentioned it in this thread, doesn't matter much now.

This city used to be cut off from the rest of the state. Seriously. The students lived in school, and people rarely entered or exited the city... it was super government locked-down. But that was around the time when we were at war with Japan... the same rules do not apply today.

So, after speculating upon some false flagging/terror event possibly taking place in Oak Ridge after witnessing the boys in black preforming drills at our local hospital, I began to ponder on this.

I am POOR. I'm a moneyless teenager. I can't afford to move right now.

But, in the future, this will change.

So, I come to YOU ATS, seeking opinions, and reasons behind those opinions.

Do you think living in the Secret City is a smart idea, regarding any possible SHTF scenario? Or... is it REALLY stupid? If they wanted this city under martial law, they have more than enough means and government officials around.

But as far as safety goes, our government wouldn't do anything to harm one of its most precious nuclear cities, would it? I wouldn't think so... well.. I HOPE they wouldn't.

Bugging out would be exceptionally hard, but I've lived here before when I was sixteen, just a couple years ago. I know my way around, and I've even slept on the streets once or twice here. The safest place is perhaps the school.

But, I would imagine, during a SHTF scenario, the rules would be different. There'd be police and curfews.

Eh, I don't know. What do you think, ATS?

Critical and cognitive feedback, please.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
depends on what the SHTF scenario would happen in the future, Say a complete collapse of the dollar, important infrastructure may fall to neglect, Say as an example nuclear plants, could end up in disrepair.

If its war, than again places like Nuclear plants could be a target as well, as for some kind of marshal law scenario again they are places the government would like to secure.

So being near a plant is like having a giant target on you I would think.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey, what a fascinating thing to share!

I have a couple questions tho.... First, what is that place like now? You describe it as still being a Government City, yet open ...so how does it compare for crime and the social issues in any other city across America? Is the management unique to it's history and status giving it some benefit in that way?

Oak Ridge uranium plant shut after protesters breach 4 fences, reach building

Also, my knowledge of Oak Ridge pretty well starts and ends with the history known of the support to the Atomic weapons in the 40's and the experimentation for medical issues related to nuclear matters in the 50's and 60's. Some real mixed history to that place as I've known it. That means nothing to modern life though, right? So in relation to the above linked story, how secure is the place for being safe in normal times, let alone when it might be specifically targeted?

Honest questions...as it sounds you have insights most of us would simply never be in a position to have?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hey, what a fascinating thing to share!

I have a couple questions tho.... First, what is that place like now? You describe it as still being a Government City, yet open ...so how does it compare for crime and the social issues in any other city across America? Is the management unique to it's history and status giving it some benefit in that way?

Oak Ridge uranium plant shut after protesters breach 4 fences, reach building

Also, my knowledge of Oak Ridge pretty well starts and ends with the history known of the support to the Atomic weapons in the 40's and the experimentation for medical issues related to nuclear matters in the 50's and 60's. Some real mixed history to that place as I've known it. That means nothing to modern life though, right? So in relation to the above linked story, how secure is the place for being safe in normal times, let alone when it might be specifically targeted?

Honest questions...as it sounds you have insights most of us would simply never be in a position to have?

Lol. A nun.

Well, I would describe it as simply government run. Looks like any other place, lots of fast food places, walmart, kmart, parks and stuff, etc. But you typically see more government trucks around here occasionally. And sometimes they have "Secret City Festivals" at the community center... its basically just a group of people gathering together to worship the military.

We had a lot of military branches invading our high school, trying to get seniors to sign into the military too. Everything around here is ALL about military. Its kinda annoying.

I actually wandered onto Y-12 by accident once, on their back road. It was a few years ago, my mother and I had a fight, so I took a backpack, my cat, and I left... walked literally ALL OVER Oak Ridge. Until I found myself lost on a back road in the middle of the night... I think it was their back entrance.

I saw a couple traffic lights (which were all green at the same time, and I thought it was totally weird) and I walked through an open gate, the road leading to the place. I just thought I wandered onto some nameless factory or something, until I looked up and saw a big sign that said;

"THIS AREA IS UNDER CONSTANT SURVEILLANCE, TRESPASSERS WILL BE APPREHENDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW."

Then all the traffic lights turned red.

Needless to say, it scared the HELL out of me, especially when a military truck came cruising down the road.

Nothing bad happened. The guy asked me why I was there, I informed him that I was walking to a friend's house and I had gotten lost. He let me turn around and leave, no sh## hit the fan or anything.

It was a scary experience, though.

edit on 22-4-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: kill yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
being severely allergic to any forms of authority or government .... wouldnt live anywhere close to any government areas ... authority and governments are hazardous for ones health ....

top topics

join